Montemac L Tablet
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Montemac-L tablet is used to relieve symptoms of allergic rhinitis such as a runny or a stuffed nose, blockage in airways, sneezing, itching, watery eyes and other allergic symptoms. Montemac-L Tablet is a combination medicine containing montelukast and levocetirizine as its active ingredients. It works by blocking the production of chemicals responsible for causing the allergy. It should be taken as directed by the doctor, in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, with or without food. Your doctor may advise you to take the Montemac-L tablet, preferably at bedtime. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding; about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting this medicine.
Uses of Montemac L Tablet
Montemac-L tablet is used to relieve the symptoms of allergic rhinitis, like a runny or stuffed nose, blockage in airways, difficulty in breathing, sneezing and watery eyes.
Contraindications of Montemac L Tablet
- If you are allergic to levocetirizine, cetirizine or other components of the Montemac-L tablet.
- If you have kidney problems or are undergoing dialysis.
Side effects of Montemac L Tablet
- Upper respiratory tract infection
Precautions and Warnings of Montemac L Tablet
Can I take the Montemac-L tablet during pregnancy?
There is little information about the effect of the Montemac-L tablet during pregnancy. Avoid taking the medicine unless it is prescribed by the doctor. Inform the doctor about the pregnancy or you may be pregnant.
Can I take the Montemac-L tablet while breastfeeding?
- A component passes into the breastmilk and may cause drowsiness in the newborn baby. Avoid taking the medicine while breastfeeding unless it is prescribed by the doctor. Inform the doctor if you are a breastfeeding mother.Read less
Can I drive after consuming the Montemac-L tablet?
You may develop dizziness or drowsiness after taking the Montemac-L tablet. It is advised to be cautious while driving or operating machinery after taking the medicine.
Can I consume alcohol while taking the Montemac-L tablet?
Avoid alcohol consumption during the treatment as it might alter alertness and increase side effects. Inform the doctor if you drink regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are using medicines for allergies (corticosteroids) like prednisone and prednisolone.
- You are using painkillers like aspirin as they can increase the risk of asthma.
- You have a pre-existing medical condition like fits, psychiatric illness or other genetic disorder, etc.
- You develop a rash or difficulty in breathing.
- The medicine cause anxiety, aggression, lack of sleep and suicidal thoughts. If you experience the symptoms, inform the doctor.
- You are not able to empty the bladder.
- It is not meant for relief from acute asthma, use the inhaler for asthma relief in an acute attack.
Mode of Action of Montemac L Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Montelukast blocks natural substances called leukotrienes which may cause allergies. It prevents swelling, relaxes airways and helps make breathing easier.
- Levocetirizine blocks histamine which is produced by the body during allergic reactions.
Directions for Use of Montemac L Tablet
Take as directed by the doctor. Swallow as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It must be taken at night. Take at the same every day for optimal results and must not consume it more than prescribed by the doctor.
Interactions of Montemac L Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Montemac-L tablet contains levocetirizine and montelukast, interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination.
- Certain medicines interfere with the action of the Montemac-L tablet, if taken at the same time. Inform the doctor regarding medications you take, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for the disorder.Read less
- If you are taking medicines for fits like phenytoin, anti-tuberculosis medicines like rifampicin, anti-anxiety medicines like phenobarbital, medicines for breathing problem like theophylline, etc.
Storage and disposal of Montemac L Tablet
- Store the medicine below 30°C.
- Protect it from direct sunlight and moisture.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Montemac L Tablet
Symptoms of an overdose include drowsiness, aggression, restlessness, thirst, headache, vomiting, etc. If you think you have taken too much of the medicine, contact the doctor or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking a dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have depression, can Montemac-L tablet worsen it?
A: It causes side effects like anxiety, depression, irritability and suicidal behaviour. It would be best if you are cautious as there is an increased frequency of suicidal thoughts. In case it occurs, inform the family and doctor.
Q: Can I take the Montemac-L tablet during an asthma attack?
A: No, it is not used in an acute attack of asthma. It is advised to take appropriate rescue medicine like inhalers given by the doctor during an asthma attack. Keep using the medicine as well and do not stop it abruptly.
Q: Can the Montemac-L tablet be taken during pregnancy?
A: You can take the Montemac-L only if it is prescribed by the doctor after assessing the benefits and necessity. Do not self-medicate.
Q: Can I take Montemac-L tablet on an empty stomach?
A: Montemac-L tablet is taken with or without a meal. Take the medicine with a meal to avoid an upset stomach.
Q: Does Montemac-L tablet cause sleep?
A: Montemac-L tablet may induce drowsiness and dizziness in some people as one of its side effects. However, it is not meant to be used for treating sleeplessness or lack of sleep.
Last Updated on: 26 Jul 2021 | 11:40 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved