Martifur Strip Of 14 Tablets
Martifur 100 MG Description
Martifur tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It is used for the treatment of urinary tract infections caused due to bacterial organisms. Urinary tract infection is a common infection that happens when
microbes enter the urethra. It is characterized by a burning sensation or pain while urinating. Martifur tablet consists of nitrofurantoin as its active ingredient. It has a bactericidal action and works by preventing the growth of bacteria, thus resulting in killing the infection-causing organisms. While taking this medicine, you should drink plenty of water or other fluids to stay hydrated and practise good personal hygiene. Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor. You should take this medicine at the same time every day, to gain optimum benefits. Do not take more than the recommended dose or skip a dose. Before using the Martifur tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
- Urivron Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 80.95₹ 56.66₹ 5.67/Tablet
Uses of Martifur 100 MG
Contraindications of Martifur 100 MG
- If you are allergic to nitrofurantoin or any other ingredient of Martifur tablet.
- If you have any liver or kidney-related problems including jaundice.
- If you suffer from a blood-related disorder called acute porphyria.
- If you are pregnant or may be pregnant.
- This medicine should not be used in children.
Side effects of Martifur 100 MG
- Flatulence (gas)
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Martifur 100 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any respiratory system, kidney, liver-related problems.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You develop an allergic reaction after taking Martifur.
- You suffer from anaemia, diabetes or vitamin B deficiency or electrolyte imbalance.
- You develop any brain, kidney or liver-related problem after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Martifur 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Martifur 100 MG
- Martifur tablets should be taken as advised by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume more than the dose prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Martifur 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interact with Martifur tablets or this tablet itself can affect the way other medicines works.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements and herbals you are currently taking.
- Especially if you are taking antacids, water pills and anti gout medicines such as probenecid and sulfinpyrazone.
Storage and disposal of Martifur 100 MG
- Store Martifur tablets in a cool, dry and dark place.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Martifur 100 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Martifur tablet an antibiotic?
Q: What should I do to prevent urinary tract infections?
- Drink plenty of water every day to stay hydrated.
- Do not hold back urine and urinate when you feel the need.
- Women should wipe from front to back in order to avoid bacteria from getting in the vagina or urethra.
- Clean the genital area before and after sex and urinate after sex.
- Women should avoid using feminine hygiene sprays or scented products.
- Wear cotton underwear and loose-fitting clothes to help keep the area around the urethra dry.
Q: What is Martifur tablet used for?
Q: For how long should I take Martifur tablet?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 16 April 2022]
- Nitrofurantoin 100 mg Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 16 April 2022]
- Macrobid ® Capsules [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 16 April 2022]
- Suffering from a urinary tract infection? [Internet]. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2022 [cited 16 April 2022]
- Nitrofurantoin 100 mg Capsules - Patient information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 16 April 2022]