Neuromas G Tablets
By COSMAS PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Neuromas G Tablets Description
Neuromas G Tab is a combination of Gabapentin and Methylcobalamin.
|You Save||₹16.50 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Gabapentin + Mecobalamin (Methylcobalamin)|
|Therapy||DRUG FOR PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY|
Check more medicines with composition as Gabapentin + Mecobalamin (Methylcobalamin)
Uses of Neuromas G Tablets
Treatment of neuropathic pain, a condition of abnormal painful sensation in different body parts due to damage in a part of the brain responsible for sensing the external stimuli.
Contraindications of Neuromas G Tablets
- If you are allergic to gabapentin, methylcobalamin, this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine
- If you have an eye disorder, due to excess consumption of tobacco especially cigar and pipe
- This medicine is not meant to treat anaemia, especially in pregnant women
Side effects of Neuromas G Tablets
- Confusion, depression, headache, dizziness and difficulty in movement
- Chest pain, feeling sick, tiredness, muscle and joint pain and fatigue
- Swelling of face and body parts, weight variations, rashes and itching
- Diarrhoea, constipation, indigestion, vomiting, dry mouth and sore throat
- Infection of eyes, lungs, throat, airways and urinary tract
- Blurred vision, high blood pressure, spinning of head and low blood sugar
Precautions and Warnings of Neuromas G Tablets
Can I take Neuromas G Tab during pregnancy?
It is advised not to take this medicine during pregnancy as it can interfere with the growth, development of the brain and other body parts of the fetus. Your doctor may give you this medicine only if the benefits outweigh the potential risk.
Can I take Neuromas G Tab while breastfeeding?
- It is recommended not to breastfeed during the treatment as it may harm the newborn baby.
- Your doctor will decide whether to discontinue breastfeeding or this medicine after accessing the benefits over risk.
Can I drive if I have consumed Neuromas G Tab?
After taking this medicine, you may experience dizziness, drowsiness or sometimes depression. Avoid driving or operating machinery, especially during initial days of treatment.
Can I consume alcohol with Neuromas G Tab?
It is advised not to consume alcohol during treatment with this medicine. It may worsen the side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you experience behavioral change and have suicidal thoughts after taking this medicine
- If you have a heart, kidney, liver, brain or breathing disorder
- If you develop stomach pain and discomfort after taking this medicine
- If you are an older adult, the risk of getting side effects are more
- If you experience severe allergic reactions like breathing difficulties, swelling and low blood pressure, immediately inform your doctor
- This medicine should not be stopped as it may lead to side effects like fits and other mental disturbances
Mode of Action of Neuromas G Tablets
How Does It Work?
Methylcobalamine is a form of vitamin B12 which helps in the formation of nerve cells and regeneration of damaged nerves in the brain. The exact mechanism of how gabapentin works is not known. However, it is known to act on specific receptors in the brain and reduce the release of chemicals in the brain responsible for the sensation of pain....
Directions for Use of Neuromas G Tablets
- Take this medicine as a whole with sufficient amount of water
- This medicine can be taken with or without meals
Interactions of Neuromas G Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- You may experience drowsiness if you are taking medicines like Morphine, you may require a lower dose of this medicine, talk to your doctor
- You may experience mood swings, anxiety and irritability if you are taking medicines to treat fits like Phenobarbitone, Primidone, Phenytoin and Ethyl phenacemide
- Antacids should be taken with a gap of two hours after consumption of this medicine
- This medicine should not be taken at the same time with antibiotics especially tetracycline as it can reduce the effectiveness of antibiotics
- Cough medicine like Hydrocodone, cancer medicines especially Methotrexate can reduce the effectiveness of this medicine
- Other medicines like Cholestyramine, Neomycin, Cimetidine, Ranitidine, Metformin and Nitrous oxide can interact with the action of this medicine
Storage and disposal of Neuromas G Tablets
- Store this medicine below 30°C and protect it from light
Dosage of Neuromas G Tablets
Symptoms of overdose include double vision, slurred speech, drowsiness, laziness or sometimes diarrhoea. Consult your doctor if you experience any such symptoms or reach out to your nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is neuropathic pain? How can I differentiate it from muscle pain?
A: Neuropathic pain occurs due to damage or injury of the nerves responsible for transferring information to the brain and spinal cord from the skin, muscles and other body parts. It is spontaneous in origin and occurs in the absence of any injury or trauma. Typically the pain feels like burning, stabbing and shooting. The patient may describe it as 'pins and needles'. It is usually associated with nerve damage due to surgery or trauma, viral infections, cancer, vascular malformations and diabetes. It may also be a side effect of certain medications.
Q: Is there anything else I need to know before using Neuromas G Tab?
- When you are taking this medicine, it is advised to use contraception to avoid pregnancy
- Components of this medicine can cause dependence and you are advised to be cautious if you are taking this medicine for a long period.
- This medicine should not be stopped suddenly and a gradual reduction of the dose is advisable to avoid side effects like fits and other mental problems.
- CDSCO. Methylcobalamin and Gabapentin. [Accessed on 5.May.2020] (online)
- NIH. Vitamin B12. [Accessed on 5.May.2020] (online)
- Biocon. Methylcobalamin and Gabapentin. [Accessed on 5.May.2020] (online)
- USFDA. Gabapentin. [Accessed on 5.May.2020] (online)
- Ema SmPC. Gabapentin. [Accessed on 5.May.2020] (online)
What Causes Queefing: Unraveling Myths and Understanding the Facts
Key Highlights: Introduction Think of queefing as just a release of gas from the vagina. It’s common and normal. It is experienced by many women. There’s no reason to feel embarrassed or worried about it. It’s not always a sign that something’s wrong. In this article, we’ll cover the topic thoroughly. We’ll talk about why
Why Do We Have Wisdom Teeth? Unraveling the Mystery with Science
Key Highlights: Introduction Wisdom teeth have long captivated researchers, dentists, and everyday people alike. Although these teeth often cause more harm than good, they continue to grow in most of us. In this article, we will explore the scientific reasons behind the existence of wisdom teeth, the evolution of human jaws and diets, potential issues
Benefits of Tongue Scraping: A Guide to Better Oral Health
Key Highlights: Introduction We can’t ignore the impact of oral health on our general well-being. We may be able to boost our oral health with simple practices like tongue scraping. Despite the routine brushing and mouth rinsing, cleaning the tongue often gets side-stepped. Let’s delve into why tongue scraping may be beneficial. We’ll discuss its
Benefits of Getting Off Birth Control: A Research-Based Overview
Key Highlights: Introduction The first pill to avoid having babies was formulated about in the early 20th century. Since then, birth control has become a common way to plan families. As of today, many options are available for family planning. People weigh the pros and cons of hormonal birth control as compared to these other
Mysterious Flu-like Illness Is Doing the Rounds in China: Here’s What You Should Know
Introduction Barely two years after the last great outbreak of COVID-19, China is once again in the news as reports of a respiratory illness that seems to be pneumonia are emerging from the country. Naturally, people are eager for details and governments are monitoring the situation. Who is falling sick in China, why is the
Presenting our Lucky Hours Winners For November 23-25, 2023
At PharmEasy, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As your healthcare and wellness partner, your health and well-being matter the most to us. To help you take it easy with your healthcare needs and enjoy guaranteed savings – the idea of ‘Lucky Hour’ was born. During our ‘Lucky Hours,’ the lucky
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.