Phena Kid Syrup 60ml
Phena 5 MG Description
Phena Syrup is used for the treatment of allergic symptoms such as a runny nose, itching and rash. It is also used for the treatment of nausea and vomiting caused due to motion sickness. Phena Syrup
contains promethazine as its active ingredient that works by opposing the action of histamine (natural substances produced in the body during allergic conditions). Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history including all the medicines you are currently taking.
- Phenergan Syrup 100mlBy Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd100ml Syrup in BottleMRP 45.88₹ 39.00₹
Uses of Phena 5 MG
- Phena Syrup is used for the treatment of allergic symptoms such as a runny nose, itching and rash.
- It is also used for the treatment of nausea and vomiting caused due to motion sickness.
Contraindications of Phena 5 MG
- If you are allergic to promethazine or any other ingredients of Phena Syrup. If you have a rash, difficulty in breathing, a problem in swallowing, swelling of lips, tongue, throat and face after taking this medicine....
- If you have taken any brain-related medicines with this medicine or have taken it within 14 days before taking this medicine.
- If you have severe dizziness, sleepiness, headache or unconsciousness.
- If you are using this medicine for the treatment of a child of age less than 5 years.
Side effects of Phena 5 MG
- Dry mouth
- Feeling restless
Precautions and Warnings of Phena 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have pre-existing medical conditions like breathing problems, liver, heart or kidney diseases, fits, etc.
- You have an obstruction in the stomach or difficulty in urination.
- You have difficulty hearing.
- Your eye pressure is increased.
- You have loose motion or sleepiness after having a viral illness.
- You have indigestion after taking some sugars.
Mode of Action of Phena 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Phena 5 MG
- Take Phena Syrup as directed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use.
- Read the instructions on the bottle before usage.
Interactions of Phena 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Phena Syrup or this medicine itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, which includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatments if you are taking for any disorders. In particular, if you are taking medicines for respiratory problems like asthma (such as theophylline) and bowel diseases along with Phena Syrup, it can cause dizziness, blurring of vision and a dry mouth. ...
- Concomitant use of other medicines such as diazepam, zolpidem (used in brain diseases) with this medicine can increase sleepiness.
- Concomitant use of aspirin (painkiller) with this medicine can hide the side effects of Phena Syrup.
Storage and disposal of Phena 5 MG
- Store Phena Syrup at a temperature not above 30°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Phena 5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Phena Syrup for a prolonged period?
Q: Does Phena Syrup cause constipation?
Q: When should I take Phena for motion sickness?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 18 May 2022]
- Phenergan 25 mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 18 May 2022]
- Phenergan 25 mg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 18 May 2022]
- Tripathi K. Essentials of medical pharmacology. 7th ed. Autacoids and Related Drugs: 159-210.