Mox 500mg Capsule
Mox 500 MG Description
Mox 500 capsule is an antibiotic medicine. It is used to treat various bacterial infections, such as infections of the respiratory tract, lungs, tonsils, throat, skin and urinary tract. It contains a
moxycillin as the active substance. Mox 500 capsule works by binding to certain proteins in the bacteria and preventing the formation of the bacterial cell wall. This results in the death of infection-causing bacteria. Take Mox 500 in the exact dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor. You can take it with or without meals. Do not stop taking this medicine even if you feel better within a few days. Always finish the course of prescribed antibiotic medicines for effective treatment. If you experience common side effects like diarrhoea after taking Mox 500 capsule, it is suggested to drink enough fluids and stay hydrated. Not everyone gets these side effects and they usually go away with time. Inform your doctor if these symptoms are severe or do not go away. Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to any of its components. Before starting Mox 500 capsule, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant or breastfeeding and about your complete medical history. Also, inform the doctor about all other medicines and supplements you take.
|You Save||₹16.53 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(500.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting|
Uses of Mox 500 MG
Contraindications of Mox 500 MG
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin or any other components of Mox 500 capsule.
- If you have a history of any allergic reactions to Penicillins or Cephalosporins.
- If you have a glandular fever which is caused by the Epstein–Barr virus.
Side effects of Mox 500 MG
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Mox 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney problems.
- You have glandular fever, you may experience symptoms like fever, extreme tiredness, sore throat and swollen glands.
- You are unable to or have difficulty urinating.
- You experience watery or bloody diarrhoea, and fever, even if this occurs days after stopping Mox 500 capsule, immediately consult a doctor.
Directions for Use of Mox 500 MG
- Mox 500 capsules should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Storage and disposal of Mox 500 MG
Quick Tips of Mox 500 MG
- Complete the course on Mox 500 capsule given by your doctor.
- Do not miss any doses and take your medicine on time. Do not consume a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
- Mox 500 is an antibiotic reserved for specific bacterial infections like infections of the respiratory tract, lungs, throat, skin and urinary tract, do not self-medicate this medicine. Take proper medical advice before taking this medicine....
- Inform your doctor about all other medicines you take and your medical history, if any.
- Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting and indigestion can be seen as side effects of this medicine, inform your doctor if the side effects do not resolve over time.
- Mox 500 capsule should be taken as prescribed by your doctor and for the duration it has been prescribed.
Dosage of Mox 500 MG
- Symptoms of an overdose are nausea, diarrhoea, vomiting, fits (especially in case of impaired or altered kidney function).
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Mox 500 capsule, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- You should never miss your dose of antibiotics as it may lead to treatment failure. If you have missed taking any dose of Mox 500 mg capsule, take it as soon as you remember.
- However, if it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your medicine schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Mode of Action of Mox 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Mox 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Mox 500 capsule may interact with other medicines. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Medicines like Warfarin and Heparin (blood thinners or anticoagulants), Methotrexate (used to treat cancer), Probenecid and Allopurinol (used to treat gout), Tetracycline (used to treat bacterial infections) should be used cautiously with Mox 500 capsule....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am allergic to penicillin, can I take Mox 500 capsule?
Q: Can I take Mox 500 capsule if I have a sore throat?
Q: Can I take Mox 500 capsule if I have loose motions?
Q: How to take Mox 500 capsule?
Q: What is Mox 500 capsule used for?
Q: Is Mox 500 capsule an antibiotic?
Q: What is the composition of Mox 500 capsule?
Q: How long to take Mox 500 capsule?
Q: When should I eat Mox 500?
Q: What are the side effects of Mox 500?
Q: Is Mox good for cough?
Q: Can Mox 500 be used for a toothache?
Q: Is Mox 500 a pain killer?
Q: Is Mox 500 and amoxicillin the same?
Q: Can I stop taking Mox 500 if I start feeling better?
Q: Can Mox 500 be used in pregnancy?
- Amoxicillin 250 mg Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 August 2022]
- Amoxicillin 250 mg Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 August 2022]
- Dailymed - Amoxicillin [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 12 August 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 12 August 2022]
- Lactmed. Amoxicillin [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 12 August 2022]