Naprocap 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By MIRACALUS PHARMA PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Naprocap 500 MG Description
Naprocap Tablet an anticancer medicine which is used in the treatment of colorectal and breast cancer. It contains capecitabine as its active medicine. gets converted into 5-fluorouracil (active medi
cine) in the body. 5-fluorouracil hampers the synthesis of RNA and DNA in the cancer cells, which hampers their growth. This slows down the growth of cancer cells and eventually kills them.
|Uses||Colorectal and breast cancer|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea Vomiting Nausea Stomatitis Abdominal pain|
Check more medicines with composition as Capecitabine(500.0 Mg)
Uses of Naprocap 500 MG
Naprocap Tablet is used in the treatment of colorectal and breast cancer.
Contraindications of Naprocap 500 MG
- If you are allergic to capecitabine or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you previously have had severe reactions to fluoropyrimidine therapy (a group of anticancer
- medicines such as fluorouracil).
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have severely low levels of white cells or platelets in the blood (leucopenia, neutropenia
- or thrombocytopenia).
- If you have severe liver or kidney problems.
- If you know that you do not have any activity of the enzyme dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase
- (DPD) (complete DPD deficiency).
- If you are being treated now or have been treated in the last 4 weeks with brivudine as part of
- herpes zoster (chickenpox or shingles) therapy.
Side effects of Naprocap 500 MG
- Abdominal pain
Precautions and Warnings of Naprocap 500 MG
Can I take Naprocap Tablet during pregnancy?
Naprocap Tablet should be avoided in pregnancy. During treatment with this injection and after 6 months and at least 6 months afterwards women of childbearing potential are advised to use an effective method of contraception.
Can I take Naprocap Tablet while breastfeeding?
Naprocap Tablet should not be used while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Naprocap Tablet?
It is highly unlikely that Naprocap Tablet will affect your ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Naprocap Tablet?
No known interactions with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You know that you or your family member have a partial deficiency in the activity of the enzyme dihydropyrimidine
- dehydrogenase (DPD)
- You have liver or kidney diseases
- You have or had heart problems (for example an irregular heartbeat or pains to the chest, jaw
- and back brought on by physical effort and due to problems with the blood flow to the heart)
- You have brain diseases (for example, cancer that has spread to the brain, or nerve damage (neuropathy)
- You have calcium imbalances (seen in blood tests)
- You have diabetes
- You cannot keep food or water in your body because of severe nausea and vomiting
- You have diarrhoea
- You are or become dehydrated
- You have imbalances of ions in your blood (electrolyte imbalances, seen in tests)
- You have a history of eye problems as you may need extra monitoring of your eyes
- You have a severe skin reaction.
- Do not give Naprocap to children and adolescents.
Mode of Action of Naprocap 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Naprocap Tablet gets converted into 5-fluorouracil (active medicine) in the body. 5-fluorouracil hampers the synthesis of RNA and DNA in the cancer cells, which hampers their growth. This slows down the growth of cancer cells and eventually kills them....
Directions for Use of Naprocap 500 MG
- Take this medicine as a whole with sufficient water.
- Always take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Naprocap 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Naprocap Tablet works, or Naprocap Tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- You must not take brivudine (an anti-viral medicine for the treatment of shingles or chickenpox) at the same time as Naprocap Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Naprocap 500 MG
Store in a cool and dry place below 30°C away from direct sunlight. Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Naprocap 500 MG
Symptoms of overdose may include nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea and mucositis. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of the medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Naprocap Tablet?
A: Naprocap Tablet is used in the treatment of colorectal and breast cancer.
Q: What is the composition of Naprocap Tablet?
A: Naprocap Tablet is a anticancer medicine containing capecitabine as its active medicine.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed