Mosif 400mg Tablet
By SIDHBALI FORMULATIONS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Mosif 400 MG Description
Mosif Tablet contains Moxifloxacin. It is used to treat bacterial infection of the sinus, airways, urinary tract, skin and lungs. Mosif Tablet works by stopping and killing the growth of bacteria tha
t cause infection. It should not be used for children below 18 years of age. Always use sunscreen while on this medicine. Provide detailed information about medical conditions and medications along with family history to your doctor. Mosif Tablet should not be used for pregnant and nursing mothers.
3 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Mosif 400mg Tablet
- Moxiflot 400mg TabletsBy Knoll Healthcare Pvt Ltd5 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 142.24₹ 120.90₹ 24.18/Tablet
- Mahaflox 400mg Strip Of 5 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd5 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 109.00₹ 92.65₹ 18.53/Tablet
- Macflox 400mg TabletBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 255.24₹ 216.95₹ 21.69/Tablet
Uses of Mosif 400 MG
Mosif Tablet is used to treat bacterial infection such as infection of the sinuses, sudden worsening of long-term inflammation of the airways, infection of the lungs (pneumonia) acquired outside the hospital, infections of the female upper genital tract and infections of the skin and soft tissue in adults....
Contraindications of Mosif 400 MG
- If you are allergic to Moxifloxacin or any other component of Mosif Tablet.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you are below 18 years of age.
- If you have any heart-related disease or disorder including an irregular heartbeat.
- If you have or had an imbalanced electrolyte level.
- If you had experienced tendon disease or disorder due to treatment with quinolone class of medicine.
- If you are on any medicine used to treat an irregular heartbeat.
- If you have liver disease.
Side effects of Mosif 400 MG
- Stomach Pain
- Irregular heartbeat
- Oral or vaginal fungal infection
Precautions and Warnings of Mosif 400 MG
Can I take Mosif Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effect of Mosif Tablet on pregnancy. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant. Inform your doctor if you are on any other medication.
Can I take Mosif Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information about the effect of Mosif Tablet on nursing mother. It might pass into the breastmilk and may be harmful to the baby. Inform your doctor if you are a breastfeeding mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Mosif Tablet?
Mosif Tablet may cause dizziness and headache and affect the ability to drive. If you experience these symptoms, then avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Mosif Tablet?
You should not consume alcohol with Mosif Tablet as it may increase the undesired effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You had an allergic reaction after consuming medicine belonging to a similar class.
- You have or had heart diseases, including an irregular heartbeat.
- You are on any medication to treat an irregular heartbeat.
- You have or had liver, kidney disease.
- You have or had fits or psychiatric illness.
- You had symptoms of neuropathy such as pain, burning, tingling, numbness, or weakness.
- You have or had myasthenia gravis.
- You had tendinitis or tendon rupture characterized by painful swelling, inflammation, immobilization.
- You experience disturbance in blood glucose level after taking Mosif Tablet.
- You experience vision disorder or decreased vision or diarrhoea after taking Mosif Tablet.
- You or any member of your family have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (a rare hereditary disease).
- You have been diagnosed with or have a family history of an enlargement of a large blood vessel of the heart.
- You have an infection of the genital area.
- Avoid exposure of direct or indirect sunlight when on Mosif Tablet, always use sunscreen.
Mode of Action of Mosif 400 MG
How Does It Work?
Mosif Tablet works by inhibiting the multiplication of the bacteria, stopping the growth.
Directions for Use of Mosif 400 MG
- Mosif Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Mosif 400 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicine used to treat irregular heartbeat such as quinidine, disopyramide, sotalol, amiodarone; medicine used in brain diseases such as phenothiazines, pimozide, sertindole, amitriptyline; antimicrobial medicine to treat bacterial infection such as saquinavir, sparfloxacin, erythromycin IV, pentamidine; antiallergic medicine such as terfenadine, astemizole, mizolastine should not be used concomitantly with Mosif Tablet....
- Medicine known to lower potassium level such as hydrochlorothiazide, furosemide, amphotericin B, prednisolone should not be used concomitantly with Mosif Tablet.
- Medicine such as sucralfate used to treat acidity and medicine containing zinc and iron should not be co-administered with Mosif Tablet.
- Charcoal should not be administered along with Mosif Tablet as it can alter the effect of the medicine.
- Mosif Tablet may enhance the effect of blood thinner medicine such as warfarin.
- Mosif Tablet may lower the effect of blood sugar-lowering medications such as glibenclamide when co-administered.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any interactions.
Storage and disposal of Mosif 400 MG
- Store at temperature below 25°C in a cool, dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Mosif 400 MG
- Excess of Mosif Tablet may alter the heart rhythm characterized by electrocardiogram (ECG).
- If you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Mosif Tablet, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Mosif Tablet when I feel better?
A: No, do not stop taking Mosif Tablet before the prescribed duration. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cured. You should complete the full course of treatment, else there are chances of recurrence of an infection.
Q: Can the use of Mosif Tablet cause diarrhoea?
- Yes, the use of Mosif Tablet can cause diarrhoea along with the desired effect, but not everyone gets them.
- It is an antibiotic which kills both good and bad bacteria when good bacteria present in the intestine gets killed, it can cause diarrhoea. If you are experiencing severe diarrhoea, talk to your doctor about it....
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed