Montemac L Tablet
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Montemac-L Tablet is an anti-allergic medicine. It is a combination of Montelukast and Levocetirizine. Montemac-L Tablet is used to treat allergic conditions such as a runny or stuffed nose, blockage in airways, difficulty in breathing, sneezing and watery eyes. This medicine acts by blocking chemical substances such as leukotrienes and histamine responsible for allergic conditions. Montemac-L Tablet can make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Thus, it is preferred to take this medicine at night. Inform your doctor if you have any kidney disease or undergoing dialysis, as the use of this medicine in such conditions is not recommended.
Uses of Montemac L Tablet
Montemac-L Tablet is used for relieving the symptoms of allergic rhinitis, such as a runny or stuffed nose, blockage in airways, difficulty in breathing, sneezing and watery eyes.
Contraindications of Montemac L Tablet
- If you are allergic to Levocetirizine, cetirizine or any other component of Montemac-L Tablet.
- If you have kidney problems or you are undergoing dialysis.
- If you are unable to digest lactose and glucose (galactose intolerance).
Side effects of Montemac L Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Dry mouth
- Tiredness or weakness
- A blocked or runny nose
- Dizziness or drowsiness
- Indigestion or dyspepsia
Precautions and Warnings of Montemac L Tablet
Can I take the Montemac-L Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effect of the Montemac-L Tablet on pregnancy. It is recommended to avoid taking this medicine unless it is prescribed by your doctor. Inform your doctor about your pregnancy or if you think you may be pregnant.
Can I take the Montemac-L Tablet while breastfeeding?
- A component of the Montemac-L Tablet passes into human breast milk and may cause drowsiness in the newborn baby. It is recommended to avoid taking this medicine while breastfeeding unless it is prescribed by your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are a breast-feeding mother.read less
Can I drive if I have consumed the Montemac-L Tablet?
You may feel dizziness or drowsiness after taking Montemac-L Tablet. Thus, it is advised to be cautious while driving or operating any machinery after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Montemac-L Tablet?
It is advised to avoid alcohol consumption during the treatment as it might alter your alertness and increase side effects. Talk to your doctor if you drink regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are taking medicines for allergies (corticosteroids) like Prednisone and Prednisolone.
- You are already taking painkillers like aspirin as it can increase the risk of asthma.
- You experience a rash or difficulty in breathing.
- You are suffering from a psychiatric illness.
- This medicine can cause anxiety, aggression, lack of sleep and suicidal thoughts. In case you experience any of these, immediately inform your doctor.
- You are suffering from a genetic disorder called phenylketonuria.
- You are not able to empty the bladder completely.
- Montemac-L Tablet is not meant for relief from acute asthma, use your inhaler for asthma relief in an acute attack.
Mode of Action of Montemac L Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Montelukast blocks certain natural substances called leukotrienes which may cause allergies. It reduces swelling, relaxes airways and helps to make breathing easier.
- Levocetirizine blocks histamine, a natural substance, which is produced by the body during allergic reactions.
Directions for Use of Montemac L Tablet
Montemac-L Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It should preferably be taken at night. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Montemac L Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Montemac-L Tablet contains Levocetirizine and Montelukast. Any interaction which is seen with any of these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination too.
- Medicines used to treat fits or epilepsy like Phenytoin.
- Medicines used to treat anxiety or sleeplessness (CNS depressants) like Phenobarbital.
- Medicines used to treat tuberculosis like Rifampicin.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Montemac L Tablet
- Store this medicine below 30°C
- Try to protect it from light and moisture
- Keep it away from the reach of children
Dosage of Montemac L Tablet
- Symptoms of overdose include drowsiness, aggression, restlessness, thirst and headache
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have depression, can Montemac-L Tablet worsen it?
A: Montemac-L is known to cause side effects like anxiety, depression, irritability and suicidal behaviour. It would be best if you are cautious as there can be an increased frequency of suicidal thoughts. In case it occurs, immediately inform your family and doctor.
Q: Can I take the Montemac-L Tablet during an asthma attack?
A: No, it will not help in an acute attack of asthma. It is advised to take appropriate rescue medicine like inhalers given by your doctor during an asthma attack. Keep taking this medicine as well and do not stop it abruptly.
Q: Can Montemac-L Tablet be taken during pregnancy?
A: You can take Montemac-L only if it is prescribed by your doctor after assessing the benefits and necessity. Do not self-medicate.
Q: Can Montemac-L be taken on an empty stomach?
A: Montemac-L Tablet can be taken with or without a meal. However, it is recommended to take it with a meal to avoid an upset stomach.
- CiplaMed. Montair LC. [ Accessed on 26.Feb.2021 ] (online)
- Centaurpharma. MTnL Tablet. PI. [ Accessed on 26.Feb.2021 ] (online)
- EMA. SmPC. Montelukast. [ Accessed on 26.Feb.2021 ] (online)
- EMA. SmPC. Levocetirizine. [ Accessed on 26.Feb.2021 ] (online)
- LactMed. Levocetrizine. [ Accessed on 26.Feb.2021 ] (online)
Last Updated on: 04 Mar 2021 | 09:25 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved