Onabet Sd Bottle Of 15ml Topical Solution
Onabet Sd Bottle Of 15ml Topical Solution Description
Onabet SD lotion is a combination medicine. It is used to treat fungal infections of the skin. It contains sertaconazole and mometasone. Sertaconazole is an antifungal agent whereas mometasone belong
s to a group of medicines called steroids. Onabet SD lotion is meant only for external application and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor.
Uses of Onabet Sd Bottle Of 15ml Topical Solution
Contraindications of Onabet Sd Bottle Of 15ml Topical Solution
- If you are allergic to mometasone or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have skin conditions like acne, rash around your mouth, nappy rash, cold sores, chickenpox, warts, open wounds, sunburned skin, skin condition affecting the face, itching in your private parts or any other skin infection....
- Do not use this medicine in or around the eyes, lips or inside of the nose.
Side effects of Onabet Sd Bottle Of 15ml Topical Solution
Precautions and Warnings of Onabet Sd Bottle Of 15ml Topical Solution
Other General Warnings
- You develop any skin infections after using this medicine.
- You developed lumps filled with pus under your skin.
- Your psoriasis or skin condition is worsening.
- You develop irritation or skin becomes sensitive.
- You experience blurred vision or other visual disturbances.
- Avoid smoking or going near flames after applying this medicine as it may cause burns.
- Avoid prolonged and/or excessive use of this medicine.
- Avoid getting any medicine into your eyes.
- Onabet SD lotion should not be used to treat any other condition than that prescribed by the doctor.
Mode of Action of Onabet Sd Bottle Of 15ml Topical Solution
How Does It Work?
- Sertaconazole works by inhibiting the enzyme responsible for cell wall synthesis of fungi which stops the growth of fungus which ultimately kills fungus responsible for the infection.
- Mometasone works by blocking certain chemicals that cause inflammation. This reduces swelling, redness and itchiness, thus improving the skin condition.
Directions for Use of Onabet Sd Bottle Of 15ml Topical Solution
- Onabet SD lotion is meant for topical use only.
- Apply it on the infected area as suggested by your doctor and for the prescribed duration.
- Wash your hands before and after application unless your hands are the area of application.
- Do not use it for a longer time than your doctor suggested.
Interactions of Onabet Sd Bottle Of 15ml Topical Solution
Interactions with other medicines
Storage and disposal of Onabet Sd Bottle Of 15ml Topical Solution
- Store Onabet SD lotion in the original container in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Onabet Sd Bottle Of 15ml Topical Solution
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Onabet SD lotion?
Q: Does Onabet SD lotion contain a steroid?
- ERTACZO (sertaconazole nitrate) cream, 2%, for topical use, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 26 October 2021]
- Sertaconazole: Indication, Dosage, Side Effect, Precaution | CIMS India [Internet]. Mims.com. 2021 [cited 26 October 2021]
- Mometasone Furoate 1mg/g Cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 October 2021]
- Mometasone Furoate 1mg/g Cream - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 October 2021]