Moxilong 0.2mg Tablet
By MICRO LABS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Moxilong 0.2 MG Description
Moxilong Tablet contains moxonidine. It is used to treat high blood pressure. It works by relaxing the blood vessels, reducing blood pressure. It should not be used in children below 16 years of age
and by nursing mothers. Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing heart disease or disorder and are on any medication. Take the prescribed dose for the prescribed duration to obtain optimal benefits of this medicine. You may experience symptoms like dry mouth, dizziness, headache, diarrhoea and sleepiness when you are consuming this medicine. If these symptoms do not resolve or worsen, consult your doctor.
|You Save||₹19.35 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||High blood pressure|
|Side effects||Dry Mouth, dizziness, headache, diarrhoea, nausea|
Check more medicines with composition as Moxonidine(0.2 Mg)
4 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Moxilong 0.2mg Tablet
- Moxonol 0.2mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Knoll Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 77.00₹ 65.4540.38% CHEAPER₹ 6.55/Tablet
- Moxcent 0.2mg TabletBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 105.95₹ 90.0617.87% CHEAPER₹ 9.01/Tablet
- Moxovas 0.2mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 95.00₹ 80.7526.44% CHEAPER₹ 8.08/Tablet
- Moxocard 0.2mg TabletBy Lupin10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 97.20₹ 82.6224.7% CHEAPER₹ 8.26/Tablet
Uses of Moxilong 0.2 MG
Moxilong Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure.
Contraindications of Moxilong 0.2 MG
- If you are allergic to Moxonidine or any other component of Moxilong Tablet.
- If you have known heart disease or disorder including slow heart rate.
- If you have radiating chest pain.
Side effects of Moxilong 0.2 MG
- Dry Mouth
- Sleep disorder
- Back Pain
Precautions and Warnings of Moxilong 0.2 MG
Can I take Moxilong Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effect of Moxilong Tablet on pregnancy. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant. Inform your doctor if you are on any other medication.
Can I take Moxilong Tablet while breastfeeding?
Moxilong Tablet passes into the breastmilk and may cause harm to the newborn baby. Hence, it should not be taken by a nursing mother. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Moxilong Tablet?
There is limited data about the effect of Moxilong Tablet on the ability to drive. However, this medicine can cause sleepiness and dizziness. If you experience this after taking Moxilong Tablet, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Moxilong Tablet?
No, you cannot consume alcohol with Moxilong Tablet as it can increase the undesired effect such as sleepiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You had or have a history of heart blockage.
- You had or have heart, kidney disease or disorder.
- You experience slow heart rate.
- Moxilong Tablet should not be used in children below 16 years of age.
Mode of Action of Moxilong 0.2 MG
How Does It Work?
Moxilong Tablet contains Moxonidine which works by relaxing the blood vessels by widening them, reducing the blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Moxilong 0.2 MG
- Moxilong Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water.
- Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Moxilong 0.2 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Use of other antihypertensive medicine like enalapril, ramipril, propranolol can increase the effect of Moxilong Tablet when co-administered.
- Medicine used as mood stabilizer such as amitriptyline, nortriptyline decreases the effect of Moxilong Tablet when administered concomitantly.
- Moxilong Tablet can increase the sleepiness when co-administered with medicine used to elevate mood and induce sleep such as lorazepam, diazepam, zolpidem, and triazolam.
- Medicines excreted by tubular secretion such as digitalis, insulin, sulfonylurea, allopurinol, colchicine, probenecid should not be used along with Moxilong Tablet.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid interactions.
Storage and disposal of Moxilong 0.2 MG
- Store at temperature below 25°C in a cool, dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Moxilong 0.2 MG
Excess of Moxilong Tablet may cause headache, sleepiness, decreased blood pressure, dizziness, lack of energy, slow heart rate, dry mouth, vomiting, tiredness and stomach pain. If you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Moxilong Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I follow to control my high blood pressure?
- Restrict salt intake in your diet.
- Follow a low carb, low-fat food, eat more fruits and leafy vegetables.
- Avoid packaged food.
- Exercise regularly for 30-40 minutes every day.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Take proper medication as per prescription by your doctor.
Q: Can I stop Moxilong Tablet if I experience more side effects?
A: No, you should never stop Moxilong Tablet without consulting your doctor as it may lead to serious complications. Talk to your doctor about all the intolerable side effects. Your doctor may suggest you with some alternative medicine.
Q: Can I stop Moxilong Tablet if my blood pressure is controlled?
A: No, do not stop taking Moxilong Tablet even if you feel fine without talking to your doctor. It may cause serious changes in your blood pressure and serious consequences.
Q: Does Moxilong Tablet make you feel sleepy?
A: Moxilong Tablet can cause sleepiness along with the desired effect but not everyone experiences them. Contact your doctor if these symptoms persist.
Q: Is Moxilong a blood thinner?
A: No, Moxilong is not a blood thinner. It works by relaxing the blood vessels, thus reducing blood pressure.
Q: At what time of the day should I take Moxilong?
A: You can take Moxilong at any time of the day during the day or night, as told by your doctor. But it's advised to take it at the same time each day for maximum results.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed