Racigyl Sb Sach
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
1g Oral Powder in Sachet
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Racigyl SB Sachet contains a combination of two medicines, Racecadotril and Saccharomyces boulardii which is effective in treating diarrhoea in children. This medicine should be given along with prescribed dietary restrictions and rehydration therapy for diarrhoea. Diarrhoea in children should not be taken lightly and medicines should be given after consulting a doctor.
Uses of Racigyl Sb Sach
- Treatment of acute diarrhoea in children over 3 months of age.
Contraindications of Racigyl Sb Sach
If you are allergic to Racecadotril, Saccharomyces boulardii or any other ingredients of this medicine. If you have lactose intolerance.
Side effects of Racigyl Sb Sach
- Skin rash
- Swelling in and around the mouth, lips, tongue can make it difficult for the child to breathe.
Precautions and Warnings of Racigyl Sb Sach
Can I take the Racigyl SB Sachet during pregnancy?
This medicine is intended for use in children. Hence the usage of this medicine during pregnancy is irrelevant.
Can I take the Racigyl SB Sachet while breastfeeding?
This medicine is intended for use in children. Hence the usage of this medicine in lactating mothers is irrelevant.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Racigyl SB Sachet?
This medicine is intended for use in children. Hence, driving after consuming this medicine is irrelevant. However, your child can play or ride a cycle after consuming this medicine as this does affect the senses of the child.
Can I consume alcohol with the Racigyl SB Sachet?
This medicine is intended for use in children. Hence, the consumption of alcohol with this medicine is irrelevant.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your child is under three months of age.
- Your child is suffering from fever and blood or pus in stools.
- Your child is suffering from chronic diarrhoea or diarrhoea caused by antibiotics.
- Your child is suffering from kidney diseases or impaired liver function.
- Your child is suffering from frequent or uncontrolled vomiting.
- Your child is suffering from diabetes.
- You notice an allergic reaction after giving this medicine to your child.
Mode of Action of Racigyl Sb Sach
How Does It Work?
Racigyl SB Sachet contains two active medicines, Racecadotril (anti-secretory agent) and Saccharomyces boulardii (probiotic). Racecadotril acts on the enzymes of the intestine and reduces the loss of water and salts (electrolytes) from intestinal walls while Saccharomyces boulardii is a type of 'friendly micro organism' and inhibits other harmful bacteria. The combination of both these medicines helps in controlling diarrhoea in children. It is equally important to maintain the recommended rehydration of the child along with these medicines.
Directions for Use of Racigyl Sb Sach
- Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Racigyl Sb Sach
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of this medicine with antifungal medicines like clotrimazole, itraconazole, ketoconazole should be avoided.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions.
Storage and disposal of Racigyl Sb Sach
Store it in a cool and dry place. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Racigyl Sb Sach
- This medicine is not known to have caused any reaction in case of an overdose However, If you have taken too much of this medicine and experienced any discomforts, then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.read less
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow your regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I give the Racigyl SB Sachet to my child for a stomach infection?
A: Racigyl SB Sachet does not contain any antibiotic medicine, so it should not be given to a child suffering from a stomach infection. Consult a doctor and follow his/her advice properly.
Q: How to manage diarrhoea in children?
- Diarrhoea in children should never be taken lightly, consult a doctor and follow his advice.
- Adequate rehydration is very important in any diarrhoea. WHO ORS or intravenous fluids can be given as required.
- Ask your doctor about diet restrictions and allowed diet in your case.
- Supplements like zinc are also beneficial.
- Good hygiene should be practised.
|You Save||₹3.63 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Saccharomyces Boulardi(2.5 B),Racecadotril(15.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||skin rash allergic reactions|
Last Updated on: 05 Apr 2021 | 04:11 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved