Nepachek Eye Drops
By INDOCO REMEDIES LTD
5ml Eye Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Nepachek Eye Drop contains nepafenac as its active ingredient. It is used to treat pain and inflammation (swelling, redness) due to cataract surgery. You need to use this medicine as advised by the doctor. Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to it. Avoid wearing contact lenses & being in the sunlight for a too long while on treatment. Before using this medicine, please discuss it with your doctor if you have any other eye conditions....
|You Save||₹34.74 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Pain and inflammation in the eye after surgery|
|Side effects||Blurred vision, Itching, eye discomfort|
Check more medicines with composition as Nepafenac(0.1 %)
8 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Nepachek Eye Drops
Uses of Nepachek 0.1 %
Nepachek Eye Drop is used to prevent and relieve eye pain and inflammation (swelling, redness) that is associated with cataract surgery.
Contraindications of Nepachek 0.1 %
- If you are allergic to nepafenac or any other ingredients of Nepachek Eye Drop.
- If you are allergic to any other NSAIDs (painkiller medicines) like aspirin, ibuprofen, ketoprofen, diclofenac, etc.
- If you have developed asthma, skin allergy, etc after using other NSAID medicines (painkillers).
Side effects of Nepachek 0.1 %
- Itching of the eyes
- Blurred vision
- Irritation in the eyes
- Eye discomfort
Precautions and Warnings of Nepachek 0.1 %
Can I use Nepachek Eye Drop during pregnancy?
Nepachek Eye Drop is not recommended during pregnancy as there is limited information about its effects in human pregnancy. Women who may get pregnant are advised to use proper birth control measures (contraception). Please consult your doctor before using any medicine.
Can I use Nepachek Eye Drop while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if Nepafenac passes into breast milk, please consult your doctor before using this medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have used Nepachek Eye Drop?
You may experience visual disturbances like blurred vision and the inability to recognize objects properly. Therefore, you should avoid driving until your vision is clear.
Can I consume alcohol after using Nepachek Eye Drop?
There is no information available on the interaction of this medicine with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any other eye problems.
- You have diabetes.
- You have rheumatoid arthritis.
- You had eye surgery.
- You have bleeding problems, or you bruise easily.
- You need to avoid wearing contact lenses after cataract surgery.
- You need to avoid sunlight while on treatment with this medicine.
- You experience irritation, pain, redness of the eye and changes in vision occur or your condition worsens after using this medicine. Then you may need to discontinue the treatment.
- Nepachek Eye Drop is not recommended for use in patients below 18 years.
Mode of Action of Nepachek 0.1 %
How Does It Work?
Nepafenac in Nepachek Eye Drop works by blocking the production of certain natural substances, known as prostaglandins in the body which is responsible for pain, swelling and redness in the eye.
Directions for Use of Nepachek 0.1 %
- Use Nepachek Eye Drop as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow the directions carefully & do not miss doses.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- Shake well before use.
- Read the instructions on the label before usage.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper and keep it clean.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
- If you are prescribed any other eye drops, you need to keep an interval of at least 5 minutes between both the drops.
Interactions of Nepachek 0.1 %
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction with Nepachek Eye Drop.
- Use of this medicine along with medicines such as Latanoprost, Travoprost is not recommended.
- This medicine, when used along with blood thinners like warfarin, aspirin may increase the risk of bleeding.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with topical NSAIDs like diclofenac and steroids like hydrocortisone, mometasone should be used with caution.
- If you use another eye drop product concomitantly with this medicine, keep a minimum gap of 15 minutes between the application of both the medicines.
Storage and disposal of Nepachek 0.1 %
- Store Nepachek Eye Drop below 30°C in a clean and dry place.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not use the eye drops once the expiry date has passed and discard it properly.
- You need to discard the medicine 4 weeks from first opening it.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice the contents are of a different colour in any way or if particles are present.
Dosage of Nepachek 0.1 %
If you feel you have instilled these eye drops more than you should, rinse your eyes with warm water and do not put in any more drops until it is time for your next dose.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose, use it as soon as possible. Do not use a double dose of this medicine just to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Nepachek Eye Drop be used with contact lenses?
A: No, you should remove contact lenses and then instill the eye drops.
Q: Can I use Nepachek Eye Drop frequently?
A: Nepachek Eye Drop should be used only as frequently as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: What is the use of Nepachek Eye Drop?
A: Nepachek Eye Drop is used for the treatment of pain and inflammation associated with cataract surgery.
Q: How long can I use the Nepachek Eye Drop?
A: Nepachek eye drop should be used for as long as prescribed by the doctor. It is usually used for up to 2 weeks after eye surgery. Do not exceed the recommended duration.
Q: Can I use the Nepachek for dry eyes?
A: No, you should not use the Nepachek for dry eyes. It is used to prevent and relieve eye pain, irritation and redness associated with cataract eye surgery. You should not use any eye drop without consulting a doctor.
Q: What are the side effects of Nepachek Eye Drop?
A: Itching & irritation in the eyes, blurred vision or eye discomfort are a few common side effects that can be seen during the treatment. However, these symptoms are usually mild and resolve on your own.
- Nevanac 1mg/ml eye drops, suspension - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 10 May 2022]
- Nevanac 1mg/ml eye drops, suspension - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 10 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 10 May 2022]