Cyra D Capsule
By SYSTOPIC LABORATORIES
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cyra-D capsule is an anti-reflux medicine and is used to treat gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD). GERD is a condition in which acid from the stomach flows back to the food pipe and causes heartburn, belching, nausea and chest pain. Cyra-D capsule contains a combination of two medicines - Rabeprazole and Domperidone. It works by reducing the amount of acid produced in the stomach and improves the mortality in the gut, thus, reducing the backflow of stomach content into the food pipe. It should be taken as instructed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. The common side effects of Cyra-D capsule are headache, diarrhoea, stomach pain, lack of energy, rash and dry mouth. These side effects normally go away with time, but if you feel your condition deteriorates, you should consult your doctor immediately.
Uses of Cyra D Capsule
Cyra-D Capsule is used to treat gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD). This condition leads to acid regurgitating from the stomach into the food pipe, causing heartburn, chest discomfort and acidity.
Contraindications of Cyra D Capsule
- If you are allergic to Rabeprazole or Domperidone or any of the ingredients of Cyra-D capsule.
- If you are suffering from any liver or kidney problems.
- If you have serious heart problems like heart failure, heart rhythm problems, electrolyte imbalance.
- If you are taking any medicine which might affect the contraction of the heart muscle (QT prolongation).
- If you are suffering from bleeding in your digestive system.
- If you have any tumor of the pituitary gland (Prolactin pituitary tumours).
- If you are pregnant, think you may be or are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Cyra D Capsule
- Stomach pain
- Back pain
- Lack of energy
- Skin rash
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Cyra D Capsule
Can I take Cyra-D Capsule during pregnancy?
Cyra-D capsules should not be used in pregnancy as components of this capsule may harm your unborn baby. It is essential to always consult a doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Cyra-D Capsule while breastfeeding?
Components of Cyra-D capsule passes into breast milk in small amounts and might affect your baby. Consult your doctor if you are breastfeeding, after assessing the benefits over risks your doctor might change the medicine, ask you to stop breastfeeding or closely monitor the baby for any side effects.
Can I drive if I have consumed Cyra-D Capsule?
If you experience drowsiness and visual disturbances (altered vision) after taking Cyra-D capsules, it is advised not to drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Cyra-D Capsule?
Consuming alcohol while on treatment with the Cyra-D capsule does not affect the way it works. However, you should avoid drinking alcohol in excess as it is known to increase acidity and can make your acidity worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your liver and kidney.
- You have heart problems and experience symptoms like palpitations, difficulty in breathing, unconsciousness.
- You develop watery diarrhoea, fever after taking Cyra-D capsules.
- You notice black or dark stools.
- You have a stomach tumour.
- You have a history of fractures or have osteoporosis or taking steroids.
- You are taking medicines to treat HIV infection like ritonavir.
- You develop skin lesions especially in the sun-exposed area after taking this capsule.
- You have low levels of vitamin B12. This capsule is known to reduce the absorption of vitamin B12 after long term use. Supplements may be needed.
- You are on the Cyra-D capsule for more than three months. Your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same.
- Taking Cyra-D capsules for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
- Cyra-D capsules are not recommended for use in children of 12 years and below.
Mode of Action of Cyra D Capsule
How Does It Work?
- A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids. Rabeprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion.
- Domperidone increases the motility of the stomach and intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Cyra D Capsule
Cyra-D capsules should be taken as a whole with a sufficient amount of water (and should not be chewed or crushed), preferably in the morning before food. It should be taken exactly as directed by the doctor. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Cyra D Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of Cyra-D Capsule with other medicines. However, as this capsule contains Omeprazole and Domperidone, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination.Read less
- Avoid using Cyra-D Capsule along with medicines like Disopyramide, Amiodarone, medicines used for psychiatric problems haloperidol, Citalopram, antibiotics like Erythromycin, Levofloxacin, Azithromycin, antifungals like Pentamidine, Ketoconazole and other medicines like Cisapride, Dolasetron, Mequitazine, Rilpivirine, etc.Read less
- Cyra-D capsule interferes with the action of antiviral medicines like Rilpivirine, Atazanavir and Nelfinavir and antifungals like Posaconazole, Ketoconazole and Itraconazole and thus should be used with caution.Read less
- Medicine used to treat heart failure like digoxin may lead to toxicity when taken with Cyra-D capsules.
- Medicines used for your mental health like Diazepam, Phenytoin should also be used with caution.
- If you are taking Warfarin, caution is needed as there are chances of increased bleeding when taken along with Cyra-D capsules.
Interactions with food items
Cyra-D capsules should preferably be taken on an empty stomach. There are no known interactions with food or beverages. However, nicotine and caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate and cola) can increase stomach acid or delay ulcer healing and hinder the treatment process as well.
Storage and disposal of Cyra D Capsule
Store Cyra-D capsules in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets. Do not use expired or damaged medicines. Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Cyra D Capsule
Symptoms of overdose include confusion, anxiety, fits, altered consciousness, sleepiness, etc. contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital if you think you experience any of these symptoms or think you may have taken too much of Cyra-D capsules,
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Cyra-D capsule take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am suffering from a liver problem. Can I take the Cyra-D capsule?
A: You need to inform the doctor if you are suffering from any kind of liver or kidney problem. The doctor may suggest another medicine.
Q: What needs to be done to avoid acidity?
- You should avoid spicy, oily and packed food.
- You need to avoicd or at least reduce smoking and alcohol intake.
- You should avoid aerated drinks like cold drinks or soda.
- Some medicines are known to increase the acidity and worsen the condition such as pain killers, ibuprofen. You should avoid using these for a prolonged duration.
Q: I have been taking Cyra-D capsules for some months now, what should I watch for?
- Take Cyra-D capsules only for the duration as prescribed by your doctor. If there is relief in your symptoms, you may visit your doctor for a follow-up, where your doctor may reduce its dose.
- This capsule is known to cause fractures, low magnesium levels, vitamin B12 levels on long term use.
- You need to cautious about these and keep checking your blood levels regularly and if need be your doctor may prescribe the supplements for these deficiencies.
Q: For how long should I take the Cyra-D capsule?
A: Your doctor will decide the frequency and duration of the treatment with the Cyra-D capsule after accessing your condition. You should not stop taking this capsule before completing the treatment neither should you take it for a longer duration.
Q: What is the use of the Cyra-D capsule?
A: Cyra-D capsule is used for the treatment of gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD).
Q: When to take Cyra-D capsule after food or before?
A: Cyra-D capsules should normally be taken before food (on an empty stomach), preferably in the morning.
Q: Is Pan-D and Cyra-D capsules composition the same?
A: No, the Cyra-D capsule is a combination of Rabeprazole and Domperidone, whereas the Pan-D capsule contains Pantoprazole and Domperidone. Both of these medicines are used for the treatment of stomach acid reflux disease. Your doctor will decide which one to prescribe you after assessing your health condition and prescribe you with medicine depending upon underlying disease, the severity of disease and other parameters.
Q: Is Cyra D capsule an antibiotic?
A: No, the Cyra-D capsule is not an antibiotic.
Q: Can I stop taking the Cyra-D capsule on my own?
A: No, you should never stop taking the Cyra-D capsule until advised by the doctor, even if you are feeling good. If you stop taking this medicine in between the treatment, it may not completely cure your condition and can lead to reoccurrence.
Q: Is Cyra-D Capsule addictive?
A: No, the Cyra-D capsule is not an addiction causing medicine. However, it should be used as per the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor.
Last Updated on: 05 Apr 2021 | 10:36 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved