Niftas 100mg Tablets
Niftas Sr 100 MG Description
Niftas 100 tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It is used for the treatment and prevention of uncomplicated urinary tract infections. Niftas 100 contains nitrofurantoin as its active ingredient. It wor
ks by killing the bacteria that cause infection. Take Niftas 100 in correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed by the doctor. It must be taken with food or a glass of milk. You are supposed to complete the dosage duration prescribed by your physician. If you skip the dose or do not complete the course of Niftas 100, it may cause resistance and decrease the effectiveness of immediate treatment. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or are breastfeeding. Also, about all the medicines and supplements that you take and all the medical conditions, you have before starting tab Niftas 100.
- Nifuruti 100mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 79.00₹ 55.3055% CHEAPER₹ 5.53/Tablet
- Uriron Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 87.50₹ 61.2550% CHEAPER₹ 6.13/Tablet
- Nitrofur Sr Strip Of 14 TabletsBy Wanbury Ltd14 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 113.65₹ 96.6044% CHEAPER₹ 6.9/Tablet
- Uribid 100mg Tablets 15`sBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 220.50₹ 187.42₹ 12.49/Tablet
- Rezfuran 100mg Tablets 14'sBy Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd14 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 175.69₹ 149.3414% CHEAPER₹ 10.67/Tablet
- Nifutin 100mg TabletBy Ipca Laboratories10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 152.30₹ 129.45₹ 12.94/Tablet
- Surantoin 100mg Sr Tablets 10'sBy Septalyst Lifesciences Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 79.62₹ 79.6236% CHEAPER₹ 7.96/Tablet
- Xonift 100mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Corona Remedies Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 89.91₹ 89.9128% CHEAPER₹ 8.99/Tablet
- Utichek Sr 100mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 73.00₹ 73.0041% CHEAPER₹ 7.3/Tablet
- Uritop Sr 100mg TabletBy Astrum Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 89.90₹ 89.9028% CHEAPER₹ 8.99/Tablet
Uses of Niftas Sr 100 MG
Contraindications of Niftas Sr 100 MG
- If you are allergic to nitrofurantoin or any other ingredients of Niftas 100 tablet.
- If you have any problems with your kidney.
- If you are pregnant (final stages of pregnancy - labour or delivery).
- If you have a blood condition known as Porphyria.
- If you have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency.
- If you are breastfeeding a baby who has glucose-6-phosphate-dehydrogenase deficiency.
- If your baby is less than 3 months old.
Side effects of Niftas Sr 100 MG
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Niftas Sr 100 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are anaemic.
- You have any pre-existing medical condition such as diabetes, kidney diseases, etc.
- You have any history of allergic reactions.
- You are suffering from a condition that may cause weakness.
- Niftas 100 is not recommended for use in children who are less than 3 months old.
Mode of Action of Niftas Sr 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Niftas Sr 100 MG
- Niftas 100 should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water or milk.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It should be taken with food.
- It is advisable to take this medicine at a fixed time for optimal results and not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Niftas Sr 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Niftas 100 tablet if taken at the same time. You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction with Niftas 100 tablet....
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for indigestion like antacids, anti-gout medicines like probenecid, antibiotics like ciprofloxacin or levofloxacin, medicines like atropine that slow the passage of food through the stomach, acetazolamide (used in glaucoma), etc....
- Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.
Storage and disposal of Niftas Sr 100 MG
Dosage of Niftas Sr 100 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Niftas 100 tablet an antibiotic?
Q: Why can’t I stop taking Niftas 100 tablet if I feel I am recovering?
Q: What if my daily schedule interferes with taking Niftas 100 tablet?
Q: What is the composition of Niftas 100?
Q: Can Niftas 100 be given to children?
Q: Can Niftas 100 tablets on an empty stomach?
Q: Can I stop taking the Niftas 100 tablet if I feel I am recovering?
Q: Is Niftas 100 good for Urinary tract infection (UTI)?
Q: How long can I take Niftas?
Q: What are the side effects of Niftas 100?
- Nitrofurantoin 100 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Nitrofurantoin 100 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Tripathi K. Essentials of medical pharmacology. 7th ed. Antimicrobial Drugs: 688-849.