Ramitop 5mg Tablet
By ECON HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ramitop 5 MG Description
Ramitop Tablet is an anti-hypertensive medicine. It contains ramipril as its active ingredient. Ramitop is used to treat high blood pressure and is also used to reduce the risk of heart attack and st
roke. Ramipril Tablet acts by reducing the raising blood pressure. Take this medicine in doses and duration as prescribed by the doctor. It can be taken with or without food. You should take a Ramitop at a fixed time every day, to gain optimal therapeutic benefits. Do not stop taking Tablet Ramitop, as it can lead to hypertensive crisis and even heart failure.
|You Save||₹11.85 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||High blood pressure and heart conditions|
|Side effects||Dry cough, headache, dizziness, low blood pressure|
Check more medicines with composition as Ramipril(5.0 Mg)
7 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Ramitop 5mg Tablet
- Cadpril 5mg TabletBy Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 97.38₹ 82.77₹ 8.28/Tablet
- Rami Race 5mg TabletBy Knoll Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 97.20₹ 77.76₹ 7.78/Tablet
- Cardace 5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Sanofi10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 146.08₹ 124.17₹ 12.42/Tablet
- Cardace 5mg Tablets 15'sBy Sanofi15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 122.64₹ 104.24₹ 6.95/Tablet
- Ramipres 5mg TabletBy Cipla Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 81.76₹ 65.41₹ 6.54/Tablet
- Ramistar 5mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Lupin15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 122.64₹ 104.24₹ 6.95/Tablet
- Ziram 5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Fdc Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 57.00₹ 48.45₹ 4.85/Tablet
Uses of Ramitop 5 MG
- Ramitop Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure.
- It is also used to prevent and treat certain heart diseases like heart attack, heart failure.
Contraindications of Ramitop 5 MG
- If you are allergic to ramipril or any other ingredients present in Ramitop Tablet.
- If you have facial swelling.
- If you have any kind of pre-existing medical condition such as low blood pressure, diabetes, liver or kidney problem etc.
- If you are in the 2nd or 3rd trimester of pregnancy.
- If you have kidney artery stenosis (where the blood supply to the kidney is obstructed).
- If you are on sacubitril/valsartan therapy (used to treat heart failure).
Side effects of Ramitop 5 MG
- Dry cough
- Reduced blood pressure
- High potassium levels in the blood
- Skin rashes
- Leg cramps
Precautions and Warnings of Ramitop 5 MG
Can I take Ramitop Tablet during pregnancy?
You should not take Ramitop Tablet during pregnancy or if you are planning to have a baby. This medicine may cause serious harm to your baby. If you become pregnant while taking this medicine, discontinue the treatment and consult your doctor immediately. Your doctor may switch you to a safer alternative.
Can I take Ramitop Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is not advised to take Ramitop Tablets while breastfeeding due to its harmful effects on the newborn baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ramitop Tablet?
Ramitop may make you feel dizzy or tired. Individuals must avoid driving or operating heavy machinery immediately after consuming this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Ramitop Tablet?
Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Ramitop as alcohol can affect the concentration of this medicine in your body and can also affect its desired action.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any liver, heart and kidney problems or diseases.
- You are on any medication for a specific medical condition.
- You have low sodium levels and high potassium levels in the blood.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You have low blood pressure.
- You are undergoing any surgery.
- You develop a cough, allergic condition or facial swelling after taking this medicine.
- Ramitop Tablet should not be used in children below 16 years of age.
Mode of Action of Ramitop 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Ramitop Tablet acts by inhibiting the formation of angiotensin II which constricts the blood vessels. Thus, the inhibitory action causes the relaxation of blood vessels, lowers the blood pressure and makes the pumping of the heart easier....
Directions for Use of Ramitop 5 MG
Take Ramitop Tablet without breaking or chewing along with water. Ramitop Tablet can be taken either with or without a meal. It is advised to take the Tablet at the same time every day and at a dose prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Ramitop 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Ramitop Tablet if, taken at the same time. You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction....
- Concomitant use of Ramitop Tablet with valsartan/sacubitril should not be used for 36 hours after the use of ramipril, as it can increase the risk of angioedema.
- Your blood potassium levels may increase if you are taking potassium supplements (amiloride, spironolactone), cyclosporin, heparin, potassium salts, trimethoprim alone or in combination with sulfamethoxazole (for infections) and heparin (for thinning the blood) and thus should be used with caution....
- Ramitop Tablet can decrease your blood pressure abruptly if taken with other blood pressure lowering-medicine (methyldopa, lisinopril, furosemide, candesartan, telmisartan).
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are anti-diabetics, antibiotics, anti-gout medicines, brain-related medicines, immunosuppressants, steroids etc.
Storage and disposal of Ramitop 5 MG
- Store Ramitop below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep product out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Ramitop 5 MG
Overdose of Ramitop may cause very low blood pressure, decreased heart rate, changes in blood salt levels, kidney damage, fainting, etc. if the medicine is taken more than the recommended dose. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
Do not miss a dose of this medicine is it may lead to a rise in blood pressure. If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Ramitop a blood thinner?
A: No, Ramitop Tablet is not a blood thinner medicine. It is an anti-hypertensive medicine used to lower the raised blood pressure and other associated complications.
Q: Can I stop taking Ramitop?
A: No, Ramitop should not be immediately stopped after relieving of the symptoms. If you wish to stop the treatment, speak to your doctor. Gradual weening of the medication should be done to avoid adverse effects.
Q: Can Ramitop cause cough?
A: Dry cough is one of the side effects that can be seen during the treatment with Ramitop. Although not everyone gets them. Side effects often improve as your body gets used to the medicine.
- Ramipril 2.5mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Ramipril [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 9 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Ramipril 2.5mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 9 May 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed