Wymox 500mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
Wymox 500 MG Description
Wymox 500mg capsule is an antibiotic medicine. It contains amoxicillin as its active ingredient. This medicine is used to treat various bacterial infections of the lungs, tonsils, throat, urinary tra
ct, skin, etc. Wymox 500mg capsule works by inhibiting the growth of infection-causing bacteria. This leads to bacterial death and prevents the spread of infection. Take this capsule in the exact dose and duration as directed by the doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine abruptly as it may result in treatment failure. Always complete the given course of antibiotics to prevent treatment failure and recurrence of infection. Before starting the treatment with Wymox 500mg capsule, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
- Moxikem 500mg Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 73.47₹ 62.4610.71% CHEAPER₹ 6.25/Capsule
Uses of Wymox 500 MG
Contraindications of Wymox 500 MG
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin or any other ingredients of Wymox 500mg capsule.
- If you have a history of any allergic reactions to penicillins or cephalosporins.
- If you have infectious mononucleosis or glandular fever caused by the Epstein–Barr virus.
Side effects of Wymox 500 MG
- Skin rash
- Skin itching
Precautions and Warnings of Wymox 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are unable to or have trouble urinating.
- You have kidney problems.
- If you have glandular fever, you may experience symptoms like fever, extreme tiredness, sore throat and swollen glands.
- If you experience watery or bloody diarrhoea or fever, even if this occurs days after stopping this medicine, immediately consult a doctor.
Mode of Action of Wymox 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Wymox 500 MG
- Take Wymox 500mg capsule as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It is advisable to take the medicine at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume more than the dose prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Wymox 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Wymox 500mg capsule works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals that you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Concomitant use of medicines used to treat gout-like allopurinol and probenecid with this medicine can increase the effect of the Wymox 500mg capsule
- The effect of methotrexate, medicines to treat cancers may increase when used together with Wymox 500mg capsule.
- Medicines like warfarin and heparin which are also known as blood thinners or anticoagulants
- Other antibiotics can interfere with the effects of Wymox 500mg capsule when used together.
Storage and disposal of Wymox 500 MG
- Store Wymox 500mg capsule below 25°C in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Please keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Wymox 500 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Wymox 500mg capsule used for?
Q: Can I develop an allergic reaction later with Wymox 500mg capsule?
Q: I have a cough, can I take Wymox 500mg capsule?
Q: Can Wymox 500mg capsule be taken for loose motion?
Q: I have a terrible toothache can I take Wymox 500mg capsule?
Q: I have an allergy to penicillin, can I take Wymox 500mg capsule?
Q: What does inappropriate use of antibiotics mean?
Q: Can I stop taking Wymox 500mg capsule on my own?
Q: Can Wymox 500mg be used in pregnancy?
- Amoxicillin 250 mg Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Amoxicillin 250 mg Capsules - Product Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- DailyMed - AMOXICILLAN tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]