Opam 15mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Opam 15 MG Description
Opam 15 mg Tablet is a diabetic medication. It is used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus in adults and helps control blood glucose levels in people with diabetes. Preventing serious complications of
diabetes like kidney damage and eye problems are common uses of Opam 15 mg tablets. Do not stop using this medicine even if the blood glucose levels are within normal range. The main component of this medication is Pioglitazone. It is an oral antidiabetic medicine. The mode of action of Opam 15 mg tablets is to modulate the genes and production of proteins, which results in lower blood glucose levels and improves fat metabolism in the muscle, adipose tissue, and the liver. High glucose levels can increase the risk of blindness, kidney damage, nerve problems, diabetic food, loss of limbs, etc. Follow your doctor’s directions for using Opam 15 mg tablet. Remember to make lifestyle changes such as a healthy diet, regular exercise, weight loss, etc., which play a big role in controlling diabetes. Muscle pain, tiredness, common cold, headache, toothache, etc., are some of the common side effects of Opam 15 mg tablets. This medicine is not indicated for people with type 1 diabetes, diabetic ketoacidosis (high levels of acid in your blood), or severe kidney or liver disease.
- Pozitiv 15mg TabletBy Franco Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 68.00₹ 57.80₹ 5.78/Tablet
- Pioz 15mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Usv Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 69.25₹ 58.86₹ 5.89/Tablet
- Piokind 15mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 66.00₹ 56.10₹ 5.61/Tablet
- Pioglit 15mg TabletBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 69.00₹ 58.65₹ 5.87/Tablet
- Piopar 15mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Mitoch Pharma Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 84.70₹ 75.38₹ 5.03/Tablet
- Piohope 15mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 60.02₹ 51.02₹ 5.10/Tablet
- Mysensi Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Daylon Health Care Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 60.00₹ 51.00₹ 5.10/Tablet
- Pionorm 15mg TabletBy Micro Labs10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 53.00₹ 45.05₹ 4.51/Tablet
- Piosenz 15 Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Opsiscare Lifesciencse Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 50.00₹ 50.00₹ 5/Tablet
- Piosys 15mg 30's TabletsBy Systopic Laboratories30 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 51.00₹ 43.3531.92% CHEAPER₹ 1.45/Tablet
Uses of Opam 15 MG
- As per CDSCO and USFDA, Opam 15 mg tablet is indicated for the treatment of the following condition:
- It is used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus in adults along with a healthy diet and regular exercise.
Contraindications of Opam 15 MG
- If you have a history of serious hypersensitivity to Pioglitazone or other similar medications. Serious allergic reactions require immediate emergency treatment with supportive measures.
- If you want to use this medicine for type 1 diabetes or diabetic ketoacidosis (diabetes that occurs when your body produces high levels of blood acids called ketones)
- If you have a history of congestive heart failure. Fluid retention may occur and can exacerbate or lead to congestive heart failure.
- If you are having any signs and symptoms of heart failure (e.g., excessive and rapid weight gain, breathing problems and/or oedema).
- If you are diagnosed with New York Heart Association (NYHA) Class III or IV heart failure.
- If you have acute pancreatitis.
- If you have a severe skin condition such as Stevens-Johnson syndrome.
- If you have a serious liver failure.
- If you have a disorder that causes easy fractures.
- If you have active bladder cancer. It also increases the risk of bladder cancer.
- If you have severe joint pain or Arthralgia.
- If you have bullous pemphigoid, which causes blisters on the skin.
Side effects of Opam 15 MG
- Muscle pain
- Pain in the arms or legs
- Sore throat
- Upper respiratory tract infection
Precautions and Warnings of Opam 15 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a severe kidney or liver illness.
- You have a skin rash, itching, redness, and other allergic reactions.
- You notice any central nervous system effects like dizziness, etc.
- You do not want to get pregnant. This medicine increases the chance of pregnancy.
- You have any vision problems or have been diagnosed with a diabetic eye disorder.
- You are planning to have a medical surgery or a dental procedure.
- You get sick, develop an infection or fever, experience unusual stress, or are injured. These conditions can affect your blood sugar and the amount of Opam 15 mg tablets you may need.
Mode of Action of Opam 15 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Opam 15 MG
- Take Opam 15 mg tablets just as the doctor prescribed to you.
- Do not change the dose of Opam 15 mg tablet, even if you do not see its effects.
- Swallow this pill as a whole with a glass of water. Do not break or chew it.
- It is better to not take it with other medications without informing your doctor.
- Do not use Opam 15 mg medicine if its packaging has been already opened.
- Do not suddenly stop taking the Opam 15 mg tablet, as it can cause adverse effects from withdrawal.
- You can take Opam medicine with or without food.
Interactions of Opam 15 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Inform your doctor if you are using oral birth control pills along with Opam 15 mg tablets, as this medication can lower the effectiveness of the birth control pills. It increases the chances of unwanted pregnancy. Hence, caution is needed....
- Be careful if you are using medications such as erythromycin, astemizole, calcium channel blockers, cisapride, corticosteroids, cyclosporine, HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors, tacrolimus, triazolam, and trimetrexate. These medicines can change the metabolism of Opam 15 mg tablets, which can increase or decrease its levels in the body and can cause side effects....
- Antifungal medications such as ketoconazole and itraconazole can lower the removal of Opam tablets. Enough information is not available on the exact mechanism of interaction. Hence, be cautious while using them together....
Interactions with food items
- Food increases the time it takes for an Opam 15 mg tablet to reach its peak levels in the bloodstream. However, food does not change the level of absorption of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Opam 15 MG
Dosage of Opam 15 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Opam 15 mg tablets cause any fertility problems if I use them regularly?
Q: Can Opam 15 mg tablets cause any changes to the weight if I use them regularly?
Q: Can I take Opam 15 mg tablets if I have an acute liver condition?
- Pioglitazone: Medlineplus drug information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 27 Mar 2022]. Available from
- ACTOS™(Pioglitazone Hydrochloride) Tablets. Initial U.S. Approval: 1998. [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. [cited 27 Mar 2022]. Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 27 Mar 2022]. Available from:
- Pioglitazone [Internet]. Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. U.S. National Library of Medicine; 2019 [cited 27 Mar 2022]. Available from: