Prosivate Oint 30gm
Prosivate 0.05 % Description
Prosivate Ointment is a steroidal medicine usually applied to the skin for various skin conditions. It is used to reduce various skin conditions such as red bumpy scaly patches (Psoriasis), severe it
ching associated with heat or sweating, purple-coloured patches with itching and swelling (Lichen planus). It contains clobestol as its main component. Prosivate Ointment should not be used for any other skin condition. It is meant only for external application and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor. It should not be overused or over applied. You may experience some application site reactions as side effects, but they normally fade away with time. Please report to your doctor if you notice the side effects persists or worsen.
|Uses||Skin conditions such as Psoriasis|
|Side effects||Itching at the site of application, burning sensation, dry Skin, pigmentation issues|
- Clonate 0.05% Oint 30gmBy Hegde And Hegde Pharmaceuticals Llp30g Ointment in TubeMRP 235.00₹ 199.75₹ 6.66/Gram
- Clonate 0.05% Oint 20gmBy Hegde And Hegde Pharmaceuticals Llp20g Ointment in TubeMRP 180.00₹ 156.60₹ 7.83/Gram
- Tenovate 0.05% Oint 15gmBy Glaxosmithkline Pharma15g Ointment in TubeMRP 99.40₹ 84.49₹ 5.63/Gram
- Niosol Ointment 30gmBy Klm Laboratories Pvt Ltd30g Ointment in TubeMRP 165.00₹ 140.25₹ 4.68/Gram
Uses of Prosivate 0.05 %
Contraindications of Prosivate 0.05 %
- If you are allergic to clobetasol or any of the ingredients of Prosivate Ointment.
- If you have acne.
- If you have itchy skin (Pruritis) without inflammation.
- If you have itching in the genital or anal area.
- If you have rashes and redness around the mouth.
Side effects of Prosivate 0.05 %
- Itching at the site of the application
- Burning sensation at the site of application
- Dry Skin
- Pigmentation issues
- Increased acne
Precautions and Warnings of Prosivate 0.05 %
Other General Warnings
- You develop an infection or allergy while using this Ointment, inform your doctor.
- Please make sure to clean the skin before applying this medicine and do not apply near the eyes or eyelids.
- You should not use this cream for more than 5 days, specifically on the face. If there is no improvement in the infection consult your doctor.
- Prolonged use of this cream is associated with a disease called Cushing syndrome characterised by fatty hump between shoulders, round swollen face and purple-coloured stretch marks.
Mode of Action of Prosivate 0.05 %
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Prosivate 0.05 %
- Use Prosivate Ointment as directed by your doctor.
- It is meant for external use only.
- Apply a thin layer of Ointment on your skin.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- Avoid contact with eyes and do not ingest the medication.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Prosivate 0.05 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Prosivate Ointment should be applied to the skin locally to the affected area. Hence, it is unlikely to interact with any other medications. However, it is important to avoid using any other skincare product over this cream. It might interfere with the effect of this cream....
- It is also important to inform your doctor about all the medicines that are being used and any underlying medical conditions.
Storage and disposal of Prosivate 0.05 %
- Prosivate Ointment should be stored at room temperature, away from sunlight and moist areas.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Prosivate 0.05 %
Missed a Dose
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Prosivate Ointment useful for alopecia?
Q: Can Prosivate Ointment be used as an antifungal?
- Dermovate Cream - Product Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 22 April 2022]
- Clobetasol Topical: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2022 [cited 22 April 2022]
- Drugs H. Clobetasol Topical: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 22 April 2022]
- Dermovate Cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 22 April 2022]