Podox Cv Dry Syp 50ml
By ORDAIN HEALTH CARE GLOBAL PRIVATE LIMITED
50ml Dry Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Podox Cv Dry Syrup is used to treat bacterial infection of the throat/neck, lungs, ear, urinary tract and skin. It is a combination medicine containing cefpodoxime and clavulanic acid, which belongs to the antibiotic class of medicine. It works by inhibiting the formation of the cell wall and killing the various susceptible bacterial organisms. Podox Cv Dry Syrup is designed to be used only by children. It should be used for children below 12-years of age and infants above 3-months of age. Give this medicine as prescribed and for the prescribed duration to your child. The common side effects of Podox Cv Dry Syrup are diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting and gas. Please report to your doctor if you feel the side effects persist or the condition of your child worsens....
|You Save||₹25.85 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, stomach pain|
Check more medicines with composition as Cefpodoxime + Clavulanic Acid
Uses of Podox Cv Dry Syp 50ml
Podox Cv Dry Syrup is used for the treatment of bacterial infection of the throat, ear, tonsils, airways, lungs, urinary tract and skin.
Contraindications of Podox Cv Dry Syp 50ml
- If your child is allergic to cefpodoxime, clavulanic acid or any other components of Podox Cv Dry Syrup.
Side effects of Podox Cv Dry Syp 50ml
- Decreased appetite
- A dry mouth
- Stomach pain
- Fungal infection
- Skin rash, redness
Precautions and Warnings of Podox Cv Dry Syp 50ml
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your child develops an allergic reaction after taking Podox Cv Dry Syrup.
- Your child had diarrhoea after the use of Podox Cv Dry Syrup earlier.
- Podox Cv Dry Syrup should not be used for infants below 3-months of age.
Mode of Action of Podox Cv Dry Syp 50ml
How Does It Work?
Podox Cv Dry Syrup works by the combined action of both its components: cefpodoxime and clavulanic acid Cefpodoxime is an antibiotic that inhibits the formation of the bacterial cell wall resulting in bacterial death. Clavulanic acid inhibits a chemical substance, β-lactamase produced by bacterial cells, which breaks down Cefpodoxime and thereby allows cefpodoxime to attack and kill the bacteria. It reduces resistance and enhances the activity of cefpodoxime against bacteria....
Directions for Use of Podox Cv Dry Syp 50ml
Take Podox Cv Dry Syrup as directed by your doctor. For reconstitution, add boiled and cooled water, slightly below the mark on the bottle or as suggested by the doctor. Shake it well and make the volume up to the given mark on the bottle. Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity. Reconstituted solutions should be used within the duration mentioned in the bottle....
Interactions of Podox Cv Dry Syp 50ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Podox Cv Dry Syrup works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Concomitant use of acid-lowering medicines such as Ranitidine, Cimetidine with Podox Cv Dry Syrup can decrease the effect of this medicine.
- Concomitant use of Probenecid with Podox Cv Dry Syrup increases the effect of this medicine.
- When medicines known to cause harm to the kidney such as amphotericin-B, vancomycin, amikacin are administered along with Podox Cv Dry Syrup may increase the risk of kidney disease.
Storage and disposal of Podox Cv Dry Syp 50ml
- Store Podox Cv Dry Syrup at temperature not exceeding 25°C. Protect it from light and moisture.
- Store the reconstituted suspension in the refrigerator.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Podox Cv Dry Syp 50ml
- Symptoms of an overdose of Podox Cv Dry Syrup include nausea, vomiting, gas, stomach pain and diarrhoea.
- If you have given too much of this medicine to your child, then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed giving any dose of Podox Cv Dry Syrup, then give it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long can I store Podox Cv Dry Syrup?
A: The reconstituted suspension of Podox Cv Dry Syrup should be stored in the refrigerator. Content should be used within 7 days. Later, discard the remaining portion of medicine.
Q: What should I do if my child vomits after giving Podox Cv Dry Syrup?
A: If your child vomits within 30 minutes of administering Podox Cv Dry Syrup, you need to give the same dose again.
Q: Is diarrhoea a common side effect of Podox Cv Dry Syrup?
A: Yes, diarrhoea is a common side effect of Podox Cv Dry Syrup. However, if your child has diarrhoea with blood and mucous along with stomach pain and fever, contact your doctor immediately. It can be a sign of inflammation of the large intestine.
Expires on or After