Esomac 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Esomac 40 MG Description
Esomac 40 tablet contains Esomeprazole as its active ingredient. It belongs to the class of medicines known to lower acid production in the stomach. This tablet is used to treat acid reflux diseases,
stomach and intestinal ulcers due to excessive use of painkillers and antibiotics and to eradicate a bacterium called H. pylori to reduce the risk of intestinal ulcers. It is used in the treatment of a condition called Zollinger-Ellison syndrome characterised by excessive stomach acid production due to a tumour in the pancreas. If you are allergic to this medicine, then avoid taking it. Take this medicine in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed by the doctor. It should be taken without food.
- Esomefol 40mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 75.00₹ 63.7538.71% CHEAPER₹ 6.38/Tablet
Uses of Esomac 40 MG
- For the treatment of ulcers in the stomach and intestine.
- Provide relief from heartburn, pain and chest pain due to acid reflux disease such as GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease).
- Treatment of Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, a condition of increased acid production in the stomach due to a tumour.
- Treatment of ulcers due to excessive use of painkillers and certain antibiotics.
- To eradicate infection of a bacterium, H. Pylori, which if left untreated, can cause ulcers.
Contraindications of Esomac 40 MG
Side effects of Esomac 40 MG
- Stomach pain
- Dry Mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Esomac 40 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are undergoing a long-term treatment of this medicine.
- You are using anti-HIV medicines like Atazanavir or Nelfinavir.
- You develop stomach infections after using Esomac 40 tablets.
- You have unexplained weight loss, frequent vomiting, difficulty in swallowing and blood vomitings.
- You are an elderly patient on long-term therapy. It increases the risk of fracture of hip, wrist and spine bones.
- You are undergoing treatment for a bacterial infection caused by H. pylori and are using an antibiotic called Clarithromycin.
- You have a vitamin B12 deficiency. Using Esomac 40 tablets can result in very low levels of Vitamin B12 in prolonged therapy.
- You have a skin disorder, Subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosus, characterised by a rash on areas of skin exposed to the sun.
- You have a magnesium deficiency. It can result in very low levels of magnesium characterised by weakness, fits and irregular heartbeats.
- Esomac 40 tablet is not recommended for children under the age of 12 years.
Directions for Use of Esomac 40 MG
- Esomac 40 tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken on an empty stomach.
- Take it at a fixed time for optimal results and do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Storage and disposal of Esomac 40 MG
- Store Esomac 40 tablets at room temperature.
- Store in the original packaging to protect it from moisture.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Esomac 40 MG
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Esomac 40 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Esomac 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Digoxin, a medicine used to treat heart failure with Esomac 40 tablet increases the effect of Digoxin and may result in toxicity.
- The use of Anti-HIV medicines like Atazanavir and Nelfinavir with this medicine can decrease the effect of Anti-HIV medicines.
- Esomac 40 tablet can increase the effect of Phenytoin, a medicine used to control fits, Voriconazole (antifungal) and Diazepam, a medicine used for a psychiatric disorder.
- The blood-thinning action of Warfarin is increased when used together with Esomac 40 tablet and there is a risk of bleeding.
- Monitoring is recommended when initiating and ending concomitant use of Esomac 40 tablets.
- Other medicines such as Cisapride (used for constipation), Clopidogrel & Cliostazal (Blood thinners), Tacrolimus and Methotrexate (Immunosuppressants) should be used cautiously with Esomac 40 tablets.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When should I take Esomac 40?
Q: Can I give the Esomac 40 tablet to my 7-year-old child?
Q: Does Esomac 40 tablet reduce gas?
Q: Does Esomac 40 tablet cause liver pain?
Q: What is the Esomac 40 tablet used for?
Q: What does Esomac 40 tablet contain Omeprazole or Esomaprazole?
Q: What are the side effects of Esomac 40?
Q: What does Esomac 40 treat?
Q: How do I take Esomac 40?
Other Products from this Brand
- ESOMAC HP STRIP OF 6 TABLET COMBIKIT
- ESOMAC 20MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- ESOMAC IV 40MG VIAL OF 0.04GM POWDER FOR INJECTION
- ESOMAC L 40MG STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- ESOMAC 40MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- ESOMAC 10MG SACHET OF 1GM GRANULES
- ESOMAC HP 1GM STRIP OF 6 COMBIKIT TABLETS
- ESOMAC 10MG SACHET OF 3.2GM GRANULES
- ESOMAC 20MG GRANULES