Neksium 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By ASTRAZENECA PHARMA INDIA LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Neksium 40 Tablet is a medicine used to reduce stomach acid. It contains Esomeprazole as its active ingredient. It a proton pump inhibitor and blocks the proton pumps in the stomach wall responsible for the production of acid. It also has anti-acid reflux actions. It is used to treat stomach ulcers, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and other acidity related problems. This medicine works best when taken on an empty stomach. You should tell your doctor about your medical history, if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take or might take.
Uses of Neksium 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- For the treatment of ulcers in the stomach and intestine.
- Provide relief from Heartburn, pain and chest pain due to acid reflux disease such as GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease).
- Treatment of Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, a condition of increased acid production in the stomach due to a tumour.
- Treatment of ulcers due to excessive use of pain killers and certain antibiotics.
- To eradicate infection of a bacteria, H. Pylori which if left untreated can cause ulcers.
Contraindications of Neksium 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Esomeprazole or any other ingredient of Neksium 40 Tablet.
- If you are taking anti-HIV medicine Nelfinavir.
Side effects of Neksium 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Dry Mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Neksium 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take the Neksium 40 Tablet during pregnancy?
Neksium 40 Tablet can be used during pregnancy. However, it should only be used after the recommendation of a doctor after assessing if this medicine is beneficial and will not harm the unborn child.
Can I take the Neksium 40 Tablet while breastfeeding?
Neksium tablet should not be used by lactating mothers as it is not known if this medicine passes into human milk and can have undesirable effects on the nursing infant.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Neksium 40 Tablet?
Neksium 40 Tablet shows side effects like dizziness and blurred vision which can affect the driving ability. If you experience any such symptoms, do not drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Neksium 40 Tablet?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol, drinking alcohol increases the acidity further and worsen issues related to the digestive system. Hence, alcohol should be avoided.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are allergic to the active ingredient Esomeprazole.
- You have unexplained weight loss, frequent vomiting, difficulty in swallowing and blood vomitings.
- You are undergoing long term treatment of this medicine.
- You are undergoing treatment for a bacterial infection caused by H. pylori and are using an antibiotic called Clarithromycin.
- You develop stomach infections after using Neksium 40 Tablets.
- You have a vitamin B12 deficiency. The use of Neksium can result in very low levels of Vitamin B12 in prolonged therapy.
- You have a magnesium deficiency. It can result in very low levels of magnesium characterised by weakness, fits and irregular heartbeats.
- You are an elderly patient on a long term therapy. It increases the risk of fracture of hip, wrist and spine bones.
- You have a skin disorder, Subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosus characterised by rash on areas of the skin exposed to the Sun.
- You are using anti-HIV medicines like Atazanavir or Nelfinavir.
Mode of Action of Neksium 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Neksium 40 Tablet contains Esomeprazole. Esomeprazole works on the acid pumps present in the stomach cells. It inhibits the enzymes present in these acid pumps, thereby lowering the acid secretion.
Directions for Use of Neksium 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Take Neksium 40 Tablet on an empty stomach as a whole with a glass of water. It is recommended to take this medicine a minimum 30min before mealtime.
Interactions of Neksium 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Digoxin, a medicine used to treat heart failure with Neksium 40 Tablet increases the effect of Digoxin and may result in toxicity.
- The use of Anti-HIV medicines like Atazanavir and Nelfinavir with this medicine can decrease the effect of the Anti-HIV medicines.
- Sompraz can increase the effect of Phenytoin, a medicine used to control fits, Voriconazole (antifungal) and Diazepam, a medicine used for a psychiatric disorder.
- The blood-thinning action of Warfarin is increased when used together with Sompraz and there is a risk of bleeding.
- Monitoring is recommended when initiating and ending concomitant use of Neksium 40 Tablets.
- Other medicines such as Cisapride (used for constipation), Clopidogrel & Cliostazal (Blood-thinner), Tacrolimus and Methotrexate (Immunosuppressants) should be used cautiously with Neksium 40 Tablets.
Storage and disposal of Neksium 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Neksium 40 Tablets at room temperature.
- Store in the original packaging to protect from moisture.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Neksium 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
An overdose of Neksium 40 Tablet can result in symptoms like weakness and stomach discomforts. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit your nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What special precautions should be followed while taking the Neksium 40 Tablet?
A: Make sure to follow the doctor's advice and instructions while taking Neksium 40 Tablet as taking it for long may cause Clostridium difficile infection, diarrhoea, atrophic gastritis and malabsorption syndrome.
Q: When and how should Neksium 40 Tablet be taken?
A: Take Neksium 40 Tablet on an empty stomach at least 30min before a meal.
Q: What specific information should I give my doctor before starting Neksium 40 Tablet?
- Let your doctor know if you are on any medications or supplements currently. Also, share with him if you have any of the following: A personal/family history of stomach cancer.
- A history of HIV/AIDS, cirrhosis of the liver or any other critical medical condition.
Q: How long can Neksium 40 Tablet be taken?
A: It takes somewhere between 5 days to 1 week to start working. Duration is usually in courses of a month to 6 months depending upon the condition. The course period may be extended too.
Q: Can Neksium 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets be used for bloating?
A: No, Neksium 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets is not used to treat bloating. It is used to treat symptoms of excessive acid secretion in the stomach.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 03 Mar 2021 | 11:21 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved