Uribid 100mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Uribid Sr 100 MG Description
Uribid 100 tablet is an antibiotic medicine used for the treatment and prevention of uncomplicated urinary tract infections. It contains nitrofurantoin as its active ingredient which works by killing
the bacteria that cause infection. Take this medicine in correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed by the doctor. It must be taken with food or a glass of milk. You are supposed to complete the dosage duration prescribed by your physician. If you skip the dose or do not complete the course, it may cause resistance and decrease the effectiveness of immediate treatment. Before using Uribid 100 tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹18.22 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Urinary tract infection|
|Side effects||Headache, drowsiness, fever, skin rash|
Uses of Uribid Sr 100 MG
Contraindications of Uribid Sr 100 MG
- If you are allergic to nitrofurantoin or any other ingredients of Uribid 100 tablet.
- If you have any problems with your kidney.
- If you have a blood condition known as Porphyria.
- If you are pregnant (final stages of pregnancy - labour or delivery).
- If you are breastfeeding a baby who has glucose-6-phosphate-dehydrogenase deficiency.
- If you have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency.
- This medicine should not be used in children less than 3 months old.
Side effects of Uribid Sr 100 MG
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Uribid Sr 100 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any pre-existing medical condition such as diabetes, kidney diseases, etc
- You have any history of allergic reactions
- You are anaemic
- You are suffering from a condition that may cause weakness
- Uribid 100 tablet is not recommended for use in children who are less than 3 months old
Mode of Action of Uribid Sr 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Uribid Sr 100 MG
- Uribid 100 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water or milk.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It should be taken with food.
- It is advisable to take this medicine at a fixed time for optimal results and not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Uribid Sr 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Uribid 100 tablet if taken at the same time. You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction with Uribid 100 tablet....
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for indigestion like antacids, anti-gout medicines like probenecid, antibiotics like ciprofloxacin or levofloxacin, medicines like atropine that slow the passage of food through the stomach, acetazolamide (used in glaucoma), etc....
- Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.
Storage and disposal of Uribid Sr 100 MG
Dosage of Uribid Sr 100 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Uribid 100 tablet an antibiotic?
Q: Why can’t I stop taking Uribid 100 tablet if I feel I am recovering?
Q: What is the composition of Uribid 100?
Q: Can Uribid 100 be given to children?
Q: Can Uribid 100 tablets on an empty stomach?
Q: Can I stop taking the Uribid 100 tablet if I feel I am recovering?
Q: Is Uribid 100 good for Urinary tract infection (UTI)?
- Nitrofurantoin 100 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 January 2022]
- Nitrofurantoin 100 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 January 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 11 January 2022]
- Tripathi K. Essentials of medical pharmacology. 7th ed. Antimicrobial Drugs: 688-849.