Podox Cv Dry Syrup 50ml
Podox Cv Dry Syrup 50ml Description
Podox Cv Dry Syrup is used to treat bacterial infection of the throat/neck, lungs, ear, urinary tract and skin. It is a combination medicine containing cefpodoxime and clavulanic acid, which belongs
to the antibiotic class of medicine. It works by inhibiting the formation of the cell wall and killing the various susceptible bacterial organisms. Podox Cv Dry Syrup is designed to be used only by children. It should be used for children below 12-years of age and infants above 3-months of age. Give this medicine as prescribed and for the prescribed duration to your child. The common side effects of Podox Cv Dry Syrup are diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting and gas. Please report to your doctor if you feel the side effects persist or the condition of your child worsens.
Uses of Podox Cv Dry Syrup 50ml
Contraindications of Podox Cv Dry Syrup 50ml
- If your child is allergic to cefpodoxime, clavulanic acid or any other components of Podox Cv Dry Syrup.
Side effects of Podox Cv Dry Syrup 50ml
- Decreased appetite
- A dry mouth
- Stomach pain
- Fungal infection
- Skin rash, redness
Precautions and Warnings of Podox Cv Dry Syrup 50ml
Other General Warnings
- Your child develops an allergic reaction after taking Podox Cv Dry Syrup.
- Your child had diarrhoea after the use of Podox Cv Dry Syrup earlier.
- Podox Cv Dry Syrup should not be used for infants below 3-months of age.
Mode of Action of Podox Cv Dry Syrup 50ml
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Podox Cv Dry Syrup 50ml
Interactions of Podox Cv Dry Syrup 50ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Podox Cv Dry Syrup works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Concomitant use of acid-lowering medicines such as Ranitidine, Cimetidine with Podox Cv Dry Syrup can decrease the effect of this medicine.
- Concomitant use of Probenecid with Podox Cv Dry Syrup increases the effect of this medicine.
- When medicines known to cause harm to the kidney such as amphotericin-B, vancomycin, amikacin are administered along with Podox Cv Dry Syrup may increase the risk of kidney disease.
Storage and disposal of Podox Cv Dry Syrup 50ml
- Store Podox Cv Dry Syrup at temperature not exceeding 25°C. Protect it from light and moisture.
- Store the reconstituted suspension in the refrigerator.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Podox Cv Dry Syrup 50ml
- Symptoms of an overdose of Podox Cv Dry Syrup include nausea, vomiting, gas, stomach pain and diarrhoea.
- If you have given too much of this medicine to your child, then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.