Pentids 400 Strip Of 6 Tablets
Pentids 400000 IU Description
Pentids Tablet is an antibiotic and is used in treating different types of bacterial infections of the skin, ear, nose, throat, chest, bone, private parts, etc. It contains benzylpenicillin (also cal
ed Penicillin G) as its active ingredient. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. Do not stop taking the Pentids, as it may result in treatment failure and reoccurrence of the infection, thus you should always complete the course of the treatment. You may experience diarrhoea as the most common side effect after taking this medicine. However, not everyone experiences this side effect. Reach out to your doctor if diarrhoea persists or worsens. Before using Pentids, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Pentids 400000 IU
Contraindications of Pentids 400000 IU
- If you are allergic to Benzylpenicillin or any other ingredients of Pentids Tablet.
- If you have a history of an allergic reaction to other Penicillins or Cephalosporins.
Side effects of Pentids 400000 IU
- Skin rashes
Precautions and Warnings of Pentids 400000 IU
Other General Warnings
- You have any problems with your liver or kidneys.
- You are suffering from any heart disease.
- You experience any severe allergic reaction or side effects after taking Pentids Tablet.
- You have diabetes.
- You are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
- You are breastfeeding.
Mode of Action of Pentids 400000 IU
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Pentids 400000 IU
- Pentids Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not stop taking this medicine on your own without consulting the doctor.
Interactions of Pentids 400000 IU
Interactions with other medicines
- Pentids Tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss it with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or any vaccination scheduled....
- The use of oral contraceptives along this medicine may alter its effects and may result in an unwanted pregnancy.
- Other medicines like probenecid, methotrexate, allopurinol, neomycin, warfarin should be used with caution along with this medicine.
- You should let the doctor or the laboratory person know that you are using this medicine while going for a lab test, as this medicine may interfere with the lab tests.
Storage and disposal of Pentids 400000 IU
- Store Pentids Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Pentids 400000 IU
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Pentids Tablet?
Q: Can I stop taking Pentids Tablet on my own?
Q: Does Pentids Tablet cause diarrhoea?
Q: Is Pentids habit-forming?
Q: Does the Pentids Tablet treat urinary tract infection (UTI)?
Q: What are the side effect of Pentids?
Q: What is the dosage of Pentids?
Q: When should I take Pentids?
Q: What is the composition of Pentids?
Q: Can I take Pentids for rheumatic fever?
- Benzylpenicillin sodium 600mg Powder for Injection - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 September 2022]
- Benzylpenicillin sodium 600mg Powder for Injection - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 September 2022]
- PFIZERPEN Injection [Internet]. Cdn.pfizer.com. 2022 [cited 13 September 2022]