Primal 7.5mg Tablets
By ACRON PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Primal 7.5 MG Description
Primal Tablet is an antimalarial medicine containing Primaquine as its active ingredient. It is used to treat and prevent malaria. Primal works by killing the parasite that causes malaria, thus stopp
ing the infection from being spread. This medicine should be used under medical prescription and for the duration it is prescribed. Primal Tablets should be taken after food. Tell your doctor, if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting treatment with Primal Tablet.
2 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Primal 7.5mg Tablets
- Pmq Inga 7.5mg TabletBy Inga Laboratories Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 23.74₹ 21.1311.34% CHEAPER₹ 2.11/Tablet
- Malirid 7.5mg Strip Of 7 TabletsBy Ipca Laboratories7 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 16.62₹ 16.620.42% CHEAPER₹ 2.37/Tablet
Uses of Primal 7.5 MG
Primal Tablet is used in treating & preventing the relapse of malaria.
Contraindications of Primal 7.5 MG
- If you are allergic to primaquine or any other ingredients of Primal Tablet.
- If you are taking the medicine quinacrine, which can be used in malaria & also as an antibiotic.
- If you have severe glucose-6 phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency.
- If you are taking medicines like dapsone, levodopa.
- If you have rheumatoid arthritis or lupus.
- If you are pregnant.
Side effects of Primal 7.5 MG
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash
- Irregular heartbeats
- Abnormal heart rhythm
- Blood disorder
Precautions and Warnings of Primal 7.5 MG
Can I take Primal Tablet during pregnancy?
- Primal Tablet should be avoided during pregnancy as it may cause harmful effects in an unborn baby.
- You should avoid pregnancy during treatment of this medicine.
- You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a child while taking this medicine.
Can I take Primal Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if Primaquine passes into human milk, hence you should not breastfeed while taking Primal Tablet.
Can I drive if I have consumed Primal Tablet?
Primal Tablet may make you dizzy or may impair your concentration, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Primal Tablet?
There is limited information about the effects of Primal Tablet on alcohol, but you should avoid taking alcohol in excessive amounts.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have anemia or a family history of anemia.
- You have a blood enzyme deficiency (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency) or NADH methemoglobin reductase.
- You are pregnant or are planning a pregnancy.
- You have blood-related diseases.
- You have heart problems.
- It may cause a condition that affects your heart rhythm.
Mode of Action of Primal 7.5 MG
How Does It Work?
- Malarial parasites enter the body and lives in the blood and body tissues.
- Primal Tablet is used after other medicine is used to kill the malarial parasites living in the blood.
- Primaquine then kills the parasites that are present in the other body tissues, thus preventing relapse of this infection.
Directions for Use of Primal 7.5 MG
Primal Tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It should be taken after your meal to avoid stomach discomfort. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Primal 7.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Primal Tablets may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Be cautious if you are taking medicines known to cause fast heart rate and to treat irregular heartbeats like quinidine, sotalol, amitriptyline, imipramine, clozapine.
Storage and disposal of Primal 7.5 MG
- Store Primal Tablets below 30°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Primal 7.5 MG
- Symptoms of overdose are nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, jaundice, burning discomfort below the ribs, blue, grey colour of the skin, blood disorders, abnormal heart rate, anemia.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or if you think you have taken too much of Primal Tablets, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- You should never miss your dose of Primal Tablets, it may lead to treatment failure.
- If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How can I avoid malaria?
- You must wear long-sleeved clothing and long trousers if you are outside after sunset to protect you from mosquito bites.
- You must use an insect repellent cream.
- You must use a mosquito net around the bed while sleeping to avoid being bitten by mosquitoes.
Q: Can Primal Tablets be taken on an empty stomach?
A: No, your doctor will recommend you take Primal Tablet after having food, so as to avoid any stomach discomfort.
Q: Is it safe to take Primal Tablets if I am pregnant?
A: You should avoid taking Primal Tablets as it may cause harm to the unborn baby. It is essential to always consult your doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed