Pacetaker 250mg Inj
By LITTLE GREAVE PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
Price to be Updated
Non ReturnableRead More
Pacetaker 250mg Inj contains meropenem, an antibiotic.
Uses of Pacetaker 250mg Inj
It is used for severe, serious and complicated infections caused by bacteria. It is not to be used for normal infections.
Contraindications of Pacetaker 250mg Inj
- If you are allergic to meropenem or any other ingredients of this injection
- If you are allergic to the class of medicines known as carbapenems
- If you are allergic to medicines like penicillins & cephalosporins
Side effects of Pacetaker 250mg Inj
- Loose motions
- Stomach pain
- Swelling and irritation at injection site
- Increased blood platelet count
- Elevated levels of liver enzymes (monitored by blood test)
- Abnormal sensation in skin (Pricking & tingling)
Precautions and Warnings of Pacetaker 250mg Inj
Can I take Pacetaker 250mg Inj during pregnancy?
It is advised not to take this medicine during pregnancy. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, think you are pregnant or planning a baby. Your doctor will decide if this medicine can be given to you after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Pacetaker 250mg Inj while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes in human milk in low amount; thus, it is advised not to take this medicine when you are breastfeeding. However, your doctor may give you this medicine after assessing the benefit over risks.
Can I drive if I have consumed Pacetaker 250mg Inj?
This medicine does not affect your ability to drive. However, if you have a headache, fits or abnormal skin sensations like tingling & pricking, it is advised not to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Pacetaker 250mg Inj?
No information is available on interactions of this medicine when taken with alcohol. Consult your doctor or pharmacist for further details.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have diarrhea after taking & during treatment
- You have sudden severe allergic reaction (rashes, itching, swelling, dizziness, breathlessness)
- You have existing liver or kidney disease
- You have fits and other brain problems
- You skin allergy after taking this medicine
Mode of Action of Pacetaker 250mg Inj
How Does It Work?
It works by stopping the formation of the cell wall of the bacteria and thus killing the bacteria which causes the infection.
Directions for Use of Pacetaker 250mg Inj
This medicine will be given in a hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection. Do not self inject this medicine.
Interactions of Pacetaker 250mg Inj
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat gout-like probenecid
- Medicines used to treat fits like valproic acid
- Medicine used to prevent blood from clotting like warfarin
Storage and disposal of Pacetaker 250mg Inj
- Store below 30°C.
- Protect if from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
- Any unused portion should not be stored and should be discarded properly.
Dosage of Pacetaker 250mg Inj
- Your doctor or nurse will give this injection, therefore it is less likely to provide you with more or less of this medicine.
- However, if you experience loose motions, nausea, vomiting and stomach pain immediately after taking this injection, inform your doctor as soon as possible.
Missed a Dose
- You will be monitored by your doctor or nurse on when the injection should be given to you
- It is unlikely that the dose will be missed
- However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Meropenem?
A: Inform the doctor about your detailed medical, surgical and allergy history. Inform your physician if you have any of the conditions like kidney disease, history of head injury, if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning a pregnancy.
Q: I have fever, cough and cold, can I take this medicine?
A: No, this medicine is not for normal infections. It is for serious complicated infections like pneumonia etc. Also, it is not helpful against viruses or flu.
Last Updated on: 30 Jun 2020 | 06:34 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved