Piopod G1 Tablets
By TORQUE PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Piopod G1 Tablets Description
Piopod G Tablet is an anti-diabetic medication that is used to improve the control of blood sugar levels in adults with Type 2 diabetes. It is a combination of glimepiride and pioglitazone that work
to reduce blood sugar levels and control Type 2 diabetes. Piopod G Tablet is to be used only in adults older than 18 years. This medicine should be taken at the same time each day to get maximum benefits. Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as recommended by our doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
|You Save||₹13.80 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Glimepiride(1.0 Mg) + Pioglitazone(15.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Type 2 diabetes mellitus|
|Side effects||Increase in weight, swelling, dizziness, buildup of gas, loss of sensation on the skin|
Check more medicines with composition as Glimepiride(1.0 Mg) + Pioglitazone(15.0 Mg)
Uses of Piopod G1 Tablets
Piopod G Tablet is used for the treatment of Type 2 diabetes mellitus in adults aged 18 years and older.
Contraindications of Piopod G1 Tablets
- If you are allergic to glimepiride, pioglitazone, or any other ingredient of Piopod G Tablet.
- If you are allergic to other sulphonylureas or sulphonamides (glipizide, glyburide, sulfamethoxazole). If you are not sure what these medicines are, please confirm with your doctor.
- If you have or had heart failure, kidney disease, or liver disease.
- If you have or had bladder cancer or visible blood in the urine.
- If you have Type 1 diabetes mellitus where your pancreas produces little or no insulin.
- If you have very low blood sugar levels or a serious complication of diabetes called diabetic ketoacidosis.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Piopod G1 Tablets
- Increase in weight
- Buildup of gas
- Loss of sensation on the skin
Precautions and Warnings of Piopod G1 Tablets
Can I take Piopod G Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effect of Piopod G Tablet in pregnant women. The use of Piopod G Tablet is contraindicated in pregnancy.
Can I take Piopod G Tablet while breastfeeding?
Piopod G Tablet may pass into human breast milk. This tablet is contraindicated for use in women who are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Piopod G Tablet?
Piopod G Tablet may have a minor effect on driving ability. If you experience symptoms like vision disturbances which may affect your ability to drive properly, then it is suggested to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Piopod G Tablet?
You should avoid the consumption of alcohol with Piopod G Tablets as alcohol may cause fluctuations in the effect of Piopod G Tablet in the body.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have heart or liver problems.
- You are older than 75 years of age.
- You take medicines for treating inflammation.
- You have a type of diabetic eye disease called macular oedema which causes swelling of the back of the eye.
- You have cysts on your ovaries (polycystic ovary syndrome).
- You are already taking other medicines for the treatment of diabetes.
- You have problems with your enzyme called glucose-6-phosphodehydrogenase since it can decrease your red cells.
- You experience pain/burning while passing urine, sudden strong urges to pass urine, or notice blood in your urine.
- You experience difficulty breathing, an increase in weight, or swelling after using this medicine.
- You notice vision disturbances after using this medicine.
- You develop symptoms like tiredness, stomach ache, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting and dark coloured urine after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Piopod G1 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Piopod G Tablet contains pioglitazone and glimepiride as its active substances.
- Pioglitazone allows the body to make better use of the insulin that it produces by making the fat, muscle, and liver cells more sensitive to insulin.
- Glimepiride stimulates the pancreas to produce more insulin.
- As a result, the level of blood sugar is reduced which helps to control Type 2 diabetes.
Directions for Use of Piopod G1 Tablets
- Take this medicine as a whole with sufficient water.
- Always take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Piopod G1 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Piopod G Tablet works, or Piopod G Tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- The use of Piopod G Tablet with medicines used to treat abnormal/high cholesterol levels (gemfibrozil), pain/fever (phenylbutazone), diabetes (insulin, metformin), tuberculosis (para aminosalicylic acid), tissue rebuilding (testosterone, stanozolol), bacterial infection (chloramphenicol, clarithromycin), fungal infections (miconazole), blood clots (warfarin), abnormal heart rhythm (disopyramide), obesity (fenfluramine), inflammation of the pancreas (fenofibrate), high blood pressure (ramipril, propranolol), depression (fluoxetine), gout (allopurinol), cancer (cyclophosphamide), Parkinson's disease (selegiline, phenelzine), poor blood circulation (pentoxifylline), allergies (tritoqualine) may cause an increase in the effect of Piopod G Tablet in the body. ...
- The use of Piopod G Tablet with medicines used to treat hormone imbalance (oestrogen, progesterone), fluid accumulation (hydrochlorothiazide), thyroid disorders (carbimazole), immune system alteration (cortisone), nausea/vomiting (thiethylperazine), mental disorders (chlorpromazine), increased eye pressure (acetazolamide), fits/seizures (phenobarbitone, phenytoin), constipation (bisacodyl), low blood sugar level (diazoxide), low vitamin B3 levels (nicotinic acid) may decrease the effect of Piopod G Tablet in the body....
- Particular care should be taken if you are taking medicines for stomach/intestinal ulcers (ranitidine).
Storage and disposal of Piopod G1 Tablets
- Store in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Piopod G1 Tablets
Symptoms of overdose of Piopod G Tablet include low blood sugar levels, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, restlessness, sleepiness, and visual disturbances. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
You should never miss your blood sugar medicines as they may lead to high blood sugar and symptoms associated with it. However, if you missed any dose of the medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Type 2 diabetes mellitus?
A: Type 2 diabetes mellitus is a condition that can be hereditary or can develop as a result of your lifestyle. In this condition, the pancreas does not produce enough of a substance called insulin or your body is unable to use its own insulin effectively. Insulin works to lower the levels of blood sugar in the body. This inability of the body causes high blood sugar levels, which can lead to medical problems like heart diseases, kidney diseases, blindness, and decreased blood flow in your hands and legs.
Q: Can I stop taking Piopod G Tablet when my blood sugar range goes back to normal?
A: Your doctor will recommend whether you can stop taking Piopod G Tablet when your blood sugar level goes back to normal. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed