Perfalgan 1gm Injection 100ml
By BRISTOL-MYERS SQUIBB PVT LTD
100ml Infusion in Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Perfalgan 1 G Description
Perfalgan 1gm Inj 100ml contains paracetamol, also known as acetaminophen. It belongs to a group of medicines called Analgesics (painkillers) or Antipyretic (medicines used to reduce fever).
|Contains||Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(1.0 G)|
Check more medicines with composition as Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(1.0 G)
Uses of Perfalgan 1 G
- Periods pain
- Joint pain
- Flu-like symptoms
Contraindications of Perfalgan 1 G
- If you are allergic to paracetamol or any of the ingredients of this medicine
- If you are taking any other product that contains paracetamol
Side effects of Perfalgan 1 G
- Skin rash
- Difficulty in breathing
- Swollen face or a runny nose
- Immune disorders where blood doesn't clot properly (thrombocytopenic purpura)
- High number of methemoglobin (form of haemoglobin containing iron), known as methaemoglobenaemia
- Low number of white blood cells (agranulocytosis)
Precautions and Warnings of Perfalgan 1 G
Can I take Perfalgan 1gm Inj 100ml during pregnancy?
It can be taken in pregnancy as there are no side effects in recommended doses; however, consult your doctor on the use of this medicine before taking.
Can I take Perfalgan 1gm Inj 100ml while breastfeeding?
Paracetamol passes into breastmilk in small amount. This medicine can be used during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Perfalgan 1gm Inj 100ml?
Paracetamol is not likely to affect your ability to drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Perfalgan 1gm Inj 100ml?
It is advised not to consume alcohol during the treatment, as it may cause liver damage especially more than three alcoholic drinks per day.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have severe liver or kidney disease
- You are taking any other medicines or products that contain paracetamol, taking too much of the same can cause liver damage
- You are alcoholic or are suffering from chronic malnutrition
Mode of Action of Perfalgan 1 G
How Does It Work?
There are some chemicals in the body called prostaglandins. These are substances that cause pain, swelling, fever. Perfalgan 1gm Inj 100ml contains paracetamol which blocks the production of these prostaglandins, thus temporarily controlling fever or pain. It acts on the area of brain which is responsible for controlling temperature. Thus, it controls the fever....
Directions for Use of Perfalgan 1 G
- This medicine will be given in hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection
- Do not self inject this medicine
Interactions of Perfalgan 1 G
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat nausea or vomiting like metoclopramide or domperidone
- Medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin
- Medicines used to treat bacterial infection like chloramphenicol
Interactions with food items
No information is available on interactions of this medicine when taken with food
Storage and disposal of Perfalgan 1 G
- Store below 25°C
- Protect it from direct sunlight
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Perfalgan 1 G
- Your doctor or nurse will give this injection so it is unlikely that you overdose on this medicine
- Symptoms of overdose may include nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite and stomach ache
Missed a Dose
- You will be monitored by your doctor or nurse as to when the medicine should be given to you
- It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them
Dr. Mahesh Muthe
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take when using this medicine?
- Be cautious if you are a patient with liver problems, kidney problems, or alcoholic, as this medicine is known to cause serious liver damage in case of overdose
- Caution is needed in older people too
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed