Protera D Capsule
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Protera D Capsule Description
Protera D Capsule is an anti-reflux medicine. It is used to treat GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease). GERD is a condition where acid from the stomach flows back to the food pipe. This backflow of
acid irritates the lining of the food pipe and leads to chest pain and heartburn. It contains a combination of two medicines - pantoprazole and domperidone. This combination is used in patients in which pantoprazole alone is not able to control acid reflux. Protera D Capsule should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. It should be taken before meals.
|You Save||₹13.65 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Pantoprazole(40.0 Mg) + Domperidone(30.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Acidity, heartburn, GERD|
|Side effects||Diarrhea, dry mouth, headache, weakness, rashes, nausea|
|Therapy||ANTACID AND ANTI-EMETIC|
Check more medicines with composition as Pantoprazole(40.0 Mg) + Domperidone(30.0 Mg)
2 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Protera D Capsule
- Tupan D Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Bio John Health Care Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 110.00₹ 93.50₹ 9.35/Capsule
- Panbrite Plus Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy New Horizons Healthcare Private Limited10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 88.00₹ 74.80₹ 7.48/Capsule
Uses of Protera D Capsule
Protera D Capsule is used to treat GERD (Gastrointestinal reflux disease), which is non-responsive to pantoprazole alone. It helps in relieving symptoms such as heartburn, chest discomfort or acidity.
Contraindications of Protera D Capsule
- If you are allergic to Pantoprazole or Domperidone or other ingredients present along with it.
- If you are taking an anti-HIV medicine called Rilpivirine.
- If you have or ever had bleeding or obstruction in the stomach or intestine.
- If you have any liver or kidney-related problems.
- If you were diagnosed with pituitary gland tumors
- If you have any heart conditions such as heart failure,irregular heart rhythm, electrolyte or salt imbalance.
Side effects of Protera D Capsule
- Dry mouth
- Flatulence (Passing gas)
Precautions and Warnings of Protera D Capsule
Can I take Protera D Capsule during pregnancy?
- There is no safety information available on the use of Protera D Capsule in pregnant women. Hence, it should be avoided unless it is prescribed by the doctor to reduce the chances of any potential harm to the unborn baby....
Can I take Protera D Capsule while breastfeeding?
- Components of Protera D Capsule pass into the breastmilk in a small amount. Hence, it should be avoided while breastfeeding. Your doctor may prescribe you this medicine while you are breastfeeding if it is necessary for your health. In that case, avoid breastfeeding....
Can I drive if I have consumed Protera D Capsule?
Protera D Capsules have no or negligible influence on your ability to drive and use machines. However, if you experience headache, dizziness, drowsiness and visual disturbances, it is advisable not to drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Protera D Capsule?
There are no known interactions reported between this medicine and alcohol. However, alcohol is known to increase acidity and can make your acidity worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop watery diarrhoea or fever after taking this medicine.
- You experience black tarry stools and abdominal pain after taking this medicine.
- You have a stomach tumour or cancer.
- You have kidney or liver-related disorders, including kidney failure.
- You have or had a fracture recently or have brittle or weak bones (Osteoporosis).
- You are on steroids or HIV medicines or any anti-infective medicine.
- On exposure to the sun, you get a rash on your skin, stop your treatment and inform your doctor as soon as you can.
- If you are on this medicine for a long time. Your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same.
- Taking this medicine for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
- You have existing heart conditions such as heart failure, heart rhythm disorders and electrolyte or salt imbalance.
- You may be asked by your doctor to perform certain tests regularly if you are taking this medicine for long-term treatment.
Mode of Action of Protera D Capsule
How Does It Work?
- Protera D Capsule works by the combined action of its two ingredients, pantoprazole and domperidone.
- Pantoprazole reduces the intake of certain ions in the stomach wall that are necessary for the production of digestive acids in the stomach, and hence leads to reduced acid production.
- Domperidone is an antiemetic agent. It works by increasing the movement in the stomach and intestines so that acid does not flow back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Protera D Capsule
Protera D Capsule should be taken as a whole with a sufficient amount of water.Take Protera D Capsule tablets, preferably in the morning before your first meal.
Interactions of Protera D Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Protera D works or Protera D itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines like antibiotics, antimalarials, blood thinners, and to treat heart conditions like heart failure, high cholesterol, antimalarials, or medicines for brain-related disorders....
Interactions with food items
You may be asked to avoid spicy foods, smoking, reduce caffeine intake (coffee, tea, chocolate and cola) and alcohol as they may stimulate stomach acid and hinder the treatment process.
Storage and disposal of Protera D Capsule
- Store Protera D Capsule in a cool and dry place away from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly.
Dosage of Protera D Capsule
Symptoms of an overdose of Protera D Capsule include abnormal muscle movements, fits, aggressive behaviour, drowsiness, slurred speech and feeling anxious. If you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Abhishek B L
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What does GERD mean?
A: GERD is a condition of acid reflux, also known as gastrointestinal reflux disease. It is a condition in which acid from the stomach flows back to the food pipe, a tube connecting your mouth to the stomach. This acid backflow irritates the lining of the food pipe and causes chest discomfort, pain, burping and damage to liing of the food pipe.
Q: Can I give Protera D Capsule to my child?
A: No, Protera D Capsule is not recommended for individuals below 12 years of age.
Q: Protera D Capsule vs Pan 40, how do they differ?
- Protera D Capsule is a combination of medicine. It contains two ingredients, Pantoprazole and Domperidone. It is used to treat gastrointestinal reflux diseases, not responding to Pantoprazole alone or other acidity medicines. ...
- Pan 40 contains only Pantoprazole and is used for acidity, GERD and Zollinger-Ellison syndrome (a tumour of the pancreas inducing excess secretion of stomach acid). These two differ in their ingredients and the conditions they are used for. Your doctor may prescribe you the medicine suitable for you after accessing your medical history....
Q: Can I take Protera D Capsules for gas?
A: No, Protera D Capsule is not effective in reducing gas, bloating and flatulence.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed