Wymox 500mg Capsule
By PFIZER LTD
15 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Wymox 500mg capsule is an antibiotic containing amoxicillin as its active ingredient. It is used to treat various bacterial infections such as lung infection, infection of tonsils and throat, urinary tract infection, skin infections, etc. Amoxicillin in Wymox 500mg capsule works by inhibiting the growth of infection-causing bacteria, thus leading to bacterial death and prevents the spread of infection. Take this capsule as directed by the doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine abruptly as it may result in treatment failure. It is important to discuss with your doctor all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer....
|You Save||₹18.45 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(500.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, skin rash|
Check more medicines with composition as Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(500.0 Mg)
6 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Wymox 500mg Capsule
Uses of Wymox 500 MG
Wymox 500mg capsule is used to treat different types of bacterial infections such as respiratory tract infection, dental infections, infection of tonsils and throat, lung infection, urinary tract infections, skin infections, etc....
Contraindications of Wymox 500 MG
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a history of any allergic reactions to penicillins or cephalosporins.
- If you have infectious mononucleosis or glandular fever caused by the Epstein–Barr virus.
Side effects of Wymox 500 MG
- Skin rash
- Skin itching
- Darker urine
- Pale stools
- Breathing difficulties
Precautions and Warnings of Wymox 500 MG
Can I take Wymox 500mg capsule during pregnancy?
There is limited information available on the safety of Wymox 500mg capsule during pregnancy. Your doctor will prescribe this medicine only if considered essential after assessing the need.
Can I take Wymox 500mg capsule while breastfeeding?
Wymox 500mg capsule passes into breast milk and can harm your baby. Hence, you should be cautious and the breastfeeding should be discontinued if any side effects are observed.
Can I drive if I have consumed Wymox 500mg capsule ?
Wymox 500mg capsule may make you dizzy. Therefore you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Wymox 500mg capsule?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with Wymox 500mg capsule as alcohol may worsen the side effects and impair your recovery from the infection.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are unable to or have trouble urinating.
- You have kidney problems.
- You have glandular fever, you may experience symptoms like fever, extreme tiredness, sore throat and swollen glands.
- If you experience watery or bloody diarrhoea or fever, even if this occurs days after stopping this medicine, immediately consult a doctor.
Mode of Action of Wymox 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Wymox 500mg capsule works by inhibiting the enzyme responsible for the formation of the bacterial cell wall, thus causing bacteria death and prevents the spreading of infection.
Directions for Use of Wymox 500 MG
Take Wymox 500mg capsule as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew it.
Interactions of Wymox 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of medicines used to treat gout-like allopurinol and probenecid with this medicine can increase the effect of the Wymox 500mg capsule
- The effect of methotrexate, medicines to treat cancers may increase when used together with Wymox 500mg capsule.
- Medicines like warfarin and heparin which are also known as blood thinners or anticoagulants
- Other antibiotics can interfere with the effects of Wymox 500mg capsule when used together.
Storage and disposal of Wymox 500 MG
- Store Wymox 500mg capsule below 25°C in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Please keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Wymox 500 MG
The symptoms of overdose include vomiting, nausea and diarrhoea. It can cause the crystal to pass in the urine (urinating problems), which may lead to kidney failure. Convulsions (fits) may be observed in case of impaired kidney function or if you are taking a high dose of this medicine. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken an excessive dose of Wymox 500mg capsule, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
You should never miss your dose of antibiotics as it may lead to treatment failure. If you miss any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed one and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Wymox 500mg capsule used for?
A: Wymox 500mg capsule is an antibiotic used for treating various bacterial infection.
Q: Can I develop an allergic reaction later?
A: A delayed allergic reaction characterized by rashes, fever, joint pains and enlargement of the lymph nodes, especially under the arms, may usually occur after 7-12 days.
Q: I have a cough, can I take Wymox 500mg capsule?
A: Yes, Wymox 500mg capsule can be used if prescribed by a doctor. Cough can be due to other underlying problems like pollution, smoking or a serious respiratory disease. Kindly consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
Q: Can Wymox 500mg capsule be taken for loose motion?
A: No, you should not take Wymox 500mg capsule medicine for treating loose motion.
Q: I have a terrible toothache can I take Wymox 500mg capsule?
A: Yes, Wymox 500mg capsule can be used if prescribed by a dentist. Do not take this medicine on your own as this is an antibiotic medicine and can impact the healthy bacterial flora of the body. Kindly consult your dentist for proper diagnosis and better information.
Q: I have an allergy to penicillin, can I take Wymox 500mg capsule?
A: No, if you have a penicillin allergy, never take Wymox 500mg capsule as a severe allergic reaction may occur. Always inform your doctor about your allergies.
Q: What does inappropriate use of antibiotics mean?
A: Inappropriate use of antibiotics constitutes taking antibiotics when not needed, for different ailments, taking improper dosage and not completing the course of antibiotic treatment as prescribed by the doctor.
Q: Can I stop taking Wymox 500mg capsule on my own?
A: No, you should never stop taking Wymox 500mg capsule until advised by the doctor, even if you are feeling good. If you stop taking this medicine, it may lead to treatment failure, recurrence of infection and you may face some side effects as well.
- Amoxicillin 250 mg Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 29 June 2021]
- Amoxicillin 250 mg Capsules - Product Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 29 June 2021]
- DailyMed - AMOXICILLAN tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 29 June 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 29 June 2021]