Nitravet 5mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Nitravet 5 MG Description
Nitravet is used to manage epilepsy (fits). Treatment of anxiety disorders and insomnia are other uses of Nitravet. Seizures are caused by a chemical alteration in brain cells (neurons) that causes a
sudden spike of electrical activity in the brain, followed by jerky movements of the limbs or other parts of the body. Nitravet Tablet is a fast-acting medication that induces sleep quickly. This medicine provides a relaxing effect. Nitravet also helps alleviate transitory insomnia (sleeplessness) caused by anxiety disorders. As a result, it should be taken before bedtime. Daytime sleepiness, loss of coordination, nightmares, headache, light-headedness, or dizziness are all possible side effects of Nitravet. Most of these side effects do not require medical treatment. However, if the side effects persist, contact the doctor. Talk to concerned doctors to know Nitravet interaction with food and other medicines.
|You Save||₹9.15 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||anxiety, insomnia, epilepsy|
|Side effects||drowsiness, reduced alertness, confusion, tiredness, headache, dizziness, muscle weakness, poor muscle coordination.|
Uses of Nitravet 5 MG
- CDSCO has mentioned that Nitravet is also used in treating epilepsy.
- Nitravet is used in treating anxiety disorders. It helps to reduce excessive nervousness, restlessness and worry.
Contraindications of Nitravet 5 MG
- If you have a known allergy to nitrazepam or any other active components in Nitravet it should be avoided.
- If you have myasthenia gravis (NeuroMuscular disease), this medication is unsafe for you due to the increased risk of side effects.
- If you have severe liver disease, use this medication with caution, to avoid worsening the patient's condition.
Side effects of Nitravet 5 MG
- Uncontrolled body movements
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Nitravet 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have lung disease, muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis), or severe liver or renal disease.
- You have a history of drug addiction, as this is a habit-forming medicine.
- You have withdrawal symptoms such as anxiety, elevated heart rate, tremor, or general weakness.
- Your mood or behaviour changes, and you experience suicidal thoughts.
- Note: Children under the age of 18 should not take Nitravet.
Mode of Action of Nitravet 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Nitravet 5 MG
- Ensure to follow the doctor's instructions for using this medication.
- Do not exceed the prescribed dosage on your own.
- Take Nitravet with or without food, preferably at bedtime.
- Swallow the whole pill with a glass of water or juice.
- Do not chew, crush or break it in any way.
- Do not stop the medicine without consulting the doctor, as withdrawal symptoms may occur.
Interactions of Nitravet 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- When taking Nitravet Tablet, avoid painkillers such as morphine, codeine, tramadol, and hydrocodone and monitor drowsiness, breathing problem, and blood pressure.
- If you are taking treatment for blood pressure, this tablet may cause symptoms such as dizziness and lightheadedness. You should check blood pressure daily.
- When this Tablet is used with rifampicin (antibiotic), the effect of the Nitravet Tablet is reduced.
Interactions with food items
- You should avoid grapefruit juice and caffeine-containing beverages since they could reduce the effectiveness of Nitravet.
Storage and disposal of Nitravet 5 MG
Dosage of Nitravet 5 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Divya Rohra
Dr. Jagruti Jain
M.B.B.S., M.D., D.N.B., General Medicine
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Nitravet Tablet assist in falling asleep?
Q: If I feel better, can I stop Nitravet on my own?
Q: Is Nitravet tablet a habit-forming medicine?
- Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation (CDSCO). [Accessed 25 Mar. 2019] (online) Available from:
- Chaves RG, Lamounier JA. Breastfeeding and maternal medications. J Pediatr (Rio J).[Accessed 25 Mar. 2019] (online) Available from:
- Internet]. Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih 2020 [cited 17 March 2020]. Available from:
- Aapharma.ca. [cited 2022 Jan 26]. Available from
- New Zealand Data Sheet [Internet]. Govt.nz. [cited 2022 Jan 26]. Available from:
- Eur NP. PACKAGE LEAFLET: INFORMATION FOR THE PATIENT nitrazepam 5mg tablets [Internet]. Org.uk. [cited 2022 Jan 26]. Available from:
- Nitrazepam⋆. React (Auckl) [Internet]. 1986 [cited 2022 Jan 26];156(1):9–9. Available from:
- Australian product information -Mogadon (nitrazepam) tablets 1 name of the medicine [Internet]. Com.au. [cited 2022 Jan 26]. Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. Gov.in. [cited 2022 Feb 15]. Available from:
- Nitrazepam 5 mg Tablets [Internet]. Org.uk. [cited 2022 Feb 15]. Available from:
- PubChem. Nitrazepam [Internet]. Nih.gov. [cited 2022 Feb 15]. Available from:
- angas L, Kanto J, Lehtinen V, Salminen J. Long-term nitrazepam treatment in psychiatric out-patients with insomnia. Psychopharmacology (Berl) [Internet]. 1979 [cited 2022 Feb 15];63(1):63–6. Available from: