Niftas 100mg Tab
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Niftas tablet is an antibiotic that is used for the treatment and prevention of uncomplicated urinary tract infections. It contains Nitrofurantoin as its active ingredient which, works by killing the
bacteria that cause infection. Take this medicine in correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed by the doctor. It must be taken with food or a glass of milk. You are supposed to complete the dosage duration prescribed by your physician. If you skip the dose or do not complete the course, it may cause resistance and decrease the effectiveness of immediate treatment. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or are breastfeeding. Also, about all the medicines and supplements that you take and all the medical conditions, you have before starting this medicine....
Uses of Niftas 100mg Tab
Niftas tablet is used to prevent and treat uncomplicated urinary tract infections.
Contraindications of Niftas 100mg Tab
- If you are allergic to Nitrofurantoin or any other ingredients of Niftas tablet.
- If you have any problems with your kidney.
- If you are pregnant (final stages of pregnancy - labour or delivery).
- If you have a blood condition known as Porphyria.
- If you have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency.
- If you are breastfeeding a baby who has glucose-6-phosphate-dehydrogenase deficiency.
- If your baby is less than 3 months old.
Side effects of Niftas 100mg Tab
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Niftas 100mg Tab
Can I take Niftas tablet during pregnancy?
This medicine can be used during pregnancy only if prescribed by your doctor. It should however not be used at this stage of pregnancy (during labour or delivery) as it may harm the unborn baby. It is essential to always consult a doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Niftas tablet while breastfeeding?
As this medicine is known to pass into breast milk, you should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Niftas tablet?
This medicine may cause dizziness and drowsiness, hence you need to be cautious while driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Niftas tablet?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and medicine. However, long term use of alcohol weakens your immune system and body's response to pathogens and infections. Consult the doctor for more information if you drink too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are anaemic.
- You have ay pre-existing medical conditon such as diabetes, kidney diseases etc.
- You have any history of allergic reactions.
- You are suffering from a condition that may cause weakness.
- This medicine is not recommended for use in children who are less than 3 months old.
Mode of Action of Niftas 100mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Nitrofurantoin in Niftas tablet works by killing the growth of bacteria that causes infection.
Directions for Use of Niftas 100mg Tab
- This medicine should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water or milk.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It should be taken with food.
- It is advisable to take this medicine at a fixed time for optimal results and not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Niftas 100mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Niftas tablet if taken at the same time. You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction with Niftas tablet....Read more
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for indigestion like antacids, anti-gout medicines like probenecid, antibiotics like ciprofloxacin or levofloxacin, medicines like atropine that slow the passage of food through the stomach, acetazolamide (used in glaucoma) etc....Read more
- Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.
Storage and disposal of Niftas 100mg Tab
It should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat. Keep them out of reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Niftas 100mg Tab
An overdose of this medicine may cause symptoms like stomach irritation, nausea and vomiting. Contact your doctor or visit a nearby hospital if you experience any such symptoms or feel you have taken
too much of Niftas tablet....
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate
for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Niftas tablet an antibiotic?
A: Yes, this medicine is an antibiotic which is used in treating and preventing uncomplicated urinary tract infections.
Q: Why can’t I stop taking Niftas tablet if I feel I am recovering?
A: You need to continue taking this medicine until advised by your doctor. If you stop taking it before completing the treatment, it may lead to recurrence of infection.
Q: What if my daily schedule interferes with taking Niftas tablet?
A: Try to take your medicine at the same time every day. Try connecting your medicine with something you do every day, such as brushing your teeth at night or having your dinner. This may help you remember to take it. Keep a daily calendar or set an alarm clock to go at the time you need to take your medicine.
- Nitrofurantoin 100 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 20 July 2021]
- Nitrofurantoin 100 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 20 July 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 20 July 2021]
- Tripathi K. Essentials of medical pharmacology. 7th ed. Antimicrobial Drugs: 688-849.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 26 Jul 2021 | 07:16 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved