Panplus It Capsules
Panplus It Capsules Description
Panplus It Capsule contains a combination of Itopride and Pantoprazole as their active components. It is used to treat GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease). GERD is a condition where acid from the
stomach comes up to the food pipe. This backflow of acid irritates the lining of the food pipe and leads to chest pain and heartburn. This medicine should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It should be taken on an empty stomach. You may experience side effects like diarrhoea, stomach pain and headache while on treatment with this medicine, but they usually go away with time; in any case, if you feel any discomfort please contact your doctor.
|You Save||₹18.75 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Itopride(150.0 Mg) + Pantoprazole(40.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, headache, nausea, stomach pain|
|Therapy||ANTACID AND ANTI-REFLUX|
Uses of Panplus It Capsules
Contraindications of Panplus It Capsules
- If you are allergic to the active ingredients Pantoprazole, Itopride, or any other ingredient in Panplus It Capsule.
- If you are allergic to other proton pump inhibitor medicines such as pantoprazole, omeprazole, rabeprazole, etc.
- If you are suffering from blockage, perforation (tear) or bleeding in the intestine or stomach.
Side effects of Panplus It Capsules
- Stomach pain
- Dry skin
Precautions and Warnings of Panplus It Capsules
Other General Warnings
- You develop an allergic reaction after taking this medicine.
- You have problems with your heart, liver or kidneys.
- You have ulcers in your stomach or intestines.
- You have low levels of vitamin B12 in your body.
- You are on medications to treat HIV infection.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition while on treatment with Panplus It Capsule.
- You have a blockage, perforation (tear) or bleeding in the intestine or stomach.
- You are above 60 years old.
- You develop a rash on your skin on exposure to the sun, contact your doctor.
- If you are on this medicine for more than three months, your blood magnesium levels may drop causing symptoms like fatigue, muscle contractions, altered mental state, fits, dizziness, rapid heart rate. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same....
- Panplus It Capsule is not recommended for use in a patient below 16 years of age.
Mode of Action of Panplus It Capsules
How Does It Work?
- Panplus It Capsule works by the combined action of both its components - Pantoprazole and Itopride.
- Pantoprazole works by inhibiting a pump called the proton pump in the stomach wall, responsible for the secretion of stomach acids for digestion and hence leads to reduced acid production.
- Itopride works by increasing the movement in the stomach and intestines, thus accelerates the emptying of the stomach.
Directions for Use of Panplus It Capsules
Interactions of Panplus It Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Panplus It Capsule works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat your fungal infections, cancer, HIV-infection, mental health problems.
- Other medicines like atropine, benztropine mesylate, cyclopentolate, dicyclomine, Methotrexate, St John’s wort should be used with caution with Panplus It Capsule.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Panplus It Capsules
- Store Panplus It Capsule in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Panplus It Capsules
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Panplus It Capsule?
Q: Does Panplus It Capsule cause diarrhoea?
Q: How to take Panplus It Capsule?
Q: Can Panplus It Capsule be given to children?
- Pantoprazole 40 mg gastro-resistant Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 December 2022]
- Pantoprazole 40 mg gastro-resistant Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 December 2022]
- Ganaton OD 150 mg capsule [Internet]. Medicine.abbott. 2022 [cited 27 December 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 27 December 2022]