Nucort Oral Drops 15ml
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
15ml Oral Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Nucort Oral Drops 15ml Description
Nucort Oral Drops 15ml contains Prednisolone. It is a corticosteroid which belongs to a class of steroid medicines.
|You Save||₹1.73 (15% on MRP)|
Check more medicines with composition as Prednisolone
Uses of Nucort Oral Drops 15ml
- To treat various allergic conditions like asthma, skin allergies including psoriasis and lung conditions and allergies due to medicines
- For relieving swelling and inflammation in various body parts and in conditions like arthritis
- It is also used to support the hormonal balance of natural steroids when the body is not capable produce on its own
Contraindications of Nucort Oral Drops 15ml
- If you are allergic to this medicine or steroids or any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you have any other infection and you are not taking any medicine to treat that infection
- If you are suffering from a viral infection of the eye caused by herpes virus
Side effects of Nucort Oral Drops 15ml
- Feeling angry
- Mood swings
- Weight gain
Precautions and Warnings of Nucort Oral Drops 15ml
Can I take Nucort Oral Drops 15ml during pregnancy?
It may increase the risk of growth retardation in fetus. Cases of cataracts also have been observed in babies born to mothers taking steroids for long term. Thus, it should be taken when the doctor recommends after assessing the benefits of this medicine to pregnant women outweighs the risks to the unborn baby. A pregnant woman who develops blood pressure or fluid retention problem during pregnancy needs to be monitored closely.
Can I take Nucort Oral Drops 15ml while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes into breast milk in small amounts. Thus, the use of this medicine is not recommended in breastfeeding mothers unless prescribed by the doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Nucort Oral Drops 15ml?
It has no influence on your driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol with Nucort Oral Drops 15ml?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol, it is important to consult your doctor if you drink alcohol too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- This medicine makes you more prone for infections, in case you already have an infection like a fungal infection or measles or chickenpox, you are taking medicines to suppress immune response discuss your condition with a doctor ...
- If you experience any skin allergies and rise in blood sugar levels or you have diabetes
- If you experience mood disturbances, fits and other psychiatric problems, including suicidal thoughts
- If you experience visual disturbances and eye infections, upon long term use, there is the probability that you may develop a cataract
- If you are an older person, you have a heart problem, high blood pressure and cholesterol, blood clotting problems, liver and kidney diseases
- It can impair the fertility of an individual, so be very cautious
- If you have a history of muscle weakness due to steroid therapy or have a condition called myasthenia gravis
- This medicine may cause inflammation and swelling in different parts of your gut like stomach, pancreas and can also cause ulcers
- Children and adolescents receiving steroids should be observed for growth abnormalities as steroids can retard the growth
Mode of Action of Nucort Oral Drops 15ml
How Does It Work?
Prednisolone is a naturally occurring steroid. Steroids are hormones produced in the human body and responsible for normal body functions. It acts by suppressing the immune response in allergies, inflammation and during organ transplantation. It can also delay the progress of leukaemia (Blood cancer) and is critical in the maintenance of normal body functions during stress....
Directions for Use of Nucort Oral Drops 15ml
- Take this medicine as instructed by your doctor
- Shake well before use
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or a droper for the exact quantity
- Do not stop taking this medicine on your own
Interactions of Nucort Oral Drops 15ml
Interactions with other medicines
- It would be best if you did not take any live vaccine while taking this medicine as it can reduce the effectiveness of the vaccine
- Antacids and antibiotics Rifamycin and Erythromycin can reduce the effectiveness of this medicine
- You may require a higher dose of this medicine if you are taking medicines to treat fits like Phenobarbital and Phenytoin
- If you are taking medicines antifungal medicines like Amphotericin and Ketoconazole, oral contraceptive medicines like Ethinyl estradiol and Norethindrone, antibiotics like Troleandomycin and Erythromycin, immunosuppressants like Ciclosporin, Methotrexate you are more likely to experience side effects of either of the medicine...
- There is an increased risk of stomach bleeding if you are taking painkillers or aspirin along with this medicine
- You should be cautious you are taking any anti-diabetic medicine like insulin, medicines to stop blood clotting, a water pill and thyroid medicine such as Carbimazole and Thiamazole, medicines for heart failure like Digoxin...
- Somatropin a growth hormone if taken along can inhibit its growth in an individual
- Other medicines for treat asthma-like Salbutamol may lead to an increase in potassium level in blood and you may experience irregular heartbeats
Interactions with food items
- Grapefruit Juice
Storage and disposal of Nucort Oral Drops 15ml
- Store below 25°C and use within 3 months
- Store it in original packing to protect it from light
- Keep out of the reach of children
Dosage of Nucort Oral Drops 15ml
Symptoms of overdose are not known. However, you must seek immediate medical assistance in case you have taken too much of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I inform my healthcare provider before taking Nucort Oral Drops 15ml
A: It is important to inform your healthcare provider about your complete medical/surgical history, especially if you have any diseases like bleeding anomalies, fungal infections, kidney ailments or liver diseases.
Q: Can I stop taking this medicine on my own?
A: No, steroids therapy should not be stopped as it can lead to psychological problems. Your doctor will gradually reduce your dose before completely withdrawing this therapy.
Q: Can I take the vaccine if I am on this medicine?
A: Nucort Oral Drops 15ml can reduce the effectiveness of some vaccines. Hence, it is best to consult your doctor before doing so.
Q: Is the medicine safe for children?
A: It should only be given to children if it is prescribed by the doctor and in the exact dose as prescribed under adult supervision.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed