Nebilong Am Tablet
Nebilong Am Tablet Description
Nebilong Am Tablet is a blood pressure-lowering medicine that is used to treat high blood pressure. It contains a combination of nebivolol and amlodipine as its active ingredients that work by relaxi
g the blood vessels. It also lowers the heart rate which makes pumping of blood by the heart easier. Nebilong Am Tablets should not be used in children under 18 years of age. Follow your doctor's instructions and take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as prescribed. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
- Nebi Am TabletBy Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 115.00₹ 97.7515% CHEAPER₹ 9.78/Tablet
- Nodon Am 5/5mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 260.00₹ 221.00₹ 14.73/Tablet
- Nebula Am TabletBy Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 207.35₹ 176.25₹ 17.63/Tablet
Uses of Nebilong Am Tablet
Contraindications of Nebilong Am Tablet
- If you are allergic to nebivolol, amlodipine, or any other ingredient of Nebilong Am Tablet.
- If you are allergic to dihydropyridine derivatives like nifedipine, amlodipine. If you are not sure what these medicines are, please confirm with your doctor.
- If you have very low blood pressure.
- If you have heart failure after a heart attack.
- If you have narrowing of the aortic heart valve or your heart is unable to supply enough blood to the body.
- If you have liver disease.
- If you have a very slow heartbeat (less than 60 beats per minute).
- If you have or had asthma or wheezing.
- If you have a serious complication of diabetes called diabetic ketoacidosis or any other metabolic acidosis.
- If you have a tumour in your adrenal gland which is located on top of your kidneys.
Side effects of Nebilong Am Tablet
Precautions and Warnings of Nebilong Am Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have liver disease, diabetes, thyroid disorders, or a skin condition called psoriasis.
- You have any heart disease, heart failure, your heart rate is very slow, or you had a recent heart attack.
- You have a heart disease where the blood supply to your heart is reduced.
- You have a condition known as a hypertensive crisis where there is a severe increase in blood pressure.
- You are elderly.
- You have a condition called Raynaud's disease where your toes and fingers become numb due to poor blood circulation.
- You have a type of chest pain due to spontaneously occurring heart cramps.
- You have pain, tension, and weakness in the legs when walking which is relieved by rest.
- You have lung problems like bronchitis or chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder.
Mode of Action of Nebilong Am Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Nebilong Am Tablet contains nebivolol and amlodipine as its active ingredients.
- Nebivolol works by blocking the activity of certain proteins in the heart, lungs, pancreas, liver, and blood circulation system. It also lowers the heart rate which makes it easier for the heart to pump blood. ...
- amlodipine relaxes the blood vessels so blood passes through them more easily. This causes the lowering of blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Nebilong Am Tablet
- Take this medicine as a whole with sufficient water.
- Always take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Nebilong Am Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Nebilong Am Tablet works, or Nebilong Am Tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Nebilong Am Tablet should not be taken along with grapefruit or grapefruit juice, medicines used to treat abnormal heart rhythm (quinidine, cibenzoline), local pain relief (lidocaine), high blood pressure (clonidine). ...
- The use of Nebilong Am Tablet with medicines for fungal infections (clotrimazole, ketoconazole), bacterial infection (erythromycin, clarithromycin), HIV/AIDS (ritonavir, saquinavir), heart-related chest pain (verapamil, diltiazem) may increase the effect of Nebilong Am Tablet in the body. ...
- Particular care should be taken if you take medicines for tuberculosis (rifampicin), depression (St.John's wort, phenobarbital, amitriptyline), immune system alteration (tacrolimus, cyclosporine), high/abnormal cholesterol levels (simvastatin), mental disorders (prochlorperazine), diabetes (insulin, metformin), muscle relaxation (baclofen), heart failure (digoxin), chemotherapy adjunct (amifostine), other medicines for high blood pressure (amlodipine, acebutolol), volatile anaesthetic agents (isoflurane, desflurane). ...
- Nebilong Am Tablet should not be co-administered with intravenous dantrolene in individuals with severe reactions to anaesthetic medicines.
Storage and disposal of Nebilong Am Tablet
- Store in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Nebilong Am Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the risk factors for developing high blood pressure?
Q: What does Nebilong Am Tablet do to the heart?
Q: What food and drinks should I avoid if I am taking medicines for high blood pressure?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 28 July 2022]
- Nebivolol 5mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 28 July 2022]
- Nebivolol 5mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 28 July 2022]
- Amlodipine 5mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 28 July 2022]
- Amlodipine 5mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 28 July 2022]