Novamox 500mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
By CIPLA LIMITED
15 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Novamox Capsule is an antibiotic medicine used to treat bacterial infections like infection of the lungs, airways, tonsils and throat, skin and urinary tract infections. It contains amoxicillin as an active ingredient. It stops the growth and multiplication of bacteria. Novamox Capsule or other antibiotics should not be used when not sure if the infection is due to bacteria, unnecessary use of antibiotics can make it ineffective treatment. Complete the course as prescribed by the doctor or it may lead to relapse or return the infection.
Uses of Novamox 500mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
- Novamox Capsule is used to treat bacterial infections of the airway, lungs, skin, tonsils, throat and urinary tract.
- It used for the treatment of sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhoea and for reducing the risk of an ulcer due to a bacteria called H. pylori.
Contraindications of Novamox 500mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin or other components of this Novamox Capsule.
- Having a history of allergic reactions to penicillins or cephalosporins. If you are not sure which are the medicines ask the doctor.
Side effects of Novamox 500mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
- Skin rash
- Skin itching
Precautions and Warnings of Novamox 500mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
Can I take the Novamox Capsule during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the use of the Novamox Capsule during pregnancy. You can use the medicine in pregnancy only if prescribed by the doctor.
Can I take the Novamox Capsule while breastfeeding?
Novamox Capsule passes into breast milk. Hence, you should be cautious and breastfeeding should be discontinued if side effects such as thrush, fungal infection of the mouth are observed in the breastfed infant.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Novamox Capsule?
There is limited information available on the effect of the medicine on the driving ability of an individual. You may experience dizziness that may influence the ability to drive or operate machines. Hence, avoid driving or operating machine when on treatment with Novamox Capsule.
Can I consume alcohol with the Novamox Capsule?
No known interactions with alcohol. Discuss with the doctor if you drink alcohol too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may experience allergic symptoms after taking the medicine.
- If you have kidney disease then dose adjustments are required.
- People with kidney problems may experience fits or seizures.
- You are unable to urinate or may have difficulty urinating.
- You may have glandular fever, you may experience symptoms like fever, extreme tiredness, sore throat and swollen glands.
- You may experience watery or bloody diarrhoea, fever, even if this occurs days after stopping the medicine, immediately consult a doctor.
Mode of Action of Novamox 500mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
How Does It Work?
Novamox Capsule blocks the action of an enzyme responsible for cell wall formation in bacteria, thereby stopping the growth and multiplication of bacteria responsible for the infection.
Directions for Use of Novamox 500mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
- Novamox Capsule should be taken as directed by the doctor.
- Take with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew it.
- Avoid overdose of the medicine.
Interactions of Novamox 500mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Novamox Capsule works, or the medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor of medicines, supplements, or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Especially taking other anti-infective medicines, medicine for the treatment of gout and oral contraceptives.
Storage and disposal of Novamox 500mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
- Store below 25°C at a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Novamox 500mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
The symptoms of an overdose of Novamox Capsule includes nausea, diarrhoea, vomiting. In case of an overdose, contact the doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
You should never miss your dose of antibiotics as it may lead to treatment failure and relapse of the infection. If you miss a dose of Novamox Capsule, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the medicine schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Novamox Capsule safe to use in pregnancy?
A: Novamox Capsule can be taken by a pregnant woman if prescribed by a doctor. Avoid self-medicating, especially during pregnancy since there is limited safety information available about the use of the medicine during pregnancy. Consult the doctor before taking medicine.
Q: What is Novamox Capsule prescribed for?
A: Novamox Capsule is an antibiotic used for treating infections of the lungs, throat, airways, ears, tonsils, urinary tract, certain reproductive tract infection (gonorrhoea) and to reduce the risk of recurrence of an ulcer due to a bacteria, H. pylori.
- Novamox Capsules [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 12 June 2021]
- Amoxicillin 250 mg Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 June 2021]
- Amoxicillin 250 mg Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 June 2021]
- DailyMed - AMOXICILLAN tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 12 June 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 12 June 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
- Novamox 250 Mg Capsule
- Novamox Paediatric Drops 10 Ml
- Novamox 500 Mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Novamox 500 Mg Capsule 3
- Novamox 250 Mg Rediuse Suspension 60 Ml
- Novamox 125 Mg Oral Suspension 60 Ml
- Novamox 125 Mg Suspension 30 Ml
- Novamox 250 Mg Rediuse Suspension 30 Ml
- Novamox 125 Mg Suspension 60 Ml
- Novamox 125 Mg Rediuse 60 Ml
- Novamox 125 Mg Rediuse 30 Ml
- Novamox 100 Mg Injection 1
- Novamox 500 Mg Capsule
- Novamox 250 Mg Capsule 3
Last Updated on: 12 Jun 2021 | 08:27 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 25% Off on first medicine order
Flat Rs.150 instant discount on HDFC Bank Debit and Credit cards
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved