Pantonext 40 MG Description
Pantonext Tablet is used to reduce acid production in stomach. It is used for the treatment of ulcers and acid reflux disease or gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). It contains pantoprazole as an
active ingredient. It reduces the amount of acid produced in the stomach by blocking a pump called the proton pump in the stomach wall responsible for the formation of acid. The medicine should be taken on an empty stomach as prescribed by a doctor. Along with taking medicine on time making certain lifestyle modifications can help to manage your acidity problem better. Try eating smaller meals, eat slowly, avoid overeating and lying down immediately after having a meal, limit alcohol intake, avoid smoking and maintain a healthy weight, consult the doctor to understand what works for you best.
- Pantosec 40mg TabletBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 143.56₹ 122.03₹ 12.2/Tablet
- Pentab 40mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 179.30₹ 152.40₹ 10.16/Tablet
- Pantodac 40mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Zydus Healthcare Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 218.10₹ 185.38₹ 12.36/Tablet
- Auxitop 40mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Alniche Lifesciences Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 104.00₹ 104.00₹ 10.4/Tablet
- Uzepan 40 Mg Tablet 10By Indchemie Health Specialities Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 117.00₹ 117.00₹ 11.7/Tablet
- Pantocar 40mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Micro Labs15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 157.00₹ 133.45₹ 8.90/Tablet
- Protera 40mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Lupin15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 197.20₹ 167.62₹ 11.17/Tablet
- P2i 40mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Lupin10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 131.80₹ 112.03₹ 11.20/Tablet
- Pan 40mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 165.00₹ 140.25₹ 9.35/Tablet
- Pantocid 40mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Sun Pharma15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 172.00₹ 146.20₹ 9.75/Tablet
Uses of Pantonext 40 MG
Contraindications of Pantonext 40 MG
- If you are allergic to pantoprazole or similar medicines or other ingredients of Pantonext Tablet.
- Do not consume the medicine if you are taking rilpivirine used in HIV treatment.
Side effects of Pantonext 40 MG
- Abdominal pain
Precautions and Warnings of Pantonext 40 MG
Other General Warnings
- You may have liver problems.
- You are taking painkiller medicines.
- You have a personal or family history of stomach cancer.
- You are taking medicines used to treat HIV.
- You may have weak and brittle bones (osteoporosis).
- You may have low levels of vitamin B12. Pantonext Tablet reduces the absorption of vitamin B12 after a long term use ( longer than 3 years).
- You are on the medicine for more than three months, your blood magnesium levels may drop. The doctor may advise performing regular tests for the same.
- On exposure to the sun, you get rash on the skin, stop the treatment with Pantoprazole and inform the doctor as this may be a symptom of subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosus (SCLE).
- You are supposed to do a blood test (Chromogranin A). The medicine may alter the results.
Mode of Action of Pantonext 40 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Pantonext 40 MG
- Pantonext Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor.
- The medicine must be taken 1 hour before food, on an empty stomach.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Pantonext 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Other medicines can affect the way Pantonext Tablet works or the medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Especially medicines for fungal infection, anti-HIV medicines, blood thinner medicines and medicines for cancer.
Storage and disposal of Pantonext 40 MG
- Store Pantonext Tablets at a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Pantonext 40 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with the doctor before taking Pantonext Tablet?
Q: What is Pantonext Tablet used for?
Q: Can Pantonext Tablet be taken after food?
- Pansec tablets [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]
- Pantoprazole 20 mg gastro-resistant Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]
- How Are Ulcers Formed from Drinking Alcohol? [Internet]. American Addiction Centers. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]