Psorvate Oint 30gm
By ELDER PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
30g Ointment in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Psorvate Oint 30gm Description
Psorvate Ointment contains a combination of clobetasol and gentamicin as the active ingredient. It is used for treating a wide variety of bacterial skin infections. Do not use this medicine to treat
any other skin conditions other than that prescribed by your doctor. It is meant only for external application and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor. Before and after applying this cream, wash hands properly. You should also follow good hygiene practices such as keeping your hands clean, protecting skin, keeping the environment around you clean and avoiding contact with individuals who have infections.
|Contains||Clobetasol(0.05 %) + Gentamicin(0.1 %)|
|Uses||Bacterial skin infections|
|Side effects||Burning sensation, rash, dryness of the skin|
|Therapy||TOPICAL ANTIBIOTIC AND STEROID|
Check more medicines with composition as Clobetasol(0.05 %) + Gentamicin(0.1 %)
Uses of Psorvate Oint 30gm
Psorvate Ointment is used to treat various types of bacterial skin infections. It helps in reducing symptoms such as pain, itching, redness and oozing associated with skin infections.
Contraindications of Psorvate Oint 30gm
- If you are allergic to Clobetasol, Gentamicin or any other ingredients of Psorvate Ointment.
- If you have acne or an infection on your face, around your mouth or private parts.
- If you have chickenpox, shingles, warts or any other wounds and skin infections.
- If you have an untreated skin infection or skin thinning problem.
- This medicine should not be used in children below 1 year of age and for a nappy rash.
Side effects of Psorvate Oint 30gm
- Burning sensation, itching, irritation, rash, dryness, redness of skin at the area Psorvate Ointment is applied.
- Thinning of the skin.
Precautions and Warnings of Psorvate Oint 30gm
Can I apply Psorvate Ointment during pregnancy?
Psorvate Ointment should be used only under medical supervision as there is limited safety information available. In case you are prescribed this medicine, avoid using on larger skin areas for a prolonged duration.
Can I apply Psorvate Ointment while breastfeeding?
There is limited information available on the use of Psorvate Ointment in breastfeeding mothers. However, caution should be exercised while using this medicine and you should avoid using it on the breast or areas near the breast or any large area of the body for a prolonged duration.
Can I drive if I have applied Psorvate Ointment?
Psorvate Ointment is a topical preparation and may not affect the driving ability or your ability to handle machinery.
Can I consume alcohol if I have applied Psorvate Ointment?
There is limited information about the effects of Psorvate Ointment with alcohol, but you should avoid taking alcohol in excessive amount.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have or had an allergic reaction to any steroids.
- You are suffering from a skin condition called psoriasis.
- You develop infection or superinfection after using Psorvate Ointment.
- You are applying this medicine on a cut or broken skin or on a larger skin area.
- You should avoid getting any cream into your eyes, nose, mouth, open wounds, armpits, private parts. In case of such an exposure, you should wash the affected part thoroughly with water.
- You develop diarrhoea or stomach cramps.
- You experience an allergic reaction after using Psorvate Ointment.
- You are also applying other topical medicines (cream, ointment, lotion, etc).
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition after applying this medicine for two weeks.
- Psorvate Ointment must not be used for a longer duration without proper medical guidance.
Mode of Action of Psorvate Oint 30gm
How Does It Work?
- Psorvate Ointment works by the combined effect of both its components - Clobetasol and Gentamicin.
- Clobetasol is a steroid, which works by blocking the production of certain chemical substances in the body (prostaglandins) which cause itching, swelling and redness.
- Gentamicin is an antibiotic and it works by inhibiting the growth and multiplication of bacteria causing infection.
Directions for Use of Psorvate Oint 30gm
- Psorvate Ointment is meant for external use only.
- Use it as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Clean and dry the infected area well.
- Apply it on the affected skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Avoid touching the tip of the container directly to the infected area of the skin.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Psorvate Oint 30gm
Interactions with other medicines
- Psorvate Ointment is applied externally on the skin, thus it is less likely to interact with other medicines which are taken orally. However, it may interact with other topically applied creams, lotion and gel. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical gel or cream....
- Psorvate Ointment should be used with caution along with ritonavir (used in HIV infection) and itraconazole (used to treat fungal infections), as it may increase the risk of having side effects.
Storage and disposal of Psorvate Oint 30gm
- Store Psorvate Ointment in the original container in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
Dosage of Psorvate Oint 30gm
As Psorvate Ointment is meant for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, excessive use of this medicine for a longer period may lead to steroid toxicity. Upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have overapplied it, wipe out the excess medicine with tissue or cotton....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed applying Psorvate Ointment, apply it as soon as possible. Do not overapply this medicine just to compensate for the missed application.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Psorvate Ointment?
A: Psorvate Ointment is used to treat various types of bacterial skin infections. It helps in reducing symptoms such as pain, itching, redness and oozing associated with skin infections.
Q: How to use the Psorvate Ointment?
- Apply a thin film of the cream on the affected area. Do not apply it on cuts and wounds. If you apply an excess of the cream make sure you wipe off the excess. Wash your hands thoroughly before and after usage of the cream. Use the Psorvate Ointment for the exact duration as recommended by the doctor...
Q: Can I stop using Psorvate Ointment if I feel my symptoms are getting better?
A: No, you should continue using Psorvate Ointment as long as it is advised by your treating physician, even if you feel better. Your symptoms may reduce soon but it takes time for the infection to be completely cured.
Q: Does Psorvate Ointment contain a steriod?
A: Yes, Psorvate Ointment contains Clobetasol and Gentamicin. Clobetasol is a steroid and Gentamicin is an antibiotic.
Q: Can I use the Psorvate Ointment every day?
A: You should use this cream only for the prescribed duration and should not use it for more than 7 days. Do not use this medicine unnecessarily when not required.
- Dermovate Cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]
- DailyMed - GENTAMICIN SULFATE CREAM 0.1% cream [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]
- Dermovate Cream - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed