Relicalm Plus 5mg Tablet
By RELIANCE FORMULATION PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Relicalm Plus 5 mg/2 mg Tablet is used in schizophrenia treatment (a mental disorder in which a person develops unreal thoughts and behaviour). It is a combination of two medications. Relicalm Plus 5 mg/2 mg Tablet improves a person's ability to think, feel, and behave by altering thinking and elevating mood. Relicalm plus tablet also improves muscle control and reduces muscle stiffness. It can be taken with or without food. To assist the body in maintaining a steady amount of medicine, take it at the same time every day. Take this medication precisely as your doctor prescribes (dose and for the duration). If you forget to take a dose, do so as soon as you remember. Even if you feel better, don't skip any doses and make it through the complete course of treatment. Do not stop taking this medication without consulting your doctor, as doing so can exacerbate your symptoms. Nausea, constipation, dry mouth, sedation, irregular heart rhythm, urine retention, blurred vision, and anxiousness are all frequent adverse effects of this medication. It may also cause dizziness and tiredness; do not drive or operate machinery while taking it. If you have thyroid or renal problems, epilepsy (fits), Parkinson's disease (Shaking, stiffness, and difficulties walking, balancing, and coordination are all symptoms of this neurological condition), glaucoma (a condition in which there is a rise in pressure within the eyeball, resulting in gradual vision loss), or any heart problems, tell your doctor before taking it. If you are under the influence of alcohol or other cough or allergy medication, you should not take this medicine. This medication may induce weight gain, eat a well-balanced diet, avoid high-calorie snacks, and frequently exercise while taking it....
|You Save||₹2.34 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Trifluoperazine(5.0 Mg),Trihexyphenidyl / Benzhexol Hydrochloride(2.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, Constipation, Dryness in mouth, Sedation, Weight gain, Urinary retention|
Check more medicines with composition as Trifluoperazine(5.0 Mg) + Trihexyphenidyl / Benzhexol Hydrochloride(2.0 Mg)
Uses of Relicalm Plus 5mg Tablet
- As per CDSCO, it is used for
- Schizophrenia & Anxiety
Contraindications of Relicalm Plus 5mg Tablet
- In Allergy
- Patients who have a known allergy to trifluoperazine, trihexyphenidyl, or any other inactive substances in the formulation should not take this medication
- In CNS Depression
- Because of the increased risk of the patient's condition worsening. This medicine is not advised in patients with severe central nervous system depression or coma.
- In Narrow-angle glaucoma
- Because of the increased risk of the patient's condition worsening, this medicine is not advised for use in individuals with narrow-angle glaucoma
Side effects of Relicalm Plus 5mg Tablet
- Common side effects of Relicalm Plus include:
- Dryness in mouth
- Weight gain
- Blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Relicalm Plus 5mg Tablet
Can I take Relicalm plus tablet during pregnancy?
Using Relicalm plus tablet during pregnancy can be dangerous. Animal study has indicated negative effects on the fetus, despite the lack of human studies. Your doctor may prescribe in some cases if required; however, please seek medical advice. Do not self-medicate.
Can I take Relicalm plus tablet while breastfeeding?
It's not safe to take Relicalm plus tablet when you're breastfeeding. According to the research, the medicine may transfer into breastmilk and harm the newborn.
Can I drive if I have taken Relicalm plus tablet?
In some situations, Relicalm plus tablet may induce vision blurring, dizziness, moderate nausea, and mental disorientation. As a result, your ability to drive may be affected, so it is advised not to drive after taking the medication.
Can I consume alcohol with the Relicalm plus tablet?
Avoid drinking alcohol while using Relicalm plus tablet because it can induce side effects such as severe dizziness or fainting, irregular heartbeats, drowsiness, uncontrollable movements, fits, drowsiness, and a high or low body temperature.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Talk to your doctor if
- You have Seizure-Individuals with seizure problems should exercise caution while on treatment with the medication. If you experience any unusual symptoms, contact your doctor straight away. In some circumstances, depending on the clinical state, appropriate dose modifications or substitution may be required...
- You are a Child- This medicine is not suggested for use in children under the age of 18 since its safety and efficacy have not been scientifically proven
- You have Dementia-Because of the increased risk of major side effects, including death, this medicine is not advised for dementia patients. People above the age of 65 are at high risk. In some circumstances, depending on the clinical state, appropriate dose modifications or replacement may be required...
- You have Malignant Neuroleptic Syndrome-Patients who stop using this prescription or reduce the daily recommended dose are at risk of developing Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome (NMS). If you experience fever, muscle rigidity, or a change in mental status should all be brought to the attention of your doctor...
- You have Tardive dyskinesia- Due to the higher risk of the patient's condition worsening, this medicine is not advised for use in patients with tardive dyskinesia, which is an involuntary movement of the tongue, lips, and face, unless the patient also has Parkinson's disease. In some circumstances, depending on the clinical state, appropriate dose modifications or substitution may be required...
- You have Infectious Diarrhea- in case of infectious diarrhea, this medication slows the removal of the bacteria from the body. Hence, it is not indicated for people who have infectious diarrhea. Inform your doctor if you have severe diarrhea or if you've recently taken antibiotics...
- You are Hypertensive-Because of the increased risk of high blood pressure, this medicine should be used with caution in patients with hypertension. Blood pressure should be checked on a frequent basis while using this medicine. In some circumstances, depending on the clinical state, appropriate dose modifications or substitution may be required...
Mode of Action of Relicalm Plus 5mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
The Relicalm Tablet combines trifluoperazine and trihexyphenidyl. Trifluoperazine is common antipsychotic medication. It works by preventing the brain's chemical messenger (dopamine) from influencing thoughts and mood. However, it can create negative side effects such as uncontrollable movements (shaking of hands, muscle spasms). Trihexyphenidyl belongs to the anticholinergic drug class, which works by inhibiting a natural chemical (acetylcholine)...
Directions for Use of Relicalm Plus 5mg Tablet
- Follow your doctor's directions for this medication's dosage and duration
- It must not be chewed, crushed, or broken in any way
- Relicalm Tablet can be taken with or without food
- It is recommended that you take it at the same time each day
Interactions of Relicalm Plus 5mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- ACE inhibitors(Captopril)-Together, they may make your heartbeat in an abnormal rhythm or lower your blood pressure too much
- Acetaminophen-When taken with Acetaminophen, the metabolism of Relicalm plus tablet can be slowed
- Alclofenac-The risk or severity of hypertension can increase when Relicalm plus tablet is combined with Alclofenac
- Benzocaine-The risk or severity of adverse effects can be increased when Relicalm plus tablet is combined with Benzocaine
- BupivacaineThe risk or severity of adverse effects can be increased when Bupivacaine is combined with Relicalm plus tablet
Storage and disposal of Relicalm Plus 5mg Tablet
Storage -The storage area's temperature should not surpass 30°C. The tablet should be stored away from direct sunlight, in a cool, dark place without humidity. It should be kept out of children's and pets' reach. Disposal- Do not flush the tablet down the toilet or into a drain unless otherwise directed. When this product is no longer required or has expired, properly dispose of it to avoid accidental consumption by children or animals....
Dosage of Relicalm Plus 5mg Tablet
Seek emergency medical treatment or contact a doctor if you suspect an overdose. Overdose symptoms include sleepiness, loss of consciousness, agitation, restlessness, fever, seizures, dry mouth.
Missed a Dose
If you miss taking a dose, remember to do so as quickly as possible. If your next dose is nearing, skip the missed dose and resume your regular schedule. Do not take two doses as it may lead to overdose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can the use of Relicalm Plus 5 mg/2 mg Tablet cause dry mouth?
A: Relicalm plus pill cause dry mouth as a negative effect. Drink plenty of water if you have a dry mouth. Take little sips throughout the day, and have a water bottle by your bedside at night. If your lips are also dry, you can use lip balm. Acidic foods (like lemons), spicy, or salty should all be avoided.
Q: If I'm feeling good, may I stop using Relicalm Plus 5 mg/2 mg Tablet?
A: No, even if you're feeling ok, you should keep taking Relicalm plus tablet. If you suddenly stop taking Relicalm plus tablet, you may experience acute withdrawal symptoms, and your condition may worsen. Before you discontinue taking Relicalm plus tablet, your doctor will gradually taper the dose of the medication to avoid the withdrawal reactions.
Q: Is this a habit-forming medicine?
A: No habit-forming tendencies were reported.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.