Occupress 0.25% Drops 5ml
Occupress 0.25 % Description
Occupress Eye Drop are used for a condition known as "ocular hypertension" where the pressure within the eye is increased due to increased fluids. It is also used in open-angle glaucoma. It contains
timolol as the active component. It should not be used in children below 2 years of age. Occupress Eye Drop should are meant for external use only. Avoid the use of contact lenses while using these drops. Avoid touching the dropper with your eye. Inform your doctor if you have heart or respiratory conditions and are on other medications as well. You may experience eye irritation, burning sensation, dryness, blurred vision. If these symptoms do not resolve or worsen, consult with your doctor.
|You Save||₹4.39 (15% on MRP)|
Uses of Occupress 0.25 %
Contraindications of Occupress 0.25 %
- If you are allergic to timolol or any other component of Occupress Eye Drop.
- If you have a history of respiratory diseases such as bronchial asthma or severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- If you have any heart disease or disorder, including heart failure.
- If you have severe kidney failure or disease.
Side effects of Occupress 0.25 %
- Burning and stinging sensation
- Pain, discharge, irritation, blurred vision, redness of the eye
- Swelling and itching of the eyelid
- Altered taste sensation
Precautions and Warnings of Occupress 0.25 %
Other General Warnings
- You experience an allergic reaction.
- You have heart, respiratory, diabetes and liver disease or condition.
- You have or had a kidney stone.
- You are on any other medications.
- You have diabetes and/or hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid gland).
- You experience loss of vision, dryness of the eye.
- You have a planned surgery.
- You wear contact lenses.
- Occupress Eye Drop should not be used in children below 2 years of age.
Mode of Action of Occupress 0.25 %
How Does It Work?
- Occupress Eye Drop contains Timolol. It acts by decreasing the aqueous humour production, lowering the build fluid pressure within your eye.
Directions for Use of Occupress 0.25 %
- Use Occupress Eye Drop as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow directions carefully & do not miss an application.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper. Keep the dropper clean.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
Interactions of Occupress 0.25 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Effect of Occupress Eye Drop may be increased with medicine use to heart condition such as diltiazem, verapamil, quinidine, propranolol, atenolol, amiodarone, digitalis, guanethidine.
- Concomitant use of these eye drops with medicine used to increase heart rate such as adrenaline may cause dilation of the pupil (mydriasis).
- Since Occupress Eye Drop is to be used externally, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions....
Storage and disposal of Occupress 0.25 %
- Store at a temperature not exceeding 15°- 25°C.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
- Discard the solution if it changes colour, turns cloudy or if contains particles.
Dosage of Occupress 0.25 %
- As Occupress Eye Drop is meant for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
- Excess of this medicine may cause dizziness, headache, shortness of breath, decrease heart rate, fatigue, eye irritation or electrolyte imbalance.
- If you have applied extra quantities of it, wipe out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton.