Nicotex 4mg Sugar Free Mint Plus Chew Gum 25`s
By CIPLA LIMITED
25 Chewing Gum(s) in Wrap
Inclusive of all taxes
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Nicotex chewing gum contains Nicotine as the active ingredient. It is used as nicotine replacement therapy (NRT). It used in the treatment of smoking cessation. It helps to get rid of withdrawal symptoms, which develops when you stop smoking or reduce the number of cigarette smoking. Do not use if you are allergic to any of the content of the medicine. Do not use if your age is below 12 years. Do not chew continuously. Chew and rest, let the medicine get absorbed through the mouth lining. Keep this gum out of reach of children. If by chance children swallow or suck it, rush to a nearby hospital immediately. Use the number of gums according to the cigarette you smoke. If you get any abnormal symptoms during the use of this gum, stop using it, do not smoke and consult your doctor immediately.
Uses of Nicotex 4mg Sugar Free Mint Plus Chew Gum 25`S
Nicotex chewing gum is used to relieve the symptoms related to nicotine withdrawal and to decrease the cravings for nicotine.
Contraindications of Nicotex 4mg Sugar Free Mint Plus Chew Gum 25`S
- If you are allergic to any of the content of Nicotex chewing gum.
- If your age is less than 12 years of age.
Side effects of Nicotex 4mg Sugar Free Mint Plus Chew Gum 25`S
- Soreness of mouth
- Throat irritation
- Taste disturbances
- Dry mouth
- Increased saliva
- Burning in the mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Nicotex 4mg Sugar Free Mint Plus Chew Gum 25`S
Can I take Nicotex chewing gum during pregnancy?
Always try and stop smoking without using NRT if you are pregnant or planning to have a baby. Still, if you want to stop smoking, it is better to use this chewing gum than smoking as it carries a lesser risk to your baby. However, it is better to take a doctor's advice before using this chewing gum if you are pregnant.
Can I take Nicotex chewing gum while breastfeeding?
Always try and stop smoking without using NRT if you are breastfeeding your baby. Still, if you want to stop smoking, it is better to use this chewing gum than smoking as it carries a lesser risk to your baby. Tobacco smoke can cause breathing difficulty and other health-related side effects to babies and children. If any of your family members also smoking, ask them to give it up with you.
Can I drive if I have consumed Nicotex chewing gum?
Generally, it does not interfere with the ability to drive, but if you feel dizzy or experience blurring of vision, do not drive or stop using heavy machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Nicotex chewing gum?
No, you should avoid consuming alcohol, as it may interfere with the effect of nicotine gum or may increase the chances of side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any heart problems (heart attack, rhythm problems, stroke, high blood pressure etc.)
- You have diabetes (monitor your blood sugar levels more often when you start using this medicine).
- You have ulcers in the stomach or intestine, any complaints like pain or swelling of the stomach and indigestion.
- You have any problems related to the liver or kidney.
- You have overacting thyroid gland.
- You have high blood pressure due to tumour-related to the gland near the kidney (pheochromocytoma- tumour of adrenal gland).
- You are taking any other medicines.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Nicotine can be very dangerous to children. Do not leave or throw your gum anywhere, as if children might get them. They can get very ill, and it may become fatal sometimes.
- This medicine should be used by adults and children above 12 years of age. However, it is always advisable to consult your doctor before using it.
Mode of Action of Nicotex 4mg Sugar Free Mint Plus Chew Gum 25`S
How Does It Work?
- When you are smoking cigarettes for a longer time, your body becomes dependent on nicotine. Now when you try to quit smoking, the body produces withdrawal symptoms like cravings (unpleasant feeling and strong desire to smoke), sleep disturbances, weight gain, persistent cough, flu-like symptoms, mood changes and constipation. Thus, it becomes difficult for the individual to get out of the nicotine craving cycle.read less
- Nicotine chewing gums helps you to get out of this craving cycle gradually. When you want to quit smoking, use nicotine gums and don’t smoke.
- When you use this chewing gum it releases nicotine into the mouth. This nicotine gets absorbed into the body from the lining of the mouth and helps to decrease the craving for smoking by decreasing the withdrawal symptoms. Although it will help in relieving the withdrawal symptoms, it will not give you that feeling of cigarette smoking.read less
Directions for Use of Nicotex 4mg Sugar Free Mint Plus Chew Gum 25`S
- Nicotex chewing gum should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Read the instructions on the label before usage.
Interactions of Nicotex 4mg Sugar Free Mint Plus Chew Gum 25`S
Interactions with other medicines
- Tell your doctor about any of the other medicine you are taking which includes medicine without prescription and herbal medicines as well, as these medicines may alter the effectiveness of Nicotex chewing gum or increase the chances of side effects.read less
- Tell your doctor if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines, including:
- Theophylline (used for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), Clozapine (used for mental illness), Ropinirole (used for Parkinson’s disease characterized by tremors and lack of movement).
- When you reduce or stop smoking your body metabolism slows down, which can increase the side effects of other medicines.
Storage and disposal of Nicotex 4mg Sugar Free Mint Plus Chew Gum 25`S
- Keep Nicotex chewing gums out of sight and reach of children.
- Store it below 30°C in the original package.
Dosage of Nicotex 4mg Sugar Free Mint Plus Chew Gum 25`S
- Take Nicotex chewing gum exactly as prescribed by your doctor or as per instruction on a leaflet.
- Overdose may increase the side effect of the medicine. You may feel nausea, vomiting, increased salivation, pain in your stomach, diarrhoea, sweating, headache, dizziness, hearing disturbance, weakness. If this happens stop using the gums and do not smoke. Contact a doctor immediately.read less
- If a child under 12 accidentally uses, swallows sucks or chews some of this medicine, take them to a hospital immediately. Take the medicine/gum with you. Nicotine ingestion by a child may cause severe poisoning.read less
Missed a Dose
Nicotex chewing gum is to be taken as and when needed. Hence missing a dose is unlikely.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Nicotex chewing gum?
A: Nicotex chewing gum is used in the treatment of smoking cessation. It helps to get rid of withdrawal symptoms, which develops when you stop smoking or reduce the number of cigarette smoking. At places when you crave smoking but you cannot, this gum helps to decrease craving.
Q: How Nicotex chewing gum works?
A: Nicotex chewing gum contains medicine knowns as Nicotine. It is one the group of the medicine known as nicotine replacement therapy (NRT). When you chew this gum slowly and intermittently, it releases nicotine, which gets absorbed through your mouth linings into your body. It does not give you the same feeling as smoking, but it decreases the cravings and withdrawal symptoms that arise due to decrease or stop smoking.
Q: What additional information should I know about Nicotex chewing gum?
- Nicotex chewing gum is not same as the ordinary chewing gum.
- If you chew the gum continuously, the nicotine will release quickly, and it will be swallowed. It will irritate your throat, upset your stomach and may produce hiccups. Chew the gum slowly until the taste becomes strong.read less
- Rest the gum between gums and cheek.
- When the taste fades, chew the gum again.
- The released nicotine should get absorbed through the lining of the mouth.
- If you have dentures, it may stick to them so use alternative methods like nicotine patches, inhaler, lozenges or micro tablet with the doctor's advice.
Other Products from this Brand
- Nicotex 4 Mg Mint Plus Flav Sf Gums 9 S
- Nicotex 2 Mg Mint Nicotine Gums Sugar Free Box Of 25 S
- Nicotex Nicotine Patch 14 Mg 7 S Pack
- Nicotex Nicotine Patch 7 Mg 7 S Pack
- Nicotex 2 Mg Mint Plus Nicotine Gums Sugar Free Strip Of 9 S
- Nicotex 2 Mg Paan Nicotine Gums Sugar Free Strip Of 9 S
- Nicotex 2 Mg Mint Nicotine Gums Sugar Free Strip Of 9 S
- Nicotex Plus Mint 2 Mg Tablet 9 S
- Nicotex Cinnamon Nicotine Gums Sugar Free Strip Of 9 S
- Nicotex 2 Mg Fruity Mint Nicotine Gums Sugar Free Strip Of 9 S
- Nicotex 4 Mg Sugar Free Paan Chew Gum
- Nicotex 4 Mg Sugar Free Classic Fresh Mint
- Nicotex 4 Mg Sugar Free Cinnamon Chew Gum
- Nicotex 4 Mg Chew Gum 10 S
Last Updated on: 29 Apr 2021 | 10:43 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved