Primarid 15mg Tablets
By THEMIS MEDICARE LTD
7 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Primarid 15 MG Description
Primarid Tablet is an antimalarial medicine containing Primaquine as its active ingredient. It is used to treat and prevent malaria. Primarid works by killing the parasite that causes malaria, thus s
topping the infection from being spread. This medicine should be used under medical prescription and for the duration it is prescribed. Primarid Tablets should be taken after food. Tell your doctor, if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting treatment with Primarid Tablet.
2 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Primarid 15mg Tablets
- Pmq Inga 15mg Tablets 14'sBy Inga Laboratories Pvt Ltd14 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 71.81₹ 63.193.22% CHEAPER₹ 4.51/Tablet
- Malirid Ds 15mg TabletBy Ipca Laboratories7 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 35.90₹ 30.516.44% CHEAPER₹ 4.36/Tablet
Uses of Primarid 15 MG
Primarid Tablet is used in treating & preventing the relapse of malaria.
Contraindications of Primarid 15 MG
- If you are allergic to primaquine or any other ingredients of Primarid Tablet.
- If you are taking the medicine quinacrine, which can be used in malaria & also as an antibiotic.
- If you have severe glucose-6 phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency.
- If you are taking medicines like dapsone, levodopa.
- If you have rheumatoid arthritis or lupus.
- If you are pregnant.
Side effects of Primarid 15 MG
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash
- Irregular heartbeats
- Abnormal heart rhythm
- Blood disorder
Precautions and Warnings of Primarid 15 MG
Can I take Primarid Tablet during pregnancy?
- Primarid Tablet should be avoided during pregnancy as it may cause harmful effects in an unborn baby.
- You should avoid pregnancy during treatment of this medicine.
- You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a child while taking this medicine.
Can I take Primarid Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if Primaquine passes into human milk, hence you should not breastfeed while taking Primarid Tablet.
Can I drive if I have consumed Primarid Tablet?
Primarid Tablet may make you dizzy or may impair your concentration, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Primarid Tablet?
There is limited information about the effects of Primarid Tablet on alcohol, but you should avoid taking alcohol in excessive amounts.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have anemia or a family history of anemia.
- You have a blood enzyme deficiency (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency) or NADH methemoglobin reductase.
- You are pregnant or are planning a pregnancy.
- You have blood-related diseases.
- You have heart problems.
- It may cause a condition that affects your heart rhythm.
Mode of Action of Primarid 15 MG
How Does It Work?
- Malarial parasites enter the body and lives in the blood and body tissues.
- Primarid Tablet is used after other medicine is used to kill the malarial parasites living in the blood.
- Primaquine then kills the parasites that are present in the other body tissues, thus preventing relapse of this infection.
Directions for Use of Primarid 15 MG
Primarid Tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It should be taken after your meal to avoid stomach discomfort. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Primarid 15 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Primarid Tablets may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Be cautious if you are taking medicines known to cause fast heart rate and to treat irregular heartbeats like quinidine, sotalol, amitriptyline, imipramine, clozapine.
Storage and disposal of Primarid 15 MG
- Store Primarid Tablets below 30°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Primarid 15 MG
- Symptoms of overdose are nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, jaundice, burning discomfort below the ribs, blue, grey colour of the skin, blood disorders, abnormal heart rate, anemia.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or if you think you have taken too much of Primarid Tablets, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- You should never miss your dose of Primarid Tablets, it may lead to treatment failure.
- If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How can I avoid malaria?
- You must wear long-sleeved clothing and long trousers if you are outside after sunset to protect you from mosquito bites.
- You must use an insect repellent cream.
- You must use a mosquito net around the bed while sleeping to avoid being bitten by mosquitoes.
Q: Can Primarid Tablets be taken on an empty stomach?
A: No, your doctor will recommend you take Primarid Tablet after having food, so as to avoid any stomach discomfort.
Q: Is it safe to take Primarid Tablets if I am pregnant?
A: You should avoid taking Primarid Tablets as it may cause harm to the unborn baby. It is essential to always consult your doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed