Nucoxia Gel 20 Gm
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
20g Gel in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Nucoxia Gel 20 Gm is a topical gel which contains Etoricoxib (a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent) that is used for relief from pain and swelling associated with gout and various types of arthritis.
Uses of Nucoxia Gel 20 Gm
- Nucoxia Gel 20 Gm is used for relief from pain and reduction of swelling in the treatment of the following diseases:
- Osteoarthritis (bone and joint disease)
- Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Gout pain (Joint pain and swelling due to uric acid crystal deposits in the joint).
- Chronic and acute musculoskeletal pain.
- Ankylosing spondylitis (pain and swelling in the spine)
Contraindications of Nucoxia Gel 20 Gm
- The gel is contraindicated in patients with the following conditions:
- Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Those who are allergic to components of Nucoxia Gel 20 Gm or NSAIDs like aspirin.
- Those who are undergoing a major surgery or an operation
Side effects of Nucoxia Gel 20 Gm
- Nucoxia Gel 20 Gm side effects are as follows:
- Swelling of the legs (ankle or feet).
- Headache and drowsiness.
- Allergic reaction - Rash, severe irritation at application site, swelling of face, burning.
Precautions and Warnings of Nucoxia Gel 20 Gm
Can I use Nucoxia Gel 20 Gm during pregnancy?
Nucoxia Gel 20 Gm might be used during pregnancy after consultation with a doctor.
Can I use Nucoxia Gel 20 Gm while breastfeeding?
Nucoxia Gel 20 Gm should be avoided while breastfeeding. However, a physician should be consulted prior to use of the gel.
Can I drive if I have applied Nucoxia Gel 20 Gm?
In the rare case you experience drowsiness or headache after the application of Nucoxia Gel 20 Gm, driving should be avoided.
Can I consume alcohol while using Nucoxia Gel 20 Gm?
Alcohol should not be consumed during the treatment. However, physician should be consulted for further advice.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- The physician should be informed prior to the use of Nucoxia Gel 20 Gm in the following conditions:
- Women planning for pregnancy or lactating women.
- High blood pressure patients
- Asthma patients.
- Patients with serious kidney or liver disorders
- Patients with history of ulcers.
- Smoking or alcohol consumption.
- Diabetes or history of any heart disease.
Mode of Action of Nucoxia Gel 20 Gm
How Does It Work?
Nucoxia Gel 20 Gm contains Etoricoxib, which acts by blocking the enzyme responsible for the pain and swelling of the joints in the body.
Directions for Use of Nucoxia Gel 20 Gm
Nucoxia Gel 20 Gm has to be applied externally to the affected area as directed by the physician.
Interactions of Nucoxia Gel 20 Gm
Interactions with other medicines
- Possible drug-drug interactions of etoricoxib are as follows:
- Interaction with Diuretics.
- Interaction with Antibiotics like rifampicin.
- Interaction with Birth control pills (it increases the risk of side effects)
- Interaction with Lithium- a drug used to treat mania
- Interaction with methotrexate, ciclosporin, and tacrolimus
- Interaction with Warfarin (blood thinner).
- Interaction with aspirin (it increases the risk of stomach ulcers)
Interactions with food items
Nucoxia Gel 20 Gm interactions with food are unknown.
Other general Interactions
Nucoxia Gel 20 Gm interactions with other disease conditions are unknown.
Storage and disposal of Nucoxia Gel 20 Gm
Nucoxia Gel 20 Gm has to be stored away from excessive heat and sunlight, in a cool and dry place.
Dosage of Nucoxia Gel 20 Gm
In case of an overdose immediate medical attention is advised, although overdose of local gel is rare.
Missed a Dose
In case of a missed dose, the gel should be applied as soon as the missed dose is remembered. Compensation for the missed dose is not required.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the storage conditions for Nucoxia Gel 20 Gm?
A: Nucoxia Gel 20 Gm should be stored in a cool and dry place, away from sunlight and excessive heat. Keep away from pets and out of reach of children.
Q: What should I keep in mind before applying Nucoxia Gel 20 Gm?
A: The physician should be informed prior to use of Nucoxia Gel 20 Gm about any current infections, to avoid severe side effects
Q: What are the general precautions to be taken while using Nucoxia Gel 20 Gm?
A: Diet and adequate exercise can help boost the muscle strength and reduce the load on the joints. Hot and cold fomentation can also be used during pain.
Q: Can we use support devices?
A: Yes support devices can be used to assist in the treatment.
Q: When and how should we use Nucoxia Gel 20 Gm?
A: Nucoxia Gel 20 Gm should be applied externally at any time as directed by the physician or as mentioned in the prescription leaflet.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved