Olarbi H Tablets
Olarbi H Tablets Description
Olarbi H Tablet is a blood pressure lowering medicine. It is used for the treatment of high blood pressure. Olarbi H Tablet contains a combination of amlodipine and olmesartan as its active ingredien
ts. It works by relaxing the blood vessels, thereby decreasing blood pressure. It also increases the supply of oxygen and blood to the heart and decreases the workload on the heart. This medicine can be taken with or without food. Take the medicine at the same time every day for better blood pressure control along with adequate dietary and lifestyle modifications.
|You Save||₹10.05 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Hydrochlorothiazide(12.5 Mg) + Olmesartan Medoxomil(20.0 Mg)|
|Uses||High blood pressure|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, fatigue, swelling|
Uses of Olarbi H Tablets
Contraindications of Olarbi H Tablets
- If you are allergic to amlodipine or olmesartan or any ingredients of Olarbi H Tablet.
- If you are pregnant or may be pregnant.
- If you have any medical conditions such as liver or kidney disease or any kind of heart disorders.
- If you have diabetes or kidney-related disorders and taking aliskiren to treat high blood pressure.
- If you suffer from severe low blood pressure or experienced shock recently.
Side effects of Olarbi H Tablets
- Puffy face
Precautions and Warnings of Olarbi H Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have an underlying heart condition like liver or kidney-related disorder etc.
- You experience any unusual symptoms like difficulty in breathing, swelling of the face, lips.
- You have very low blood pressure.
- You have a high level of potassium in your blood serum reports.
- You have any heart disorder like narrowing of the aorta, chest pain, history of heart attack, etc.
- You have diabetes related kidney problem and taking any other hypertensive medicines like aliskiren.
- You are taking any other hypertensive medicines like aliskiren and have kidney problem due to diabetes.
Mode of Action of Olarbi H Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Amlodipine works by reducing the force at which the heart muscles contract thus reducing blood pressure.
- Olmesartan works by blocking angiotensin II in the body. Angiotensin II is a natural enzyme present in blood and is secreted by the kidneys. Angiotensin II plays a role in maintaining blood pressure by acting on the blood vessels and release of certain agents that control the volume of blood....
Directions for Use of Olarbi H Tablets
Interactions of Olarbi H Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Olarbi H Tablet works or Olarbi H Tablet itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines like pain killers, cholesterol-reducing medicines, blood thinners, water pills, anti-depressants like lithium, etc.
- You may experience an excess drop in blood pressure if you are taking other blood pressure-lowering medicine, antifungal medicines and antibiotics with the Olarbi H Tablet.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Olarbi H Tablets
- Store it in a cool and dry place away from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.