Rabium Dsr Capsule
Rabium Dsr Capsule Description
Rabium DSR capsule contains a combination of rabeprazole and domperidone as its active ingredient. Rabium DSR capsule is an anti-reflux medicine used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD),
also known as acid reflux condition. GERD is a condition where the acid from the stomach moves back up to the food pipe along with contents of the stomach characterized by heartburn, chest pain, burning, pain and regurgitation of food or sour liquid due to irritation of the stomach. Rabium DSR capsule acts by lowering the acid secretion in the stomach and also reduces or prevents the backflow of stomach content towards the food pipe. Rabium DSR capsules should be taken at least 30 minutes before meals for the best result. Avoid spicy, oily and junk food, alcohol, smoking, large meals before going to bed, caffeinated drinks, etc while on this medicine. An active and healthy lifestyle is the key to controlling and managing acid reflux or related symptoms.
- Pharabe 20/30mg Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Threpsi Solutions Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 113.00₹ 96.05₹
- Rabephar Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Threpsi Solutions Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 179.00₹ 107.40₹
- Rabesec Dsr CapsuleBy Cipla Gx10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 146.41₹ 102.49₹
- Rablet D Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Lupin15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 274.50₹ 233.32₹
- R Rd Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Blue Cross Laboratories Private Limited15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 71.00₹ 60.35₹
- Bravia Dsr Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Grandcure Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 134.20₹ 134.20₹
- Rab D Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Khandelwal Laboratories Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 92.17₹ 92.17₹
- Rabium Dsr Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 176.00₹ 149.60₹
- Rapeed D CapsuleBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 123.00₹ 104.55₹
- Rabiplus D Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Wanbury Ltd15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 248.00₹ 210.80₹
Uses of Rabium Dsr Capsule
Contraindications of Rabium Dsr Capsule
- If you are allergic to rabeprazole, domperidone or any of the ingredients of the Rabium DSR capsule.
- If you are taking any medicine which might affect the contraction of the heart muscle (QT prolongation).
- If you are suffering from bleeding in the digestive system.
- If you are suffering from liver or kidney disorder.
- If you have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems or electrolyte imbalance.
- If you have any tumour of the pituitary gland (Prolactin pituitary tumours).
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Rabium Dsr Capsule
- Lack of energy
- Skin rash
- Dry mouth
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Rabium Dsr Capsule
- Rabium DSR capsule passes into breast milk in small amounts and might affect your baby. Consult your doctor if you are breastfeeding. After assessing the necessity and safety, your doctor might either change the medicine or ask you to stop breastfeeding or closely monitor the baby....
Other General Warnings
- You develop watery diarrhoea, black stools, fever after taking this medicine.
- You have a stomach tumour.
- You have a history of fractures or have osteoporosis or taking steroids.
- You have liver and kidney disease.
- You have heart problems and associated symptoms like palpitations, difficulty in breathing, unconsciousness.
- You are on this medicine for more than three months. Your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same.
- You develop skin lesions, especially in the sun-exposed area, after taking this medicine.
- You are taking medicines to treat HIV.
- You have low levels of vitamin B12. This medicine is known to reduce the absorption of vitamin B12 after long term use. Supplements may be needed.
- Taking this medicine for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
- Rabium DSR capsules should not be used in children below 12 years of age.
Mode of Action of Rabium Dsr Capsule
How Does It Work?
- A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids. Rabeprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion.
- Domperidone increases the motility of the stomach and intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Rabium Dsr Capsule
Interactions of Rabium Dsr Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Rabium DSR capsule works or Rabium DSR capsule itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
- Medicine used to treat heart failure like digoxin may lead to toxicity when taken with this medicine, thus should be used cautiously.
- Blood thinner medicine such as warfarin should be used cautiously, as it increases the risk of bleeding.
Interactions with food items
- Rabium DSR capsules should preferably be taken on an empty stomach.
- There are no known interactions with food or beverages. However, nicotine and caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate and cola) can increase stomach acid or delay ulcer healing and hinder the treatment process....
Storage and disposal of Rabium Dsr Capsule
- Store below 25°C, protected from moisture and light.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Rabium Dsr Capsule
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am suffering from liver problem. Is Rabium DSR capsule safe for me?
Q: I get acidity quite often, what should I do to avoid it?
- Avoid spicy and oily food
- Reduce smoking and alcohol intake as these are known to worsen the reflux
- Avoid carbonated drinks like cold drinks and soda as the carbon dioxide gas in these is known to worsen acid reflux
- Reduce chocolate, mint intake
- Some medicines are known to increase the acidity and worsen the condition such as pain killers like Ibuprofen. You should avoid using these for long duration
Q: I have been taking this medicine for a few months now, what should I look out for?
- Take this medicine only for the duration as prescribed by your doctor. If there is relief in your symptoms, you may visit your doctor for a follow-up, when your doctor may reduce its dose
- This medicine is known to cause fractures, low magnesium levels and vitamin B12 levels on long term use
- You need to be cautious about these and keep checking your blood levels regularly and if need be your doctor may prescribe the supplements for these deficiencies
Q: Can I take the Rabium DSR capsule for gas?
Q: When should I take Rabium DSR?
Q: Can I take Rabium DSR for the long term?
- Domperidone 10mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 August 2021]
- RABICIP D Capsules [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 12 August 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 12 August 2021]
- Domperidone 10mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 August 2021]