Phexin 125mg Pineapple Flavour Redisyp Suspension 60ml
Phexin 125 MG/5ML Description
Phexin Suspension is an antibiotic and is used for the treatment of different types of bacterial infections of the ear, nose, sinuses (such as sinusitis), throat (tonsillitis), chest and lungs (such
as bronchitis, pneumonia), urinary system (such as bladder and kidney infections). It contains cephalexin (or cefalexin) as its active ingredient. Phexin Suspension should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. You must complete the entire course of this medicine. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Phexin Suspension.
|You Save||₹8.92 (8% on MRP)|
|Contains||Cephalexin / Cefalexin(125.0 Mg/5ml)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, indigestion|
Uses of Phexin 125 MG/5ML
Contraindications of Phexin 125 MG/5ML
- If you are allergic to cephalexin or any other ingredients of Phexin Suspension.
- If you are allergic to a similar class of antibiotics called cephalosporins.
- If you are suffering from a hereditary condition called porphyria.
Side effects of Phexin 125 MG/5ML
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash, itching
Precautions and Warnings of Phexin 125 MG/5ML
Other General Warnings
- You develop an allergic reaction after taking Phexin Suspension, immediately contact your doctor.
- You have problems with your heart, liver or kidneys.
- You develop bloody diarrhoea or mucous in diarrhoea after taking this medicine.
- Phexin Suspension should be taken only on your doctor’s prescription and complete the course of the medicine. Discontinuing the medicine in between treatment may lead to the bacteria becoming resistant to this medicine....
Mode of Action of Phexin 125 MG/5ML
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Phexin 125 MG/5ML
- Take Phexin Suspension as instructed by your doctor.
- Read the instructions on the bottle before usage.
- Shake it well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
Interactions of Phexin 125 MG/5ML
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Phexin Suspension works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines used to treat cancer, gout (Probenecid), water tablets (ethacrynic acid, furosemide), diabetes (metformin), or other antibiotics.
- Phexin Suspension should not be concomitantly used with medicine like clindamycin, doxycycline to treat your bacterial infection.
- Medicines used to thin your blood like warfarin should be used with caution along with Phexin Suspension as it may increase bleeding.
- You should let the doctor or the laboratory person know that you are using this medicine while going for a lab test, as this medicine may interfere with the lab tests.
Storage and disposal of Phexin 125 MG/5ML
- Phexin Suspension should be stored at room temperature protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep it out of reach and sight of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
Dosage of Phexin 125 MG/5ML
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)