Olright Am Tablets
By AKESISS PHARMA (P) LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Price to be Updated
Out of Stock
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Olright Am Tablets Description
Olright Am Tab is a blood pressure lowering medicine. It is used for the treatment of high blood pressure. Olright Am Tab contains a combination of amlodipine and olmesartan as its active ingredien
ts. It works by relaxing the blood vessels, thereby decreasing blood pressure. It also increases the supply of oxygen and blood to the heart and decreases the workload on the heart. This medicine can be taken with or without food. Take the medicine at the same time every day for better blood pressure control along with adequate dietary and lifestyle modifications.
|Contains||Amlodipine + Olmesartan|
|Uses||High blood pressure|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, fatigue, swelling|
Check more medicines with composition as Amlodipine + Olmesartan
Uses of Olright Am Tablets
Olright Am Tab is used for the treatment of high blood pressure.
Contraindications of Olright Am Tablets
- If you are allergic to amlodipine or olmesartan or any ingredients of Olright Am Tab .
- If you are pregnant or may be pregnant.
- If you have any medical conditions such as liver or kidney disease or any kind of heart disorders.
- If you have diabetes or kidney-related disorders and taking aliskiren to treat high blood pressure.
- If you suffer from severe low blood pressure or experienced shock recently.
Side effects of Olright Am Tablets
- Puffy face
Precautions and Warnings of Olright Am Tablets
Can I take Olright Am Tab during pregnancy?
You should not take Olright Am Tab during pregnancy or if you are planning to have a baby. If you become pregnant while taking this medicine, discontinue the treatment and consult your doctor immediately. Your doctor may switch you to a safer alternative.
Can I take Olright Am Tab while breastfeeding?
Components of this medicine pass into the breastmilk. However, the effect of this medicine on infants is not known. Therefore, it is not recommended to breastfeed the baby if you are consuming this medicine. You must either discontinue the use of the medicine or stop breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Olright Am Tab ?
This medicine may make you may experience dizziness and giddiness. These are infrequent side effects but be cautious while driving or operating any machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Olright Am Tab ?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol along with this medicine. However, consuming alcohol when you have a blood pressure problem is not advisable as alcohol can lower blood pressure.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have an underlying heart condition like liver or kidney-related disorder etc.
- You experience any unusual symptoms like difficulty in breathing, swelling of the face, lips.
- You have very low blood pressure.
- You have a high level of potassium in your blood serum reports.
- You have any heart disorder like narrowing of the aorta, chest pain, history of heart attack, etc.
- You have diabetes related kidney problem and taking any other hypertensive medicines like aliskiren.
- You are taking any other hypertensive medicines like aliskiren and have kidney problem due to diabetes.
Mode of Action of Olright Am Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Amlodipine works by reducing the force at which the heart muscles contract thus reducing blood pressure.
- Olmesartan works by blocking angiotensin II in the body. Angiotensin II is a natural enzyme present in blood and is secreted by the kidneys. Angiotensin II plays a role in maintaining blood pressure by acting on the blood vessels and release of certain agents that control the volume of blood....
Directions for Use of Olright Am Tablets
Olright Am Tab is to be taken as a whole with an adequate amount of water. This tablet can be taken with or without food. It is recommended to take the tablet at the same time every day for better blood pressure control....
Interactions of Olright Am Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Olright Am Tab works or Olright Am Tab itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines like pain killers, cholesterol-reducing medicines, blood thinners, water pills, anti-depressants like lithium, etc.
- You may experience an excess drop in blood pressure if you are taking other blood pressure-lowering medicine, antifungal medicines and antibiotics with the Olright Am Tab .
Interactions with food items
It is recommended to avoid foods rich in potassium like spinach, broccoli, banana, potatoes, etc. Grapefruit, apple and orange juice should be avoided for about 4 hours after taking this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Olright Am Tablets
- Store it in a cool and dry place away from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Olright Am Tablets
Symptoms of an overdose may include irregular heartbeats, dizziness, kidney failure and sometimes shock. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
Do not miss a dose of this medicine is it may lead to a rise in blood pressure. If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one...
Dr. Alok Nachane
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with the doctor before taking Olright Am Tab ?
A: Tell your doctor if you have ever suffered from heart or liver disease or if you are a known case of heart failure. It is essential to mention it to your doctor if you are pregnant, are planning to be pregnant or are breastfeeding and about all the medicines you are already taking before starting the treatment.
Q: Can Olright Am Tab be taken on an empty stomach?
A: Yes, this medicine can be taken with or without food.
Q: Can I stop taking Olright Am Tab after blood pressure comes to normal?
A: No, do not stop taking Olright Am Tab suddenly as it may result in chest pain or a sudden rise in blood pressure.
Q: When should I take Olright Am Tab ?
A: Take Olright Am Tab as prescribed by your doctor for the prescribed duration. You can take this medicine with or without food, but preferably in the daytime and also at a fixed time to gain optimal benefits.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed