Reglan Vail Of 10ml Injection
Reglan 5 MG/ML Description
Reglan Injection is used to treat nausea and vomiting. It contains metoclopramide as its active ingredient. Metoclopramide acts by increasing the movement of the food into the food pipe to the stomac
h and intestine. It is administered under medical supervision. It should not be used for children below 1 year of age and breastfeeding mothers. Inform your doctor about all the medical conditions and medications you had or are currently taking, before taking Reglan Injection. You may feel sleepy, diarrhoea, weakness, low blood pressure after taking Injection. If these symptoms do not resolve over time or worsens, reach out to the nearest doctor or hospital.
- Perinorm Ampoule Of 2ml InjectionBy Ipca Laboratories2ml Injection in AmpouleMRP 5.80₹ 4.93₹ 2.47/Ml
Uses of Reglan 5 MG/ML
Contraindications of Reglan 5 MG/ML
- If you are allergic metoclopramide or any other ingredients of Reglan Injection.
- If you have bleeding in the stomach or obstruction of the stomach and intestine.
- If you have a non-cancerous tumour of the adrenal gland (phaeochromocytoma).
- If you have an active or history of seizure.
- If you have experienced any side effects due to Metoclopramide.
- If you have Parkinson's disease and on its medication such as levodopa.
- If you are on ropinirole, pramipexole medication.
- If you are breastfeeding.
- If you had recent surgery of stomach, intestine or anus.
Side effects of Reglan 5 MG/ML
- Low blood pressure
- Low mood or emotion
- Muscle shivering
Precautions and Warnings of Reglan 5 MG/ML
Other General Warnings
- You have any psychiatric disease.
- You have liver, kidney or heart diseases.
- Reglan Injection should not be used for children below 1 year of age.
Mode of Action of Reglan 5 MG/ML
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Reglan 5 MG/ML
- Reglan Injection will be given by a doctor or nurse in a hospital/clinic.
- Do not self-inject. Follow any aftercare instructions given by the doctor/nurse.
Interactions of Reglan 5 MG/ML
Interactions with other medicines
- Concurrent use of antiparkinson medicines such as levodopa, ropinirole, pramipexole decrease the effect of Reglan Injection.
- This Injection alters the effect of atovaquone (antibiotic), cyclosporin (immunosuppressant), digoxin (heart-medicine), paracetamol (for pain, fever), fluoxetine, paroxetine, mivacurium, escitalopram, olanzapine (anti-psychiatric medicine)....
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Reglan 5 MG/ML
- Store Reglan Injection at a temperature not exceeding 25 °C in the original packaging to protect it from light.
- Use it immediately after dilution or the first opening of the medicinal product. Do not freeze.
Dosage of Reglan 5 MG/ML
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Will Reglan Injection stop vomiting?
Q: Can Reglan Injection cause constipation?
Q: Can Reglan Injection be given during pregnancy?
Q: Can Reglan Injection make me feel sleepy?
Q: What should I inform my doctor Reglan Injection?
Q: Does Reglan Injection relieve nausea and vomiting?
Q: How do you use the Reglan Injection?
Q: What is the mechanism of action of Reglan Injection?
Q: Is Reglan an antibiotic?
- Metoclopramide 5 mg/ml Injection - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 22 April 2022]
- Drugs H. Metoclopramide: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 22 April 2022]
- Metoclopramide [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 22 April 2022]
- Metoclopramide 5 mg/ml Injection - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 22 April 2022]