Montemac L Tablet
Montemac L Tablet Description
Montemac-L tablet is an antiallergic medicine. It is used to relieve symptoms of allergic rhinitis such as a runny or a stuffed nose, blockage in airways, sneezing, itching, watery eyes and other all
rgic symptoms. Montemac L is a combination medicine containing montelukast and levocetirizine as its active ingredients. It works by blocking the production of chemicals responsible for causing the allergy. It should be taken as directed by the doctor, in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, with or without food. Your doctor may advise you to take the Montemac L, preferably at bedtime. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding; about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting this medicine.
Uses of Montemac L Tablet
Contraindications of Montemac L Tablet
- If you are allergic to levocetirizine, cetirizine or other components of the Montemac-L tablet.
- If you have kidney problems or are undergoing dialysis.
Side effects of Montemac L Tablet
- Upper respiratory tract infection
Precautions and Warnings of Montemac L Tablet
- A component passes into the breastmilk and may cause drowsiness in the newborn baby. Avoid taking the medicine while breastfeeding unless it is prescribed by the doctor. Inform the doctor if you are a breastfeeding mother....
Other General Warnings
- You are using medicines for allergies (corticosteroids) like prednisone and prednisolone.
- You are using painkillers like aspirin as they can increase the risk of asthma.
- You have a pre-existing medical condition like fits, psychiatric illness or other genetic disorder, etc.
- You develop a rash or difficulty in breathing.
- The medicine cause anxiety, aggression, lack of sleep and suicidal thoughts. If you experience the symptoms, inform the doctor.
- You are not able to empty the bladder.
- It is not meant for relief from acute asthma, use the inhaler for asthma relief in an acute attack.
Mode of Action of Montemac L Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Montelukast blocks natural substances called leukotrienes which may cause allergies. It prevents swelling, relaxes airways and helps make breathing easier.
- Levocetirizine blocks histamine which is produced by the body during allergic reactions.
Directions for Use of Montemac L Tablet
Interactions of Montemac L Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Montemac-L tablet contains levocetirizine and montelukast, interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination.
- Certain medicines interfere with the action of the Montemac-L, if taken at the same time. Inform the doctor regarding medications you take, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for the disorder....
- If you are taking medicines for fits like phenytoin, anti-tuberculosis medicines like rifampicin, anti-anxiety medicines like phenobarbital, medicines for breathing problem like theophylline, etc.
Storage and disposal of Montemac L Tablet
- Store the medicine below 30°C.
- Protect it from direct sunlight and moisture.
- Keep it away from children and pets.