Paingesic 40mg Strip Of 2 Tablets
By MEYER ORGANICS PVT LTD
2 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Paingesic Tablet is pain-relieving medicine (pain killer). It is used for the treatment of pain and inflammation associated with various conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, joint and muscle pain. This medicine also helps provide temporary relief from post-operative pain and period pain. Paingesic contains piroxicam as its active component. Piroxicam acts by inhibiting the release of the natural chemical substances responsible for the sensation of pain and inflammation. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. However, it is recommended to take it with food to avoid stomach upset. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Paingesic Tablet....
Uses of Paingesic 40 MG
- Paingesic Tablet is used to provide relief from pain and inflammation associated with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, muscle pain and joints.
- It is also used to provide relief from post-operative pain and period cramps.
Contraindications of Paingesic 40 MG
- If you are allergic to piroxicam or any ingredients present in Paingesic Tablet.
- If you have a history of any problem related to the stomach and intestine.
- If you have active stomach and intestinal bleeding or inflammation.
- If you are taking blood thinners or painkiller medicines.
- If you have any known history of symptoms like asthma, nasal problems or hives, etc., after taking NSAID's medicine like aspirin.
- If you are pregnant especially, in the third trimester of pregnancy.
- If you have heart severe heart problems.
Side effects of Paingesic 40 MG
- Decreased blood count
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Paingesic 40 MG
Can I take Paingesic Tablet during pregnancy?
Paingesic Tablet is not recommended to be taken by pregnant women especially during the third trimester of pregnancy. If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant, talk to your doctor.
Can I take Paingesic Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is advised not to take Paingesic Tablet if you are breastfeeding as there is limited data about its safety. It is important to consult the doctor before taking any medication while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Paingesic Tablet?
Paingesic Tablet can make you dizzy, drowsy, tired or have visual disturbances. It is recommended to avoid activities like driving or operating machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Paingesic Tablet?
It is always recommended not to consume alcohol while taking Paingesic Tablet. It may delay the healing process. If you have a habit of drinking alcohol, consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of stomach or intestinal bleeding, perforations or ulcers.
- You experience stomach or intestinal bleeding after taking this medicine.
- You are an elderly person.
- You have any medical condition such as heart, liver or kidney disease.
- You have or had experienced any allergic reaction after taking this medicine.
- You are planning a pregnancy or you are pregnant.
- You have a planned surgery.
Mode of Action of Paingesic 40 MG
How Does It Work?
Paingesic Tablet works by interfering with the production of a chemical called prostaglandins, which is responsible for swelling and pain.
Directions for Use of Paingesic 40 MG
Paingesic Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken before or after food. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Paingesic 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Paingesic Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially if you take medicines like aspirin or other NSAID's, blood thinner medicines, corticosteroids, digoxin for heart conditions, medicines for psychiatric problems, immunomodulatory medicines, medicines to treat high blood pressure, antibiotics, heart failure medicines....
Storage and disposal of Paingesic 40 MG
- Store this medicine in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired medicines. Discard any unused medicine properly.
Dosage of Paingesic 40 MG
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, immediately contact your treating doctor or visit your nearby hospital. Always carry the package of the tablet along with you for easy assessment of the severity of an overdose....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can children use Paingesic Tablet?
A: No, Paingesic Tablet should not be used in children due to lack of safety information. Always consult your child's doctor before giving any medicine.
Q: Is Paingesic an antibiotic?
A: No, Paingesic Tablet is an anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving medicine.
Q: What is Paingesic Tablet used for?
A: Paingesic Tablet is used to provide relief from pain and inflammation associated with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, muscle pain and joints.
Q: What is the composition of Paingesic?
A: The composition of Paingesic Tablet consists of piroxicam as its active ingredient.
- Feldene Melt 20mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 27 April 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 27 April 2022]
- Drugs H. Piroxicam: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 27 April 2022]
- Feldene Melt 20mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 27 April 2022]
- FELDENE® capsule [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 27 April 2022]
Expires on or After