Mox 500mg Capsule
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
15 Capsule(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Mox 500 capsule is an antibiotic containing Amoxicillin, which is used to treat various bacterial infections such as respiratory tract infection, lung infection, infection of the tonsils and throat, skin infections, UTI, etc. Take this tablet exactly as directed by the doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine without informing your doctor. Diarrhoea, nausea, and skin rash are some common side effects of this medicine. These side effects normally go away with time, but if you feel your condition deteriorates, you should consult your doctor or visit the hospital. You should tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements you take, and all the diseases or conditions you suffer from or if you are pregnant or planning pregnancy or breastfeeding before starting the treatment with Mox 500 capsules.
Uses of Mox 500mg Capsule
Mox 500 capsule is used to treat bacterial infections of the respiratory tract, skin, tonsils, and throat, lung, urinary tract, etc
Contraindications of Mox 500mg Capsule
- If you are allergic to Amoxicillin or any other components of Mox 500 capsule
- If you have a history of any allergic reactions to Penicillins or Cephalosporins
- If you have a glandular fever which is caused by the Epstein–Barr virus
Side effects of Mox 500mg Capsule
- Skin rash
- Skin itching, swelling of the face, lips, tongue, body or breathing difficulties
- Serious liver side effects like jaundice, severe diarrhoea, darker urine or paler stools may be observed if you have been taking it for several weeks
Precautions and Warnings of Mox 500mg Capsule
Can I take Mox 500 capsule during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the use of Mox 500 capsule during pregnancy. Your doctor may prescribe you this medicine only if considered essential after assessing the benefits over the risks.
Can I take Mox 500 capsule while breastfeeding?
Mox 500 capsule passes into breast milk and may harm your baby. Hence, you should be cautious, and breastfeeding should be discontinued if any side effects are observed.
Can I drive if I have consumed Mox 500 capsule?
You may experience dizziness that may influence your ability to drive or operate machines. Hence, you should be cautious while driving or operating heavy machines when on treatment with Mox 500 capsule.
Can I consume alcohol with Mox 500 capsule?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking Mox 500 capsule as it may worsen the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney problems
- You have glandular fever, you may experience symptoms like fever, extreme tiredness, sore throat, and swollen glands
- You are unable to or have difficulty in urinating
- You experience watery or bloody diarrhoea, fever, even if this occurs days after stopping Mox 500 capsule, immediately consult a doctor
Mode of Action of Mox 500mg Capsule
How Does It Work?
Mox 500 capsule works by preventing one or more enzymes called Penicillin-Binding Proteins (PBPs) that help form a bacterial cell wall, thus causing bacteria death and preventing the worsening of infection.
Directions for Use of Mox 500mg Capsule
- Mox 500 capsules should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Mox 500mg Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Mox 500 capsule may interact with other medicines. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.read less
- Medicines like Warfarin and Heparin (blood thinners or anticoagulants), Methotrexate (used to treat cancer), Probenecid and Allopurinol (used to treat gout), Tetracycline (used to treat bacterial infections) should be used cautiously with Mox 500 capsule.read less
Storage and disposal of Mox 500mg Capsule
Store Mox 500 capsules below 25°C in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture, and heat. Please keep it away from children and pets. Do not use expired or damaged medicines. Discard any unused medicine properly, and do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Mox 500mg Capsule
- Excess of this medicine can cause crystals to pass in the urine (urinating problems), which may lead to kidney failure.
- Symptoms of overdose are nausea, diarrhoea, vomiting, fits (especially in case of impaired or altered kidney function).
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Mox 500 capsule, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
You should never miss your dose of antibiotics as it may lead to treatment failure. If you miss any dose of Mox 500 mg capsule, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose, and continue with your medicine schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am allergic to penicillin, can I take Mox 500 capsule?
A: No, if you have an allergy to penicillin never take Mox 500 capsule as a severe allergic reaction may occur. Always inform your doctor about your allergies.
Q: Is there any chance that I can develop an allergic reaction later?
A: A delayed allergic reaction is characterized by rashes, fever, joint pains and enlargement of the lymph nodes, especially under the arms and may usually occur after 7-12 days.
Q: Can I take Mox 500 capsule if I have a sore throat?
A: Mox 500 capsule is an antibiotic to be taken for throat infection if prescribed by your doctor. Do not self-medicate. Sore throat in most of the cases is a viral infection in which antibiotics are not effective. Hence, it is important to consult your doctor, let the doctor decide if it is a viral or bacterial infection and treat you accordingly.
Q: Can Mox 500 capsule be taken for cough?
A: Yes, Mox 500 capsule can be used if prescribed by a doctor. Cough can be due to other underlying problems like pollution, smoking or serious respiratory disease. Kindly consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
Q: Can I take Mox 500 capsule if I have loose motions?
A: No, you should not take Mox 500 capsule for treating loose motions.
Q: Can Mox 500 be taken for a toothache?
A: Yes, Mox 500 Capsule can be used if prescribed by a dentist. Do not take this medicine on your own as this is an antibiotic medicine and can impact the healthy bacterial flora of the body. Kindly consult your dentist for proper diagnosis and better information.
Q: Is Mox 500 capsule safe to use in pregnancy?
A: Mox 500 can be taken by a pregnant woman if prescribed by a doctor. Do not self-medicate any antibiotic medicine on your own, especially during pregnancy, consult your doctor before taking any medicine.
Q: What is Mox 500 capsule prescribed for?
A: Mox 500 capsule is an antibiotic used for treating respiratory, urinary bacterial infections.
Q: How to take Mox 500 capsule?
A: Take Mox 500 capsule exactly as told by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the tablet.
Other Variants for
Mox 500mg Capsule
Last Updated on: 07 Nov 2020 | 01:05 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved