Cipmox 500mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
By CIPLA GX
15 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
8 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cipmox 500 capsule is used to treat various types of infections caused by bacteria such as respiratory tract infection, lung infection, infection of tonsils and throat, UTI, skin infections, etc. It is an antibiotic containing Amoxicillin as its active ingredient. Take this capsule precisely as directed by the doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine without informing your doctor. Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea and skin rash are some common side effects of this medicine. Most of which are temporary, please report to your doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen.
Uses of Cipmox 500mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
Cipmox 500 capsule is used to treat different types of bacterial infections such as respiratory tract infection, dental infections, infection of tonsils and throat, lung infection, urinary tract infections, skin infections, etc.
Contraindications of Cipmox 500mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
- If you are allergic to Amoxicillin or any other ingredients of Cipmox 500 capsule
- If you have a history of any allergic reactions to Penicillins or Cephalosporins
- If you have infectious mononucleosis or glandular fever caused by the Epstein–Barr virus
Side effects of Cipmox 500mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
- Skin rash
- Skin itching, swelling of the face, lips, tongue, body or breathing difficulties
- Some severe liver side effects like jaundice, severe diarrhoea, darker urine or paler stools are observed if you have been taking this medicine for several weeks.
Precautions and Warnings of Cipmox 500mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
Can I take Cipmox 500 capsule during pregnancy?
There is limited information available on the safety of Cipmox 500 capsule during pregnancy. Your doctor will prescribe this medicine only if considered essential after assessing the benefits over the risks.
Can I take Cipmox 500 capsule while breastfeeding?
- Cipmox 500 capsule passes into breast milk and can harm your baby. Hence, you should be cautious, and breastfeeding should be discontinued if any side effects are observed.
Can I drive if I have consumed Cipmox 500 capsule?
Cipmox 500 capsule may make you dizzy, therefore you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Cipmox 500 capsule?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with Cipmox 500 capsule as alcohol may worsen the side effects and impair your recovery from the infection.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are unable to or have trouble in urinating
- You have kidney problems
- You have glandular fever, you may experience symptoms like fever, extreme tiredness, sore throat and swollen glands
- You experience watery or bloody diarrhoea or fever, even if this occurs days after stopping this medicine, immediately consult a doctor
Mode of Action of Cipmox 500mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
How Does It Work?
Cipmox 500 capsule works by preventing one or more enzymes called Penicillin-Binding Proteins (PBPs) which help to form a bacterial cell wall, thus causing bacteria death and prevents worsening of infection.
Directions for Use of Cipmox 500mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
- Cipmox 500 capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not stop taking this medicine on your own without consulting the doctor.
Interactions of Cipmox 500mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Cipmox 500 capsule may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.read less
- Medicines like Allopurinol and Probenecid (used to treat gout), Methotrexate (used to treat a certain type of cancers), medicines like Warfarin and Heparin which are also known as blood thinners or anticoagulants and other antibiotics like Tetracycline used to treat bacterial infections should be used with caution along with Cipmox 500 capsule.read less
Storage and disposal of Cipmox 500mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
- Store Cipmox capsules below 25°C in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Please keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Cipmox 500mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
The symptoms of overdose include vomiting, nausea and diarrhoea. It can cause the crystal to pass in the urine (urinating problems), which may lead to kidney failure. Convulsions (fits) may be observed in case of impaired kidney function or if you are taking a high dose of this medicine. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken excess dose of Cipmox 500 mg capsules, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
You should never miss your dose of antibiotics as it may lead to treatment failure. If you miss any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed one and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Cipmox 500 capsule used for?
A: Cipmox 500 capsule is an antibiotic used for treating respiratory and urinary bacterial infections.
Q: Can I develop an allergic reaction later?
A: A delayed allergic reaction characterized by rashes, fever, joint pains and enlargement of the lymph nodes, especially under the arms, may usually occur after 7-12 days.
Q: I have a cough, can I take Cipmox 500?
A: Yes, Cipmox 500 capsule can be used if prescribed by a doctor. Cough can be due to other underlying problems like pollution, smoking or serious respiratory disease. Kindly consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
Q: Can Cipmox 500 capsule be taken for loose motion?
A: No, you should not take Cipmox 500 medicine for treating loose motion.
Q: I have a terrible toothache can I take Cipmox 500?
A: Yes, Cipmox 500 capsule can be used if prescribed by a dentist. Do not take this medicine on your own as this is an antibiotic medicine and can impact the healthy bacterial flora of the body. Kindly consult your dentist for proper diagnosis and better information.
Q: I have an allergy to penicillin, can I take Cipmox 500 capsule?
A: No, if you have an allergy to penicillin never take Cipmox 500 capsules as a severe allergic reaction may occur. Always inform your doctor about your allergies.
Q: What does inappropriate use of antibiotics mean?
A: Inappropriate use of antibiotics constitutes taking antibiotics when not needed, for different ailments, taking improper dosage and not completing the course of antibiotic treatment as prescribed by the doctor.
Q: Can I stop taking Cipmox 500 capsule on my own?
A: No, you should never stop taking Cipmox 500 capsule until advised by the doctor, even if you are feeling good. If you stop taking this medicine, it may lead to treatment failure, recurrence of infection and may face some side effects as well.
Q: Is Cipmox 500 capsule an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Cipmox 500 capsule contains Amoxicillin, which belongs to a group of medicine called antibiotics.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 03 Apr 2021 | 10:52 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved