Myospaz Forte Tablet
Myospaz forte tablet is used for the symptomatic treatment of painful muscle spasms associated with musculoskeletal conditions and to reduce swelling and inflammation of joints and bones. It is also used to relieve pain after operations and surgeries. A few more tablets that also contain diclofenac, paracetamol and chlorzoxazone are Mobizox tablets and Lomasure 500mg tablets.
Myospaz Forte tablet is a combination medicine containing diclofenac, paracetamol and chlorzoxazone. It works by interfering with the production of chemicals responsible for inflammatory reactions, such as prostaglandins, relaxes the muscles and reduces the signals to the brain from the site of pain/injury.
It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting the Myospaz Forte tablet.
|You Save||₹46.05 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Chlorzoxazone(500.0 Mg) + Diclofenac(50.0 Mg) + Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(325.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Joint and muscular pain|
|Side effects||Dizziness, lightheadedness, nausea, vomiting, weakness|
- Lomasure 500mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 69.00₹ 69.0073.56% CHEAPER₹ 6.9/Tablet
- Mobizox TabletBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 216.00₹ 183.6029.66% CHEAPER₹ 18.36/Tablet
- Powergesic Mr TabletBy Jenburkt Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 183.00₹ 155.5540.38% CHEAPER₹ 15.56/Tablet
Uses of MYOSPAZ FORTE TABLET
Contraindications of MYOSPAZ FORTE TABLET
- If you are allergic to Diclofenac, Paracetamol, Chlorzoxazone or any ingredient of Myospaz Forte tablet
- If you are experiencing bleeding from the stomach and intestine or have an active peptic ulcer
- If you are allergic to other painkillers such as aspirin and have experienced severe asthma, rashes or any other allergy
- If you are suffering from any heart disease like heart failure and high blood pressure
- If you have problems with kidney and liver function
- If you are pregnant or elderly (65 years of age or older)
- This medicine should not be used for pain during and after bypass surgery of the heart.
Side effects of MYOSPAZ FORTE TABLET
- Liver problem
Precautions and Warnings of MYOSPAZ FORTE TABLET
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney or liver problems.
- You have heart problems like high blood pressure and heart failure.
- You are an elderly patient taking diuretics or have a kidney disorder, this medicine can increase the risk of kidney failure.
- Your doctor may ask you to do renal function tests for the same.
- You are suffering from gastrointestinal problems like bleeding, ulcers in the intestine (perforation) or Crohn's disease or you are passing black tarry stools.
- You have asthma and this medicine can worsen the same.
- You are an alcoholic then concomitant use of this medicine can damage the liver.
- You have disorders related to blood like clotting problems and anaemia.
- You have skin rashes & lesions after taking this medicine.
Directions for Use of MYOSPAZ FORTE TABLET
Storage and disposal of MYOSPAZ FORTE TABLET
- Myospaz Forte tablets should be store below 30°C
- It should be kept away from moisture and heat
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Quick Tips of MYOSPAZ FORTE TABLET
- Myospaz Forte tablet is a pain-reducing medicine used to treat painful muscle cramps associated with musculoskeletal conditions. Do not take this medicine for any other condition other than that prescribed by your doctor. ...
- Take it at the exact recommended dose. Do not exceed the stated dose. Taking more than the daily dose may cause serious liver problems or allergic reactions.
- This medicine is not recommended for use in children less than 10 years of age.
- Tell your doctor if you have a history or have an alcohol addiction.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant, or breastfeeding before taking this medicine. Also, inform about your medical history, especially if you have heart or blood vessel-related disorders....
- If you have a history of ulcers or gastrointestinal bleeding, or you notice blood in your stools or vomit, talk to your doctor immediately.
- Do not take any other paracetamol-containing products while taking Myospaz Forte tablet.
Dosage of MYOSPAZ FORTE TABLET
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of MYOSPAZ FORTE TABLET
How Does It Work?
- Myospaz Forte works by the combined action of its three components. Diclofenac and Paracetamol inhibit the synthesis of prostaglandins, which are responsible for causing pain, swelling, and inflammation thus offering anti-inflammatory properties....
- Chlorzoxazone is a muscle relaxant that works by blocking the signals of painful sensation through the nerve to the brain and reduces pain and stiffness.
Interactions of MYOSPAZ FORTE TABLET
Interactions with other medicines
- Do not take any other medicines containing Paracetamol or Diclofenac as there is a risk of liver damage.
- If you are taking medicines for high blood pressure, this medicine can interfere with their effect.
- Medicines like water pills can lead to kidney damage when taken along with them.
- Caution is needed if you are taking medicines to treat heart failure.
- This medicine can increase the levels of lithium and methotrexate. Discuss with your doctor before starting the treatment.
- Medicines used to modify immune response during organ transplant like ciclosporin & tacrolimus can result in kidney damage if taken with this medicine.
- Increased risk of stomach ulcers or bleeding when taken with steroids or other pain relief medicines like Aspirin.
- There is a risk of bleeding if you are taking blood-thinning medicines like Warfarin and Coumarin.
- Increased risk of fits if you are taking this medicine with antibiotics like Levofloxacin and Ciprofloxacin.
- If you are taking medicines to treat diabetes, be cautious about symptoms of low glucose levels like sweating, anxiety, fast heartbeat and hunger pangs.
- Medicines used to treat fits, seizures & depression-like Phenobarbital, Carbamazepine, Phenytoin and Clonazepam should be used with caution as Myospaz Forte can increase the side effects of these medicines....
- Medicine used to treat gout like Probenecid, medicines used to treat a bacterial infections like Chloramphenicol, Rifampicin and HIV infections like Zidovudine should be used cautiously.
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions do I need to take before taking Myospaz Forte tablet?
Q: Can I take Myospaz Forte tablets for a toothache?
Q: How do Myospaz Forte tablets work?
Q: Can I take my regular painkillers along with Myospaz Forte tablets?
Q: Can Myospaz Forte tablets be used by epileptic patients?
Q: Will Myospaz forte tablet make me sleepy?
Q: I am suffering from high blood pressure, can I take Myospaz forte tablets?
Q: Will Myospaz forte tablets relieve my lower back pain?
Q: What is the difference between Myospaz and Myospaz forte?
Q: Does Myospaz forte cause nausea and vomiting?
Q: Can I take Myospaz on an empty stomach?
Q: How many times can I take Myospaz?
Q: How long can one take Myospaz?
Q: Is Myospaz Forte a steroid?
- Bluecross Laboratories. Diclofenac+Paracetamol+Chlorzoxazone [Internet]. Bluecrosslabs.com. 2021 [cited 12 August 2021]
- Ciplamed. CIP-ZOX tablets [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 12 August 2021]
- Dailymed - CHLORZOXAZONE tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 12 August 2021]
- Diclofenac Potassium 50 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 August 2021]
- Diclofenac Potassium 50 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 August 2021]
- Anadin Paracetamol Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 August 2021]
- Anadin Paracetamol Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 August 2021]