Recovorin 50mg Injection
Recovorin 50 MG Description
Recovorin Injection is used to neutralize the harmful effects of methotrexate, a cancer medicine. It contains calcium folinate as an active ingredient. It acts by protecting the healthy cells from th
e harmful effects of methotrexate. This Injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse at a hospital or clinic.
Uses of Recovorin 50 MG
- Recovorin Injection is used to treat neutralize the harmful effects of methotrexate (anticancer medicine).
- It is used to treat folic acid deficiency anaemia caused due to various reasons.
Contraindications of Recovorin 50 MG
- If you are allergic to calcium folinate or any other ingredient of Recovorin Injection.
- If you have any kind of anaemia due to vitamin B12 deficiency.
Side effects of Recovorin 50 MG
- Bone marrow failure
- Inflammation of gut or mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Recovorin 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have vitamin B12 deficiency anaemia.
- You have a history of fits.
- You are an elderly.
- You are on any cancer treating medicine.
Mode of Action of Recovorin 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Recovorin 50 MG
Interactions of Recovorin 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Recovorin Injection works or Recovorin itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor of medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Especially taking medicines such as antibiotics, medicine to treat a brain-related disorder or any other medicine that acts by inhibiting folic acid.
Storage and disposal of Recovorin 50 MG
- Store Recovorin in a cool and dry place as recommended on the cartoon.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Recovorin 50 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long does it take for Recovorin Injection to work?
Q: What is the composition of Recovorin Injection?
- Calcium Folinate 10 mg/ml Injection [Internet]. Labeling.pfizer.com. 2022 [cited 13 June 2022]
- Calcium Folinate 10 mg/ml Injection - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 June 2022]
- Calcium Folinate 10 mg/ml Injection - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 June 2022]