Pregalin Plus 150mg Capsules
Pregalin Plus 150mg Capsules Description
Pregalin Plus Capsule is used to manage or treat painful diabetic neuropathy in diabetic patients. Diabetic neuropathy is a condition caused due to the complication of uncontrolled diabetes (high blo
od sugar levels) resulting in nerve damage. You may experience symptoms such as sharp pains, tingling or painful sensations like needles and pins, numbness in legs, etc. Pregalin Plus contains folic acid, methylcobalamin, pyridoxine, pregabalin and alpha-lipoic acid as the active ingredients. This medicine acts by improving nerve functioning and preventing nerve damage. Pregalin Plus Capsule must be taken in a dose and duration recommended by the doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine without consulting your doctor. You can take this medicine with or without food. Inform your doctor about all the medical conditions and the medication for the same. This medicine should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
|Contains||Vitamin B6 / Pyridoxine(1.5 Mg) + Vitamin B12 / Mecobalamin / Cynocobalamin / Methylcobalamin(750.0 Mcg) + Vitamin B9 / Folic Acid / Folate(0.75 Mg) + Pregabalin(150.0 Mg) + Alpha Lipoic Acid(100.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Dizziness, headache, sleepiness, increased appetite|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY|
Uses of Pregalin Plus 150mg Capsules
Contraindications of Pregalin Plus 150mg Capsules
Side effects of Pregalin Plus 150mg Capsules
- Blurred vision
- Increase appetite
- Stomach discomfort
Precautions and Warnings of Pregalin Plus 150mg Capsules
Other General Warnings
- You are allergic to this Capsule.
- You have diabetes, heart failure, kidney disease, spinal cord injury.
- You experience dizziness, sleepiness, loss of consciousness, confusion, etc.
- You experience vision-related problems such as loss of vision, blurred vision, etc.
- You experience any withdrawal effects such as fits, depression, sleeplessness, headache, nausea, anxiety, diarrhoea, etc.
- You have or experience any psychological behaviour, dependence, constipation, etc.
- You have Leber's disease (an eye condition that leads to blindness).
- Pregalin Plus Capsule should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Pregalin Plus 150mg Capsules
How Does It Work?
- Pregabalin works by reducing the release of a chemical (neurotransmitter) in the brain responsible for the sensation of pain.
- Methylcobalamin (vitamin B12) helps in the formation of nerve cells and regeneration of damaged nerves.
- Vitamin B9, also known as folic acid, is one of the important vitamins which play a significant role in DNA and the synthesis of amino acids. It is crucial for cell division and the development of blood cells....
- Vitamin B6 or pyridoxine is a crucial component for various reactions and acts as a coenzyme in the body. Adequate supply is a must for proper nerve function and bone formation & regeneration.
- Alpha-lipoic acid is an antioxidant, acts by delaying or reversing and protecting nerve cell damage.
Directions for Use of Pregalin Plus 150mg Capsules
- Take this medicine as a whole with sufficient water.
- Always take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
Interactions of Pregalin Plus 150mg Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Pregalin Plus Capsule works or Pregalin Plus itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are on medicines used to treat brain-related disease or any movement-related diseases such as levodopa, lorazepam, etc.
Storage and disposal of Pregalin Plus 150mg Capsules
- Store in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Pregalin Plus 150mg Capsules
Missed a Dose
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Pregalin Plus Capsule?
Q: Is Pregalin Plus a pain killer?
Q: Can I stop taking Pregalin Plus Capsule if I start feeling better?
- PREGEB FORTE 75 Capsule [Internet]. Torrentian.com. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]
- Office of Dietary Supplements - Vitamin B12 [Internet]. Ods.od.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]
- Office of Dietary Supplements - Folate [Internet]. Ods.od.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]
- Office of Dietary Supplements - Vitamin B6 [Internet]. Ods.od.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]
- Alpha-Lipoic Acid and Diabetic Neuropathy - NCBI [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]