Q Mind Sr 200mg Tablet
Q Mind Sr 200 MG Description
Q Mind Sr Tablet treats mania, schizophrenia, or other mental illnesses that cause hallucinations or delusions that limit a person's capacity to think and act. It's a medication that also treats bipo
lar illness. It is possible to take Q Mind Sr Tablet with or without meals. However, it would help if you took it simultaneously every day to keep a regular dose of medication in your body. Take this medication in the amount and for the length of time as your doctor suggests, and if you fail a dose, consume it as fast as you recall. It's critical not to discontinue taking this medicine without already consulting your doctor since doing so might make your symptoms worse. Also, stop taking this prescription right away if you get Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome, indicated by fever, muscular stiffness, altered awareness, or seizures. Reduced haemoglobin levels in the blood, raised triglycerides levels, lowered cholesterol levels, and withdrawal symptoms are all typical adverse effects of this medication. In addition, this prescription may cause a fast decrease in blood pressure when changing positions, so it's best to slowly get up if you've been sitting or lying down. Finally, this prescription may cause you to gain weight, but you may decrease this adverse effect by improving your lifestyle and eating a nutritious diet and physical activity. While taking this medication, you must be cautious since it may raise your chance of getting diabetes. Therefore, it's wise to note your glucose levels frequently. In addition, while using this medication, report any unexpected changes in mood or behaviour, new or severe depression, or suicidal tendencies to your physician.
|You Save||₹52.95 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Treatment of mania and schizophrenia|
|Side effects||Increased triglyceride level in the blood, weight gain, reduced haemoglobin level in the blood, decreased cholesterol level in the blood, dry mouth, drowsiness.|
Uses of Q Mind Sr 200 MG
- As per CDSCO, the Q Mind Sr Tablet treats mania and schizophrenia.
Contraindications of Q Mind Sr 200 MG
- If you feel allergic to any active ingredients of Q Mind Sr Tablet
Side effects of Q Mind Sr 200 MG
- Increased triglyceride level in blood
- Weight gain
- Decreased haemoglobin level in blood
- Reduced cholesterol level in blood
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Q Mind Sr 200 MG
Other General Warnings
- Your chances of cardiac issues and movement difficulties while using Q Mind Sr Tablet is less.
- You should have it for four to six weeks to show effects. After that, continue taking it as your doctor suggests.
- You must not do anything that demands attention because Q Mind Sr Tablet can induce dizziness and tiredness.
- You should carefully stand or lay down to reduce the risk of feeling lightheaded or passing out.
- You must eat appropriately, exercise often, and check your blood pressure regularly since Q Mind Sr Tablet has the potential to raise your weight, blood sugar, and cholesterol levels.
- You can seek medical assistance if you notice odd changes in your mood or behaviour, new or severe depression, or suicidal thoughts or conduct.
Mode of Action of Q Mind Sr 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Q Mind Sr 200 MG
- Consume Q Mind Sr Tablets one to three times every day, with or without meals. Each day, at the same time(s), consume Q Mind Sr Tablet.
- Read the label instructions carefully, and if there is anything you don't understand, ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist to describe it to you.
- Take Q Mind Sr Tablets as your doctor prescribes. Do not consume less or more of it, or take it more frequently than your doctor suggests.
- Do not break, smash, or crumble Q Mind Sr Tablet; instead, swallow them as a whole. During the initial week of therapy, your doctor will recommend beginning you on a smaller dosage of Q Mind Sr Tablet and progressively raising it....
- If you haven't taken Q Mind Sr Tablet for a week or more, you should contact your doctor before restarting your treatment.
- If you feel fine, keep taking Q Mind Sr Tablet. However, stopping Q Mind Sr Tablet without consulting your practitioner is not a good idea.
Interactions of Q Mind Sr 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Q Mind Sr Tablet might interact with the following medication and cause serious side effects like increased triglyceride level in blood or weight gain. The medications are
- Analgesics such as Acetaminophen, Tramadol, Hydrocodone,
- Opioid pain relievers like Hydrocodone, Codeine,
- Muscle relaxants, including Cyclobenzaprine, Carisoprodol,
- Antidepressants such as Bupropion, Citalopram, Escitalopram
Interactions with food items
- There is no interaction between Q Mind Sr Tablet and food. However, please consult your physician before consuming it.
Storage and disposal of Q Mind Sr 200 MG
Dosage of Q Mind Sr 200 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Divya Rohra
Dr. Jagruti Jain
M.B.B.S., M.D., D.N.B., General Medicine
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Q Mind Sr Tablet an anti-sleep medication?
Q: Is Q Mind Sr Tablet effective in the treatment of anxiety?
Q: Is it possible for Q Mind Sr Tablet to promote weight gain?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Gov.in. [cited 2022 Mar 7]. Available from
- PubChem. Quetiapine [Internet]. Nih.gov. [cited 2022 Mar 7]. Available from:
- Quetiapine Fumarate (SEROQUEL) in the Treatment of Adolescent Patients With Schizophrenia and Bipolar I Disorder - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.Gov [Internet]. Clinicaltrials.gov. [cited 2022 Mar 7]. Available from:
- Quetiapine: Hepatocellular damage: case report. React Wkly [Internet]. 2013 [cited 2022 Mar 7];1467(1):33–33. Available from